ChelAnnan31

K1 Denied , please suggest the best way to proceed..

77 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Well for 1, my fiancé isn't Muslim. So it's completely normal for him to date. 2 she asked my fiancé about people she seen us talk about in our messages which was my Co-worker and my boss, because I'm extremely close with them. My fiancé answered correctly. 3 she asked about me being married before, he answered yes. She never said anything else about that. And she asked about my children from my previous marriage. She asked about our pictures and said how nice they were. She asked who put them together and the rest of the evidence and my fiancé answered. She asked who some of the people were in our pictures and he answered which was our friends. So now you tell me what other grounds did she have to deny us. Our age difference did not play a part nor did she even ask about age. She said verbatim" hmmmm 4 years in a relationship, no marriage and no children, I'm sorry Mr.Annan I cannot grant you this visa. I hate when people try to make something it's not. If there was something there other than what she said, how come she complimented all of the evidence and how nice everything was....[/quote

The sad part is that in any other embassy this would be completely normal only Ghana would perceive this as visa fraud. It just doesn't make sense our interview is this Wednesday and I am praying because this embassy is something

Timeline

Oh and let me add, she did that because she had the authority too. Not the infamous KM, but another middle aged black lady. Thank you!!

When my now husband went last year for his K-1 interview he had the same lady...very difficult. I was there and was drilled more than he was. We were denied...grounds.....she had her doubts. She was very rude to us and I was actually floored at how people there were treated. Anyway...we got married a week later.

I wish you the best and I do know how you feel.

s-event.png

s-event.png

s-event.png

Marriage: June 15, 2015

File I-130: June 29, 2015

USCIS PD: June 30, 2015

NOA 1: July 2, 2015 (Nebraska)

NOA 2: December 10, 2015 (161 days)

NOA 2- Hard copy: December 16, 2015

Case Sent to NVC: December 17, 2015

NVC:

Case received: December 21, 2015

Case and IIN#: January 5, 2016

Choice of Agent -DS-261: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Invoiced: January 6, 2016

AOS Fee Paid: January 6, 2016

IV Fee Invoiced: January 7, 2016

IV Fee Paid: January 19, 2016

DS-260 Completed: January 19, 2016

Sent AOS & IV Packets: January 28, 2016

Scan Date: January 29, 2016

Case Complete: March 2, 2016

Interview Scheduled & Letter Received: May 25, 2016

Interview Date: July 18, 2016

Visa In Hand:

POE:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well for 1, my fiancé isn't Muslim. So it's completely normal for him to date. 2 she asked my fiancé about people she seen us talk about in our messages which was my Co-worker and my boss, because I'm extremely close with them. My fiancé answered correctly. 3 she asked about me being married before, he answered yes. She never said anything else about that. And she asked about my children from my previous marriage. She asked about our pictures and said how nice they were. She asked who put them together and the rest of the evidence and my fiancé answered. She asked who some of the people were in our pictures and he answered which was our friends. So now you tell me what other grounds did she have to deny us. Our age difference did not play a part nor did she even ask about age. She said verbatim" hmmmm 4 years in a relationship, no marriage and no children, I'm sorry Mr.Annan I cannot grant you this visa. I hate when people try to make something it's not. If there was something there other than what she said, how come she complimented all of the evidence and how nice everything was....

Ms ChelAnnan31, sorry for your fiancee's visa denial. However, for members to give well informed pieces of advice, it is important to let us know whether you were personally at the interview proper. Did you personally hear the CO's questions and your fiancee's answers? Or, this is all your fiancee told you transpired between him and the CO?

Timeline

No, I didn't attend the interview. But how much of a dummy do you all think my fiancé is? He came out 2 seconds after it was over. But the interview was Wednesday, after being asked was I there and why wasnt I in the building with him he was asked to come back the next day and that I was able to attend. Unfortunately I stood in the line and because my name wasn't on the paper I could not attend..

Rather I attended or not, she knew I was there...as I stated before she just did that because she could. I'm frustrated, so sorry..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

OK just the way you wrote the thread sounded like you were there.

Difficult to comment without knowing the totality, usual comment is to marry and go CR1.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Don't know what people try to insinuate by posting "hmmm interesting". It was very clear in your initial post that you were there but not present in the interview. Obviously he narrated to you what happened. Have you contacted your senator yet to ask for a second interview ?

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

No, I didn't attend the interview. But how much of a dummy do you all think my fiancé is? He came out 2 seconds after it was over. But the interview was Wednesday, after being asked was I there and why wasnt I in the building with him he was asked to come back the next day and that I was able to attend. Unfortunately I stood in the line and because my name wasn't on the paper I could not attend..

Rather I attended or not, she knew I was there...as I stated before she just did that because she could. I'm frustrated, so sorry..

No need to be so hostile people are trying to understand and help you. ??

Relationship Milestones?

01/15/2015~~~~1st met in DR

04/10/2015~~~~Our Romance Began?

10/21/2015~~~~Engagement ??❤️

02/11/2016~~~~Second trip to DR 19 wonderful days❤️

04/10/2016~~~~1 Year Anniversary ???

Visa Journey?

03/03/2016~~~~129-F Sent (overnight) Lewisville, TX ?

03/08/2016~~~~NOA-1 Received and sent to Cali Svc Ctr?

03/09/2016~~~~NOA-1 Hardcopy?

event.png

Coming Soon⌛️

NOA-2 Decision

Trip to Santo Domingo, DR 05/03/2016 - 05/10/2016✈️?????

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

OP is not hostile whatsoever !

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Thank Ebunoluwa, I thought I made myself clear in the beginning but to those of you who didn't read sorry..

AnaKarina this is far from hostile sweetie... I think your consulate was Dominican Republic, so u wouldn't understand the frustration and the corrupt these people here do.

Timeline

Is there a large age difference? Does he have any children? Are you still within child bearig age? THese are possible issues.

But all in all Ghana is very very difficult. Do your best to get another interview while you're there. Otherwise, may have to marry and file CR1.

Wish you the best. I know just how you feel.

I'm not even middle aged, just 31. And no large age difference. And he has no kids but we were planning to have a baby as soon as he was able to come. I just don't want to have a child and him not know his father. I've seen this before and very sad when a fathercan't be with the child he helped create.

Timeline

When my now husband went last year for his K-1 interview he had the same lady...very difficult. I was there and was drilled more than he was. We were denied...grounds.....she had her doubts. She was very rude to us and I was actually floored at how people there were treated. Anyway...we got married a week later.

I wish you the best and I do know how you feel.

Thank you Love :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm not even middle aged, just 31. And no large age difference. And he has no kids but we were planning to have a baby as soon as he was able to come. I just don't want to have a child and him not know his father. I've seen this before and very sad when a fathercan't be with the child he helped create.

Totally responsible and understandable! So sorry you are going through this!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.