Sarah_Marcus

receive the green card after arrival, share your OS155A status

1,152 posts in this topic

Just now, Southernboy123 said:

Yeah we’ve called them and have a Service request in, all my stuff was electronic so no packet with me. When we called the assistant said she could see no reason why it is taking so long as all was in order. So a mystery to me! 

make an info pass also to be able to go the local USCIS office and see what is the problem. Is it still stuck in Immigrant Visa Payment Received ?

2 minutes ago, MikyMike1983 said:

make an info pass also to be able to go the local USCIS office and see what is the problem. Is it still stuck in Immigrant Visa Payment Received ?

Yes still stuck at that.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 10/23/2021 at 10:10 PM, Pinkrlion said:

My congressman had to intervene for me after 6 months.  I found out they lost my kids electronic  file, so I had to make an appointment for them to recreate the file at the local USCIS office.  I should now receive the cards in 30 days.  I received one GC for oldest child on 12/19/2021

Still have not received youngest child's GC, tried to put in another request, and they replied with the same statement about the October appointment.  When I went to respond, it will not allow me to put in another service request.  It will be one year in April.  I was able to obtain their SSN last month.  

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

On 4/9/2022 at 3:33 AM, Chancy said:

Finally the end of this saga -- GC on hand at day 138! 🎉  Thankfully, my full name was printed correctly on the card.  No extra "NMN".

POE (at DFW):  11/21/2021

Fee Paid:  11/22/2021

SSN Received:  11/29/2021

GC Received:  04/08/2022

Congratulation, I have middle name (which is my Father name) But due to the limited letters available in the green card (18 latters only) so the last two letters of my father name were not shown in the card (given name in the immigration visa is completed), Pls. Advice

1 hour ago, yehia mohamed said:

Congratulation, I have middle name (which is my Father name) But due to the limited letters available in the green card (18 latters only) so the last two letters of my father name were not shown in the card (given name in the immigration visa is completed), Pls. Advice

Congratulation Yehia, I had the same issue , my middle name is my father and my grand father, and my grandfather name is too long so they only type half of it. as you mentioned the 18 letters only limit. However, you should see on the back of your card , your name must be full correct. if so , you have no issue. 

35 minutes ago, Shaksaat said:

I am still awaiting my GC (IR-5 category) since POE 60 days back. My wife got her in 40 days. What can be the reason ?

Likely just bad luck.  Wait another 30 days, and if you don't get your GC by then, file a service request with USCIS for non-delivery of card.

38 minutes ago, Shaksaat said:

Doesn't USCIS work on first come first served basis ?

Not really.  I guess you didn't hear from others who were also petitioned for immigration?  I know other VJ members from my home country who had I-130 petitions filed for them many months after ours, yet theirs were approved by USCIS earlier.  Same with GC production.  Many on this thread arrived in the US after me, yet received their GCs before I did.

On 4/10/2022 at 3:06 PM, MikyMike1983 said:

Congratulation Yehia, I had the same issue , my middle name is my father and my grand father, and my grandfather name is too long so they only type half of it. as you mentioned the 18 letters only limit. However, you should see on the back of your card , your name must be full correct. if so , you have no issue. 

Greetings , Unfortunately the name in both sides of the Green card is same (my father name is 2 word name, 2 letter missed from second word of the 2 word name) the name is completed in the passport, immigration visa sticker and driver license, do you think this will make problem for entering Canada and USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.