wong_watkins

Spouse's anger problem

101 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
Ah, but aren't you the one that says women are trying to be aggressors of their husbands? Aren't you the one that says why should women want equal rights? Using aggression to keep a woman by his side is just plain wrong and vice versa. Sounds like to me you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Are you talking about that unreal topic in the other forum? This forum seems more realistic than the other one where the husband gets abused by the wife. I totally find that unrealistic.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I still firmly believe that it will take considerable evidence to prove that the husband gets abused by the wife. If you know, this topic subject is about the wife being more scared of the husband.

If you cannot follow topics, please read them before posting! :bonk:

"Both sides of the mouth?" That was a really offensive statement. Please review what I've said again instead of just blindly posting stuff spontaneously!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I still firmly believe that it will take considerable evidence to prove that the husband gets abused by the wife. If you know, this topic subject is about the wife being more scared of the husband.

If you cannot follow topics, please read them before posting! :bonk:

"Both sides of the mouth?" That was a really offensive statement. Please review what I've said again instead of just blindly posting stuff spontaneously!

You really don't believe that there are any husbands being abused by their wives?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wife's beating up on their husbands is more common than you think. Just that many men do not report it, as it doesn't appear very "manly" to do so!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was JUST coming on to post about web usage, and very wise people beat me to it!!

When I was with my ex he used to hack into my e-mail and my usage on a chat site that I got a lot of support on. He would log in under my handle, and try to get information out of everyone as to what I was saying about him. I would be changing my passwords, and deleting my history very very regularly. Hopefully he doesn't know about VJ, but if you have mentioned it to him in the past, please be careful with your posts and your member profile.

Also a note on staying in HK. I did it. I was actually in the US (I am CDN), when I left him (previously marraige). I dropped him off at work and never came back. I left most of what I owned in our condo, and jumped on a bus and came home. It was the most frightening experience of my life. I was convinced he would find me. Once I was back in my family's embrace, I felt safer, but it was a very long time after that, when he didn't forceably come back into my life, that I believed that I was free. If this is the route you go, do what you must to survive this. I never regretted my choice to live.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi, I am originally from asia and now living in Indiana. I went to school here and met my husband and then we got married. I dont know if you would like to talk to me? What part of Indiana you live at? We have the same cultural background and I am sure it would be nice to talk to you. I found your yahoo ID on your profile and am going to add you to my list. IM me if you are available. ;)

Timeline

Find me official reports that proves to me that husband gets abused by their wife. Find me proof. If I was abused by a girl, I would slap her and walk away.

"Manly?"....It's not considered to be that way! First, a women structure is softer than a male. If the women does attack the man, the strength of the man will overwhelm her and will probably knock her down. Just as you never see hardly see a woman rape a man, but you see a man raping a woman more often! Give me some sense of logic in your case, please!

I know that most women here are pro women's rights, but as a matter of strength in defense to an abuse, a man has the higher probability of knocking out the woman. That's reality!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Find me official reports that proves to me that husband gets abused by their wife. Find me proof. If I was abused by a girl, I would slap her and walk away.

and that will earn you a quick trip to jail ;)

"Manly?"....It's not considered to be that way! First, a women structure is softer than a male. If the women does attack the man, the strength of the man will overwhelm her and will probably knock her down. Just as you never see hardly see a woman rape a man, but you see a man raping a woman more often! Give me some sense of logic in your case, please!

I know that most women here are pro women's rights, but as a matter of strength in defense to an abuse, a man has the higher probability of knocking out the woman. That's reality!

thanks for the caveman explanation. whether the woman hits the man or not, he is not justified in retaliation.

as for showing you official reports and such, perhaps this will do.

Spouse Abuse Crackdown, Surprisingly, Nets Many Women

By Carey Goldberg

The New York Times, November 23, 1999

Defenders of battered women long struggled to persuade authorities to crack down on brutal men who reigned by the fist at home. But those crackdowns have produced an unexpected consequence: in some places, one-quarter or more of arrests for domestic assault are not of men but of women.

In Concord, N.H., nearly 35 percent of domestic assault arrests this year have been of women, up from 23 percent in 1993. In Vermont, 23 percent of domestic assault arrests this year were of women, compared with 16 percent in 1997.

And in Boulder County, Colo., one-quarter of defendants charged in domestic violence cases through September were women.

more here

oh and they have a website too for battered men. imagine that!

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

oh and while you are busy believing that men cannot be abused, read this one too.

Battered Men in Washington

Domestic Violence Against Men

25,473 Washington Men a Year

According to National Violence Against Women Survey Estimates

© 1999, 2001 by Bert H. Hoff

Every year, 1,510,455 women and 834,732 men are victims of physical violence by an intimate. This is according to a Nov. 1998 Department of Justice report on the National Violence Against Women Survey. What does that mean? Every 37.8 seconds, somewhere in America a man is battered. Every 20.9 seconds, somewhere in America a woman is battered. Every 20.6 minutes another man in Washington is battered.

In Washington, that's 42,824 women and 25,473 men. That includes 2,754 men on whom a knife was used, 5,508 men threatened with a knife and 11,016 men hit with an object.

There may be a trend toward less violence against women, more violence against men, or both. While 76.5% of the people reporting physical violence by an intimate in their lifetime were women, only 62.5% of the people reporting physical violence by an intimate in the last year were women, and 37.5% were men.

The data show that men are more likely to have a knife used on them or to be threatened with a knife, hit with an object, kicked, bitten or have something thrown at them. Women are more likely to beaten up, threatened with a gun, choked, victims of drowning attempts, have their hair pulled or be pushed, grabbed or shoved.

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
:yes:

well done charles!

now that's a first! blushing.gif

I find it strange that the general populations in here have no logical sense, no wonder that you guys are not scientists!

blah.gif

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the articles Charles. Spousal abuse goes both ways, and whatever way it comes is not right. No one should have to live thier life being abused and scared.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.