AA100

Apply for visit visa 3rd time

14 posts in this topic

Hi All,

My father has applied twice for a visit visa but got rejected both times on the basis of lack of ties shown with the home country. He is 71 years old and does not work and or owns a business. He is going to apply for the third time and I would really want him to get the visa this time around. He is going to show the evaluation of his property which is the only asset he owns in his home country. Please advise what we should do in order to secure a visit visa and avoid a rejection.

Thanks

It's not looking good with two prior rejections.

I don't know what the value of his home has to do with anything. The problem is no matter how strong his ties to his home country are, his tie to the USA is stronger - his son. Houses can be sold. Jobs can be quit. People abandon such things for a new life all the time. But the tie between you and your father will never be broken.

You might have to travel to visit him instead.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

What has changed since last time, how have his ties gotten stronger? Unless something has changed, applying again seems futile.

Has he travelled to other places? If he can get a visa to, say, Europe and travel there a time or two and return, that can help with getting a US tourist visa.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He needs to address the issues that led to his prior denials.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi All,

My father has applied twice for a visit visa but got rejected both times on the basis of lack of ties shown with the home country. He is 71 years old and does not work and or owns a business. He is going to apply for the third time and I would really want him to get the visa this time around. He is going to show the evaluation of his property which is the only asset he owns in his home country. Please advise what we should do in order to secure a visit visa and avoid a rejection.

Thanks

Did he not mention the property last time? Owning property is a weak tie to the home country, but the actual value of the property doesn't make it any stronger.

They want to see strong ties. At his age they don't expect him to be working or running a business but they are going to look at social ties, how long he has lived there, previous travel history and things like that. If he can't show any convincing reasons that he would return, it can be very difficult to overcome.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi All,

Thanks

After two rejections I would actually seek advice from some sort of visa office that helps people prepare packages for US visa. Every country has such businesses typically associated with travel agencies. They kinda know what the consulate in that specific country look for in touristic visa applications and could help him prepare his package, suggest gather additional documents, give advice on what kind of questions he could face, etc. I am not sure how long ago were these two prior rejections but if he was rejected twice and things have not changed significantly since then, I would suspect he would be granted visa this time either. Even if he is serviced by a very easy character officer, those two prior denials are not to his favor. Good luck!

There are nothing much package to prepare for Tourist Visa application.

Only online DS-160 form to fill out.

The CO is not required to look at your whatever additional documents you have brought during the interview.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

You did not mention what your status is. Are you a citizen, GC, H1, EAD etc? Also, last couple of times, did you send a Form I-134? If not, send that, along with your paystubs, employment letter, bank statements, invitation to letter, a letter addressed to the consulate from you mentioning how important it is for you to see your father as your work does not permit you long leaves to go visit him and you don't want to miss the time spending it with him since he is 71 years.

Edited by MadeinIndia

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Okay. By reading the history, I presume it was messed up quite a bit in the first application. What was your basis for telling your dad not to mention about you? In the first application, what did he write in the application about having relatives in the US (I know he mentioned it to the officer, but what did he write on the form?)

As other people in that post commented, you made a simple issue complicated by having your cousin send the invitation instead of you. It doesnt matter if you are 7 days old in the US or 7 years, you can always invite your family. If in the first application form he ticked "No" to any immediate relatives in the US and said he has a son verbally to the officer, it's counts as lying and would be tough to overcome. Anyway, try now with all the documents I mentioned above and don't put pressure on your father on what to say or not say, just let him be himself and also make sure the application is 100% truthful.

Filed: Timeline

your father lied on his first application, no matter how else you wish to couch what he did in different terms...when you told him to leave part of the DS 160 blank (regarding immediate relatives in the US), a form that he signed, declaring that everything on that application was true, when it wasn't, has damaged his credibility.

Now you want to go a step further (it sounds like) by giving him some lofty title at some relative's business......like what? Vice President? International Manager? Whatever you try, the main problem is what happened earlier....presenting an application that was incorrect, upon which a salient fact had been left off....and ....wham....end of credibility. As you have discovered, trying to be clever backfired, and will likely continue to haunt him, as most COs are slow to forgive (and for good reason).

Paying money to some thinly disguised 'visa fixers' will backfire even more....so far, he has told too many stories....and now, hoping that some silly piece of paper that proclaims his property, whatever it is, is worth a small fortune, won't help one single iota.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think the best bet is to apply again and be truthful on the form and hopefully, a CO allows the past to be forgiven.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

Being denied two times is a ground for denial the third time as well. He still does not have any ties for going back home and that is a red flag as well as his age which might turn out to be an issue. It is a fact that most people from the Middle East at this age end up coming to the US for free medical reasons, even if you or your cousin claim to take full responsibilities. And another question, why did you not let your father say you are a resident here? Why are you not the one who invited him to come instead of your cousin? You have an issues with the immigration?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

CO's are not idiots.They are there to sniff out lies.You should wait for a while and work on his ties to his country and then apply.There is very little hope that he will ever get visa,considering the problems earlier but its never bad to try but this time with 100% truth and genuine effort to prove ties to the home country.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.