wong_watkins

Spouse's anger problem

101 posts in this topic

I agree with much of what has been said....but without sounding like a complete idiot, may I also suggest finding your cat new home? I know that may be hard for you both to consider but often ppl with anger issues will take it out on the weakest.

Do look out for yourself....best of luck (F)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
threatening a cat with a HAMMER? :crying:

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

wow

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Thank you for your posts and support. I really appreciate it.

I talked to him last night, but he doesn't seem to realise that his anger problem could lead to serious consequences. He said he would try to control himself, and he still tends to believe that I should try to understand him, instead of making him change.(yeah, I know...it's a sign)

Actually he will have to be on probation soon, since he got in trouble for beating his brother last time. And the prosecutor wants to put him on anger management also. So I really hope that would help. We will also find out about the insurance, and if it covers the medical bills, then I really don't think hubby will have a problem having to be on medication. I strongly think that he needs medication, because even though he said he can try to control his temper, I really don't think he can.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Thank you for your posts and support. I really appreciate it.

I talked to him last night, but he doesn't seem to realise that his anger problem could lead to serious consequences. He said he would try to control himself, and he still tends to believe that I should try to understand him, instead of making him change.(yeah, I know...it's a sign)

Actually he will have to be on probation soon, since he got in trouble for beating his brother last time. And the prosecutor wants to put him on anger management also. So I really hope that would help. We will also find out about the insurance, and if it covers the medical bills, then I really don't think hubby will have a problem having to be on medication. I strongly think that he needs medication, because even though he said he can try to control his temper, I really don't think he can.

all of it still sounds like a very volatile situation for you and the cats. be careful.

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have no wisdom, but be careful. If he will 'touch" his brother, who knows what he is capable of. You have a big support group here on VJ. take care

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

He needs professional help. Be careful and watch after yourself (talk to a friend in person about these things so they're watching out for you too) and please find your cat a new home.

You may also want to think of a backup plan if his anger turns to you.

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: Timeline

I think court ordered therapy will help loads. But I agree with WC and mags...get the cat a new home!

and seriously make sure you protect yourself...even if that means moving in with in laws or something until he shows signs of progress.

I dunno how that complicates whatever petition you have (I didn't look), but at the end of the day, if we're sat here worrying about him hurting a cat, who's gonna worry about him hurting you???

Edited by LisaD

Filed: Other Timeline

Well, I agree with all the suggestions about taking care of yourself and the cat, etc.

But my best advise to you would be to get the hell out and get out now. Probation? What's the matter with this dude?

My ex caused a scene in a shop once and the owner called the law. He was lucky all he got was a ticket. But I was a duma$$ and stuck around a few more years. I mean, why not? It wasn't like it was new behavior to me. After all, I'd forgiven him for a 75 mph crooked-country-road chase of a driver who had cut him off - with me in the car at the time, 8 months pregnant.

Among other things.

Guys like this don't change. I don't care what anybody says. It just gets worse.

Get out.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

OMG... It is so sad... So many sad stories in this thread...

Wong Watkins, if the judge ordered your husband to take anger management classes, he will have to do that, and of course, it's great, but unfortunately, some people become better batterers after completing a program like that :( If he beat his brother so bad and threatened a cat, there is no guarantee he won't do the same thing to you. You are saying he never hurt you, and this is good, but it doesn't mean he won't in the future.... :(

All I can offer you is my support. I can't give you any advice - I know that a lot of people choose to stay in violent relationships till they can't take it any longer. I know that even if you are married to a violent person, it doesn't mean you don't love him.

Please, be careful... (((HUGS))) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F)

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

The part about him beating the ####### out of his brother, ...to the point of stitches and a fractured jaw, ....and then also chasing the cat around , with, of all things , a hammer (yikes!)....

That's some very unusual and scary behavior for a "stable" adult.

No one here could ever tell you what to do. You know your own life and situation better than all of us.

..................still...........................

Below, you once gave some pretty good advice to a person, in another thread, not too long ago, whose spouse had cheated on him. And although his situation is different than yours, your advice to him could also be considered in your own situation. Below is what you yourself wrote.....

Trust me, after she's done it once, she will ALWAYS. ALWAYS do it again.

I hate to tell you this, but I would personally just stop talking to her and end the relationship. It's not worth it.

Change the "she" part to a "he"..........and you would almost think you were talking about your own situation and giving YOURSELF some advice.

I wish you well. I've seen several of your posts this year...... and this is not the first time I have seen you seem confused and frustrated with your situation and life here.

I hope, one way or another.....you can make the best decision for yourself, because only you can do that.....not anyone else.

Good luck.

April 16, 2004 Married in Saint Augustine, Florida.

March 7, 2005 Wife left for Istanbul to serve J-1 2 year HRR. Was a very bad day at Black Rock.

May 23, 2006 USCIS receives application for I-130

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Sept 7, 2006 Noa2 I-130 approved

Oct 10 ,2006 Received fee bill from NVC

Nov 13 ,2006 Received Packet 2 DS-230

Jan 4, 2007 Mailed Packet 2 to NVC

Jan 22, 2007 RFE from NVC aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2007 NVC received "checklist" response and original documents for the RFE

March 13, 2007 Case completed at NVC! Whoooohoooo!! Ankara, here we come!!!!

March 15, 2007 Case fowarded to Ankara Embassy

April 4, 2007 Interview. Wife gets handed the little green paper. Not good. Need to submit a few more things.

April 9, 2007 Items mailed back to Embassy. Crossing fingers, rubbing the "rabbit's foot", etc,..that this may FINALLY be the end.

April 14, 2007 Visa delivered! Wife is finally going to be on her way back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 20, 2007 Wife enters through JFK. The days of grabbing my dinners at the WalMart deli....are now officially over!!!

Stay tuned to this channel for further updates..........

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Guys like this don't change. I don't care what anybody says. It just gets worse.

True. Anger issues won't get better without help, and he has to want the help.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

LISTEN TO KEZ AND REBECCA. THEIRS ARE VERY WISE WORDS.

Edited by TracyLuis

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree with a lot on this tread. If I was the brother that he attack, First off he would be arrested, which I assumed he was. Second he would be owing me a ton of money from a law suit I would file vs him.

Third.. and it would be the hardest, I would never speak to him or visit him and when he dies, I would not even go pay my respect. he lost a brother. I would not attend any family functions if he was present and if I was their first and he showed up, I will be leaving.

He said he will not hurt you, Yes, of course he will say that, cause that is what he wants to hear. If someone gets very angry and goes bonkers, They cant think right and will do anything.. You deserve better. Give him one firm warning, if he directs any anger towards you that it is over. Move out and file next day for divorce.

Take care

Yogi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I would suggest giving him an ultimatum. But, even suggesting that to him will probably let him turn into a murderous person. I would be scared too. (Note: If I was a female that is. Note2: I am straight)

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.