Alex Ve

Maintain LPR status through LLC Company

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Alex, I think you should just stay in Greece. From the start, you've searched for ways to somehow live in Greece but maintain the privileges of US residency. It's pretty obvious that Greece is where your heart is.

Good luck. I hope the girl is worth it!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

Alex, I think you should just stay in Greece. From the start, you've searched for ways to somehow live in Greece but maintain the privileges of US residency. It's pretty obvious that Greece is where your heart is.

Good luck. I hope the girl is worth it!

Yep I guess so. :wacko:

Never in my wildest dreams I would have imagined that my heart would be in a debt crisis country full of problems instead of being happy to migrate to one of the wealthiest countries.

I guess migration is not for everyone...Well maybe if I didn't have a home, a steady job or a relationship, maybe I would feel different and be more eager to leave...

I got one last question. What happens to my business in the US if I lose my LPR status after my long absence abroad?

Edited by Alex Ve

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Horribly wrong is not a starting point. The advice should not have been given at all if you have done zero to research it. Immigration to the US is not instinctive.

Aaron, did you not see an apology about not wanting to mislead...? It is not an advice, but something I have heard before. A person can further research and decide whether its worth the risk or not... since you already have nothing to lose if already decided on a certain path. Again, its not for you or me to decide, but the person to research, think about it, commit to the risks/decision.

If one is 110% go by the book, then dont speed above 55mph in a 55mph zone, because the cops have the right to issue you a ticket as well... but you see people going to 69mph.

Again, my caveat, I strongly advise the OP to run by any ideas the OP hear, by this forum, by internet , by word of mouth with a professional like an attorney who can advise the OP about the associated risks and then make an informed decision on the next course of action.

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yep I guess so. :wacko:

Never in my wildest dreams I would have imagined that my heart would be in a debt crisis country full of problems instead of being happy to migrate to one of the wealthiest countries.

I guess migration is not for everyone...Well maybe if I didn't have a home, a steady job or a relationship, maybe I would feel different and be more eager to leave...

I got one last question. What happens to my business in the US if I lose my LPR status after my long absence abroad?

I think business is independent of your LPR. You just cannot be here to run it physically unless your business can sponsor you a visa IMHO. You can still hire MBA pros or CPAs etc to help you out.

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Timeline

Aaron, did you not see an apology about not wanting to mislead...? It is not an advice, but something I have heard before. A person can further research and decide whether its worth the risk or not... since you already have nothing to lose if already decided on a certain path. Again, its not for you or me to decide, but the person to research, think about it, commit to the risks/decision.

If one is 110% go by the book, then dont speed above 55mph in a 55mph zone, because the cops have the right to issue you a ticket as well... but you see people going to 69mph.

Again, my caveat, I strongly advise the OP to run by any ideas the OP hear, by this forum, by internet , by word of mouth with a professional like an attorney who can advise the OP about the associated risks and then make an informed decision on the next course of action.

Yes you 're absolutely right. :thumbs:

That's how it is.

I think business is independent of your LPR. You just cannot be here to run it physically unless your business can sponsor you a visa IMHO. You can still hire MBA pros or CPAs etc to help you out.

Yeah, I cannot be there to run it and I don't have to actually cause I work from the computer. My associate will contact our clients in the US and I will be assisting him remotely. And I suppose I can fill my taxes through internet even if living abroad right? No need to be physically in the US.

Thank you for your advice. :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Alex, as a layman, I just offer what I know... you can take it as a starting point, find out more. If people here who are seniors say its not true, please go with the majority.... I dont intend to mislead.. my apologies.

ya, there's research one can do with 9FAM and the CFRs but

we're mostly a peer-reviewed site, so if someone mentions something is wrong, don't take it the wrong way. I've had my turn, as a noob, in getting smacked down on some processes and procedures, even my advice 'sounded' plausible.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I do not understand why you would want a US LLC.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I do not understand why you would want a US LLC.

I want to maintain strong ties to the US so that I don't lose my LPR status while living abroad permanently.

Edited by Alex Ve

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Then live and work in the US problem solved.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I want to maintain strong ties to the US so that I don't lose my LPR status while living abroad permanently.

You can't "live abroad permanently" and be an LPR. By definition, living aboard permanently means you will be deemed to have abandoned your green card.

USCIS are explicit about this:

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/maintaining-permanent-residence

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

you can't do both, so you have to chose one, live and work in Greece, or live and work in the US

didn't you say you would have a partner in the US? he or she could maintain it

but why open a corporation anyway in the US? if you aren't going to live here, why not open it in Greece or any other country that you can travel to?

you don't have to open a corporation at all here and pay taxes here

Edited by aleful

OK I get it. But what happens to my business in the US after I lose my LPR status? Does it get suspended or closed?

This has been answered a number of times already. Let me rephrase the answers: The only link between the business and your LPR status is in your mind. Other people can work for/manage the business.

Also: The business will need to be registered etc. As long as you keep your green card without formally relinquishing it you need to file taxes with the IRS on your income from the business even if you live abroad, as well as your income in Greece. The business is not a natural person so will be paying tax too of course, Of course as you are resident in Greece, I believe Greek law requires you to pay taxes in Greece too. Any double tax treaty should mean you don't pay personal tax twice, but that won't cover the business paying company tax. Please note this is my common sense interpretation and you are advised to get proper tax and legal opinion.

Timeline

This has been answered a number of times already. Let me rephrase the answers: The only link between the business and your LPR status is in your mind. Other people can work for/manage the business.

Also: The business will need to be registered etc. As long as you keep your green card without formally relinquishing it you need to file taxes with the IRS on your income from the business even if you live abroad, as well as your income in Greece. The business is not a natural person so will be paying tax too of course, Of course as you are resident in Greece, I believe Greek law requires you to pay taxes in Greece too. Any double tax treaty should mean you don't pay personal tax twice, but that won't cover the business paying company tax. Please note this is my common sense interpretation and you are advised to get proper tax and legal opinion.

Yes of course. No worries.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.