dwheels76

February 2016 Interviews

847 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I emailed her this morning to confirm, but I think it went out this week. I sent her the DS-260 and I-864 forms just before the holidays.

We paid the AOS and IV bills around the same time back in November so I just went to my timeline to add those dates in. I'll add the submission date as soon as she responds to us.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Just finished putting everything together for my interview tomorrow morning. :joy:

The thing is that as ready as I thought I was, I'm finding myself so nervous now, just for the simple fact that this is such an important point in time with regards to me and my wife's life plans. I really do think that I shouldn't be worrying this much, but just the fact that this interview is so important, and for the fact that I naturally get anxious in interviews, I can't help but get nervous about it. I'm just praying that everything goes smoothly tomorrow.

**fingers crossed**

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Just finished putting everything together for my interview tomorrow morning. :joy:

The thing is that as ready as I thought I was, I'm finding myself so nervous now, just for the simple fact that this is such an important point in time with regards to me and my wife's life plans. I really do think that I shouldn't be worrying this much, but just the fact that this interview is so important, and for the fact that I naturally get anxious in interviews, I can't help but get nervous about it. I'm just praying that everything goes smoothly tomorrow.

**fingers crossed**

If it's of any help for you, I thought that the interview was the absolut easiest step in this whole process. I'm like you, I get really nervous in interviews but I was confident and honest about everything and it went really smoothly! So don't worry, everything will be okay and you should have your approval tomorrow :)

Best of luck and keep us updated!

P.S: i'm flying to the US tomorrow evening (Romania time)! Yaaay!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

If it's of any help for you, I thought that the interview was the absolut easiest step in this whole process. I'm like you, I get really nervous in interviews but I was confident and honest about everything and it went really smoothly! So don't worry, everything will be okay and you should have your approval tomorrow :)

Thanks for your re-assuring words lonelaC, I know I'm just panicking a bit, but I had to let it out somewhere, and where better than with all you guys who know exactly what we're going through. Sorry for the panic attack, and thank you all for your continuous support.

P.S.: So excited for you lonelaC, good luck with your entry into the U.S. and I hope that all is smooth sailing for you from here on out. :)

P.P.S.: Will let you all know how things go tomorrow.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

**fingers crossed**

You will be fine. You will come back tomorrow and tell us how easy ot was. Just be cool. Eat a snack breakfast and just be cool. Tell them dhweels76 said hove you your dang Visa now. :goofy:

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

**fingers crossed**

Sending positive vibes LJSant, I'm sure you'll do great tomorrow!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Have a safe flight!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Guys A Quick Question :

Anyone here know how long the embassy generally takes to review the additional document requested at the interview. CO asked for an additional birth certification doc and asked to submit passport along with it which i complied with and submitted the next day at Visa Application Centre.

So should i be worried ? ?

Man, this is such a bad news. :crying:

My case which was approved for expedite request was sent by NVC to Singapore Embassy (it arrived this morning according to DHL) but they found out that my wife no longer resides in Singapore and asked us to transfer our case to US Embassy Rangoon.

"Dear Sir,

It has come to our attention that the applicant no longer resides in Singapore. As we are only able to process applications from immigrant visa applicants who have been granted residential status by the Singapore government, please contact the U.S. Embassy in Rangoon via email: ConsularRangoon@state.gov to transfer the application to that office for processing.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Singapore

6476-9100

singaporecon@state.gov"

When we applied I-130 application in Feb last year, my wife was working in Singapore with work visa. By late July, she quitted her job and went back to Rangoon in August under advice of our attorney at that time. Our lawyer said that she would not have to worry where she lived because the interview would happen in Singapore because it is where our wedding took place. Does Singapore Embassy have final say about where the interview must take place or is it their mistake to have the case transfer?

Timeline

Man, this is such a bad news. :crying:

My case which was approved for expedite request was sent by NVC to Singapore Embassy (it arrived this morning according to DHL) but they found out that my wife no longer resides in Singapore and asked us to transfer our case to US Embassy Rangoon.

"Dear Sir,

It has come to our attention that the applicant no longer resides in Singapore. As we are only able to process applications from immigrant visa applicants who have been granted residential status by the Singapore government, please contact the U.S. Embassy in Rangoon via email: ConsularRangoon@state.gov to transfer the application to that office for processing.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Singapore

6476-9100

singaporecon@state.gov"

When we applied I-130 application in Feb last year, my wife was working in Singapore with work visa. By late July, she quitted her job and went back to Rangoon in August under advice of our attorney at that time. Our lawyer said that she would not have to worry where she lived because the interview would happen in Singapore because it is where our wedding took place. Does Singapore Embassy have final say about where the interview must take place or is it their mistake to have the case transfer?

Hey Mike! I'm sorry to hear that! Unfortunately, the embassy has the final say. From my point of view, you can fire your lawyer!

My husband and I got married in Aberdeen, Scotland. We were there working and decided to have the civil ceremony there since it was easier but my interview took place in Bucharest, Romania cause i'm a romanian citizen and wasn't a resident in Scotland anymore.

I'm afraid you guys will have to contact the other embassy and make sure they know you were granted an expedite request.

Again, i'm sorry for what happened to you guys but it's your lawyers fault (if you really wanna blame it on someone).

Good luck though! Hope the new embassy will schedule your wife for an interview asap

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

**fingers crossed**

We are in the same boat bro.... my interview is tomorrow morning and counting hours...... good luck for both of us.... don't worry u are not alone..... We will meet with approval message tomorrow. ... In sha allah.....

Hey Mike! I'm sorry to hear that! Unfortunately, the embassy has the final say. From my point of view, you can fire your lawyer!

My husband and I got married in Aberdeen, Scotland. We were there working and decided to have the civil ceremony there since it was easier but my interview took place in Bucharest, Romania cause i'm a romanian citizen and wasn't a resident in Scotland anymore.

I'm afraid you guys will have to contact the other embassy and make sure they know you were granted an expedite request.

Again, i'm sorry for what happened to you guys but it's your lawyers fault (if you really wanna blame it on someone).

Good luck though! Hope the new embassy will schedule your wife for an interview asap

Thanks for your kind words, IonelaC!

Yes, I should fire my lawyer if I have to make more payments but since she collected all her fees when the case was approved, I am going to continue asking her to do more work. Well, I thought the nightmare of waiting was over, but here comes the unknown territory. :(

Timeline

Thanks for your kind words, IonelaC!

Yes, I should fire my lawyer if I have to make more payments but since she collected all her fees when the case was approved, I am going to continue asking her to do more work. Well, I thought the nightmare of waiting was over, but here comes the unknown territory. :(

Hey, stay positive! It's all going to be fine! It's just a small step back but you guys will be over soon!

Just contact the new embassy and try to get them to schedule your wife for an early interview date.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Hi. My interview is on January 20. I got worried coz I saw someone posted about the petitioner's court records. My understanding is that if you're on a spouse visa, you really don't need to bring the petitioner's court records to the interview. The I-130 didn't ask for any criminal history. The important thing is I know about my husband's criminal history.

My question is, do you know someone who got denied because he/she (beneficiary) didn't bring the petitioner's court record to the interview?

Edited by Kiassa

USCIS

July 28, 2015: File I-130
July 30, 2015: NOA 1

August 31, 2015: NOA 2

NVC

September 18, 2015: Case was received by NVC

September 29, 2015: Case number and invoice ID number assigned

October 5, 2015: Filled out DS-261

: Paid AOS bill

October 28, 2015: Received and paid IV bill

November 2, 2015: sent AOS and IV packets

November 3, 2015: completed DS-260

: Scan date

December 8, 2015: Case complete

December 28, 2015: Medical

January 20, 2016: Interview

: received 221g

January 26, 2016: US embassy received documents

February 3, 2016: Status changed to "issued"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.