rosie's baby

I am suffering from shock. Please help me

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have a conditional green card which I have only had for a couple of months. I have only been married eight months and my husband has left me for someone else. He is so full of hatred for me he won't even meet with me to discuss it. He wont talk to me at all and just shouted abuse when he came to collect the rest of his stuff. I don't know why he is so full of hate towards me, unless its a guilty conscience. We had not had a fight, although he has always had anger issues which became much worse after we married. He would fly off the handle for no reason, and throw things around the apartment and shout me down anything I tried to say. He just disappeared, didn't come home, and after a couple of weeks of me trying to call and text him, his friends and his mother, a friend of his sent me a photo of him and another woman.. I don't know how long he had been seeing her, or even if it was before we married. I have learned I can file for a waiver once divorced from reading this forum over the last few nights, but I have had to empty the joint bank account of money as it was my wages, he wasn't working and he was spending it in increments every couple of days. So how am I going to be able to show evidence? Will I need a lawyer because of the short marriage and lack of evidence?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The marriage has been a short amount of time so your evidence of comingling will be less than typical. Gather what you can.

Contact a family law attorney regarding the divorce.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

You don't have enough evidence plus your marriage was short. It's hard to prove to the USCIS that you were in a real marriage, even if you were really are. Try to gather as much evidence as you can plus affidavits from people who knew you. Like his friend who sent you his the photo you talked about.

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have had a joint bank account up until this week, now it's dormant. Savings accunt which is now empty, Health insurance, renters insurance, electric, AAA membership, receipts for dress, flowers, ring etc from marriage.

4/8 of those may be helpful.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Hmmm

Sounds like there is a lot more to this than you have shared.

Not the first time on VJ. Some very pertinent facts are often left out!

----

Document all. Save that picture, all other correspondence. If you're in a one-party consent state begin recording all conversations with him.

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You better spill out the rest of the story cos this story has been overused on this thread...

No one can offer you much help when you are holding a torch to just one end of the story.

Pay a lawyer to to offer you some help.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hmmm

Sounds like there is a lot more to this than you have shared.

Ya it feels that there is 2 sides to this story which makes both sides look bad

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.