Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,152 posts in this topic

Very grateful to @Shaksaat for previous help on my port of entry questions. I have another and hoped someone might help...

I'm the spouse of the green card applicant and we've had our (successful) embassy interview and are awaiting collection of passports. For practical reasons he's hoping to enter the US first, present himself with package etc and get his I551; and then for me to follow say a week or a month later - and get my stamp (I won't have a 'package' and it may all be online anyway). I'm wondering if there are any disadvantages in this plan. I know I won't get my green card stamp until I do but I'd be keen to know whether there are any other potential problems/ pitfalls in not going together.

4 minutes ago, Clare and Claire said:

Very grateful to @Shaksaat for previous help on my port of entry questions. I have another and hoped someone might help...

I'm the spouse of the green card applicant and we've had our (successful) embassy interview and are awaiting collection of passports. For practical reasons he's hoping to enter the US first, present himself with package etc and get his I551; and then for me to follow say a week or a month later - and get my stamp (I won't have a 'package' and it may all be online anyway). I'm wondering if there are any disadvantages in this plan. I know I won't get my green card stamp until I do but I'd be keen to know whether there are any other potential problems/ pitfalls in not going together.

You wouldn't have any problem going alone within the validity of your immigrant VISA.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My card has been stuck at “Card is being Produced” since Friday Dec 2.  So five days so far. For most people it seems to switch to “Card was Produced” after a few days.  How long until card is mailed to me? My POE was a little over 3 weeks ago.  I chatted with Emma who was no help.   Just trying to manage my expectations.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Bog-can said:

My card has been stuck at “Card is being Produced” since Friday Dec 2.  So five days so far. For most people it seems to switch to “Card was Produced” after a few days.  How long until card is mailed to me? My POE was a little over 3 weeks ago.  I chatted with Emma who was no help.   Just trying to manage my expectations.  

I had my status stuck at Being produced for 5 months. Glitches occur. Dont sweat this one yet 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lil bear said:

I had my status stuck at Being produced for 5 months. Glitches occur. Dont sweat this one yet 

@Lil bearI’ve already been stuck myself for 6 months at one point during this  process. Naturally, I’m just hoping for no more glitches.   Did you ever find out what caused the card to be delayed for you?  I know I need to continue to be patient .  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Bog-can said:

@Lil bearI’ve already been stuck myself for 6 months at one point during this  process. Naturally, I’m just hoping for no more glitches.   Did you ever find out what caused the card to be delayed for you?  I know I need to continue to be patient .  

I was never officially told but i think that the fingerprints taken at POE were not printing well enough .. trouble is they just kept trying using the same prints .. eventually i was sent for new biometrics and voila .. produced   But honestly,  6 weeks after POE is the shortest Ive heard of.. and you have the stamped visa foil which is 100% your temporary green card .. so there is nothing about life here in the US that you cant move forward with .. its not like an RFE.. you are already here.. you are an LPR.. you have government issued documentation of your status 

3 hours ago, Lil bear said:

I was never officially told but i think that the fingerprints taken at POE were not printing well enough .. trouble is they just kept trying using the same prints .. eventually i was sent for new biometrics and voila .. produced   But honestly,  6 weeks after POE is the shortest Ive heard of.. and you have the stamped visa foil which is 100% your temporary green card .. so there is nothing about life here in the US that you cant move forward with .. its not like an RFE.. you are already here.. you are an LPR.. you have government issued documentation of your status 

Share your online status for necessary advice. 

Hi All,

I am a newcomer.

And I got a problem with my SSN.

Paid Immigrant Fee: Sep 18, 2022

POE: Atlanta on Nov 3, 2022.

GC is being produced on Dec 9, 2022 ( Just received the email notification, GC seems to be going well. )

SSN: My wife and kid received SSN on Nov 10, 2022 (7 days after arrival. Applied for SSN in DS-260 form as well as we went to the local SSA office)

The local SSA office said they had to validate all my documents with federal and related departments, the process was supposed to be up to 4 weeks.

However, I didn't receive the SSN until today.

My family spoke with the local SSA office  ( I applied for SSN ) via the phone yesterday, and the SSA officer said now I was on a Red flag for suspicion of not passing the SAVE system...

I did travel to the US back in 2019 with a non-immigration visa for a business trip.

Maybe a reason?

They ask us to wait for another day/week.

And I called my local SSA office today (as I moved to the other state for work), they say I may need to go to the local SSA office to re-apply for the SSN.

Now I am thinking maybe I should go to the local SSA office to re-apply for the SSN once I have the GC.

Any thoughts/comments are welcome.

On 12/9/2022 at 5:31 PM, Steve Zhu said:

Hi All,

I am a newcomer.

GC is being produced on Dec 9, 2022 ( Just received the email notification, GC seems to be going well. )

SSN: My wife and kid received SSN on Nov 10, 2022 (7 days after arrival. Applied for SSN in DS-260 form as well as we went to the local SSA office)

The local SSA office said they had to validate all my documents with federal and related departments, the process was supposed to be up to 4 weeks.

My family spoke with the local SSA office  ( I applied for SSN ) via the phone yesterday, and the SSA officer said now I was on a Red flag for suspicion of not passing the SAVE system...

I did travel to the US back in 2019 with a non-immigration visa for a business trip.

Maybe a reason?

And I called my local SSA office today (as I moved to the other state for work), they say I may need to go to the local SSA office to re-apply for the SSN.

Now I am thinking maybe I should go to the local SSA office to re-apply for the SSN once I have the GC.

Any news about your scn?

Unfortunately, nope, the SSN case is still pending which I just checked this morning with the SSA office via the phone.

On 12/16/2022 at 4:16 PM, EgzonHaxhiu said:

Any news about your scn?

Latest Update:

GC - Card Is being produced on Dec 9, 2022

GC - Was Mailed To Me on Dec 17, 2022

GC - Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service on Dec 19, 2022

Hope it will be delivered soon.

Then I will walk into the local SSA office again with the additional identification/document.

On 12/9/2022 at 5:31 PM, Steve Zhu said:

Hi All,

I am a newcomer.

Maybe a reason?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 11/18/2022 at 8:49 PM, Izuku Midoriya said:

Hi,

did you receive your card yet?

Fees paid : September 12th 2022

POE(Seattle): September 20th 2022

Didnt receive SSN so went in person and applied for it, received the number yesterday.

still waiting for an update on my physical green card.

Received my GC yesterday.

Please check below for the final timeline

POE: Seattle, WA on 20-September-2022

A71DA4DB-F7BA-4BEF-AF0A-0416F1637E75.jpeg

On 9/28/2022 at 3:20 PM, MarriageEquality2 said:

Hi guys!

joining the thread... 

09/09/22: Paid the green card fee

09/11/22: Entered the US through Houston

09/19/22: Social Security Card received in the mail.

One thing I've noticed when checking. my case status online is that it shows the payment date as the 10th, and it also says submitted on the 13th... Does anybody know what it means?

Hi there, did you get your card? Any idea what the submitted meant? I have the same thing it says submitted November 30 and paid November 1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.