ChelAnnan31

K1 Denied , please suggest the best way to proceed..

77 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I agree to try to get another interview, but if that doesn't work it seems as though marriage would be the next logical thing to do. It just doesn't make sense about being denied for no children. Most intelligent couples who are planning to marry wait until AFTER the marriage to start a family. And in Ghana isn't it a big no-no to have pre-martial sex? It seems as though I log in every day and see yet another denial from Ghana. You would think being together for 4 years with plenty of ongoing relationship evidence they would understand it isn't for a green card. Unfortunately everyone going through Ghana is paying for all of the people who have gone before who committed fraud in order to obtain visas. I'm sorry :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Everything was going well according to my fiancé but at the end of questioning she proceeded to say, 4 years in a relationship, no marriage and no children, I'm sorry Mr.Annan but I feel your in this relationship just to obtain a visa.

That's ridiculous! I've heard of cases when visa was denied based on too short relationships when CO had doubts it's established and serious enough, but too long relationship??? I don't think 4 years is something way too long. My interview was not even full 15 months after we considered ourselves as a couple and I was concerned a little about CO thinking it's too fast move because some people think it's too fast to marry someone so soon especially with relocation to another country. Mentioning that you don't have kids is simply rude and insensitive. What if you're childfree like me and Amy and don't plan any kids at all? What if you have health problems and can't have kids even if you want? What if your religious or moral reasons don't let you have kids before marriage? Simply rude. Idk what to say, it's just weird. Standart advise on this forum in such situation would be to get married, file for spousal visa and wait about a year for another interview, it may work better considering the reason you got denied.

- Victor from Russia

Our timlines K1 visa - Citizenship (06.28.2011 - 08.01.2016)

K1 Visa Timeline (06.28.2011 - 04.07.2012)

• 06-28-2011: I-129F sent to Dallas
  • 07-05-2011: NOA1 (CSC)
  • 01-05-2012: NOA2 (184 days since NOA1)
  • 01-13-2012: NVC passed
  • 01-19-2012: Embassy received our case
  • 02-14-2012: Interview PASSED! :D K-1 Visa Approved! :D
  • 03-08-2012: POE
  • 04-07-2012: Wedding!

AOS/EAD Timeline (04.26.2012 - 12.13.2012)

• 04-26-2012: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago Lockbox
  • 05-02-2012: NOA1 (both I-485 and I-765)
  • 05-23-2012: Biometrics taken
  • 07-02-2012: Employment Authorization Issued (07-09-2012 - received in the mail)
  • 12-03-2012: Made Service Request for I-485, because case is beyond processing time
  • 12-07-2012: I-485 APPROVED! 219 days since NOA1. No interview/RFE
  • 12-13-2012: GreenCard in the mailbox, done with AOS!

Lifting of conditions Timeline (09.04.2014 - 01.14.2015)

• 09-04-2014: I-751 sent to CSC
  • 09-08-2014: NOA1
  • 11-10-2014: Biometrics taken
  • 01-07-2015: Approved! Only 122 days since NOA1. No interview/RFE
  • 01-14-2015: GreenCard in the mailbox

Citizenship Timeline (09.03.2015 - 01.08.2016)

- 09-03-2015: N-400 sent to Phoenix

- 09-10-2015: NOA1

- 10-08-2015: Biometrics taken

- 10-28-2015: Case is in line for an interview

- 11-02-2015: Letter with Naturalization Interview Appointment

- 12-07-2015: Interview passed

- 01-08-2016: Naturalization Oath Ceremony, I'm a US citizen now!

tTM3p3.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

So sorry to hear about yet another denial from Ghana.

A long relationship is too long for them, a short one too short, kids either don't matter or they do.....

I would file a formal complaint to the places mentioned here in this long thread >>>> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/553978-urgent-was-was-denied-visa-in-ghana-today/page-8

The more people complain the better. If anyone has a good reason they were denied for then don't bother but for those who had a biased
speculative interview with mere assumptions need to tell their representatives to refer to the memo that CO's are not to re adjudicate

petitions based on such nonsense but need to provide factual evidence of why a visa should not be approved.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

What the officer was referring is not because they are engaged and do not have kids, but because they are dating 4 years and didn't get married and had kids.They apply different standards regarding different cultures, why? for example, it's very common in India arranged marriages, not in North America or Europe, then if a couple says in the US Consulate in India we had an arranged marriage, the Consulate is ok with the arranged marriage. In many Muslim Countries there is no "dating" and if they say we met each other a few days/weeks ago and decided to get married the US Consulate won't see any problem with this either. In Ghana is not common a couple dating 3/4/5 years, like is common in the USA and many other Countries.

We have no idea what was said in the interview, maybe they discussed kids then and the answers were strange. Depends on people's ages too. Length and progression of relationship could have been discussed too. Don't jump to conclusions.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

We have no idea what was said in the interview, maybe they discussed kids then and the answers were strange. Depends on people's ages too. Length and progression of relationship could have been discussed too. Don't jump to conclusions.

Exactly

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

I totally agree with you..I believe in most cases, the CO doesn't usually tell you the actual reason for the refusal. The vague reason they give you may not be the only reason for the refusal and without the full details.. it's difficult to make conclusions. Else it will be entirely strange to refuse someone based on length of relationship.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

I totally agree with you..I believe in most cases, the CO doesn't usually tell you the actual reason for the refusal. The vague reason they give you may not be the only reason for the refusal and without the full details.. it's difficult to make conclusions. Else it will be entirely strange to refuse someone based on length of relationship.

That is because Ghana is in fact entirely strange.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

That is because Ghana is in fact entirely strange.

We can all agree on that.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Well for 1, my fiancé isn't Muslim. So it's completely normal for him to date. 2 she asked my fiancé about people she seen us talk about in our messages which was my Co-worker and my boss, because I'm extremely close with them. My fiancé answered correctly. 3 she asked about me being married before, he answered yes. She never said anything else about that. And she asked about my children from my previous marriage. She asked about our pictures and said how nice they were. She asked who put them together and the rest of the evidence and my fiancé answered. She asked who some of the people were in our pictures and he answered which was our friends. So now you tell me what other grounds did she have to deny us. Our age difference did not play a part nor did she even ask about age. She said verbatim" hmmmm 4 years in a relationship, no marriage and no children, I'm sorry Mr.Annan I cannot grant you this visa. I hate when people try to make something it's not. If there was something there other than what she said, how come she complimented all of the evidence and how nice everything was....

Timeline

You attended? I thought you were not allowed.

Timeline

Sometimes evidence can be too nice.

That is so deep. :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well for 1, my fiancé isn't Muslim. So it's completely normal for him to date. 2 she asked my fiancé about people she seen us talk about in our messages which was my Co-worker and my boss, because I'm extremely close with them. My fiancé answered correctly. 3 she asked about me being married before, he answered yes. She never said anything else about that. And she asked about my children from my previous marriage. She asked about our pictures and said how nice they were. She asked who put them together and the rest of the evidence and my fiancé answered. She asked who some of the people were in our pictures and he answered which was our friends. So now you tell me what other grounds did she have to deny us. Our age difference did not play a part nor did she even ask about age. She said verbatim" hmmmm 4 years in a relationship, no marriage and no children, I'm sorry Mr.Annan I cannot grant you this visa. I hate when people try to make something it's not. If there was something there other than what she said, how come she complimented all of the evidence and how nice everything was....

Is there a large age difference? Does he have any children? Are you still within child bearig age? THese are possible issues.

But all in all Ghana is very very difficult. Do your best to get another interview while you're there. Otherwise, may have to marry and file CR1.

Wish you the best. I know just how you feel.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.