mjgf77

Help me please, how can i be with my fiancee?

132 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi Everybody,

Who can help me. I have been reading for over a year, tried to find solutions for me and my american fiancee to be together. And we can't. I need as much help as i can. This is my question:

I am from Holland and my fiancee is american. He has a ssdi income, he is disabled, and he does not meet the minimum financial requirement to get me to America. He makes around 14,000$ per year on income. We do not have anybody who can sponsor us. Or they do not want to, and the ones who want to do not have enough income or got laid off. What else can we do? We also have no assets or anything we can turn into money. I am looking for a solution, i want to marry my fiancee and stay with him forever. My brain is getting empty by all the dissapointment. Who can and wants to help me? And another question, what is the difference between a co-sponsor and a joint sponsor?

Well you're ina tricky situation sweetie. The easiest solution would be to bring him to Holland with you to be honest.

But I understand that means giving up the SS income and on top of that with him being disabled might be a problem for him to move.

But at the moment I would start considering the posibility of him going there. Given that what you really want is to be with him, the location doesnt matter at all.

I wish you a loving and happy journey with your boyfriend. Hopefully you will find the solution.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I don't know what line of work you're in but maybe look into finding a job that is done online, e.g. translator English/Dutch or anything else that can be done online and can continue even though you immigrate? The salary of the intended immigrant can be counted if it will continue from the same source even after immigrating to the US. If that's not a possibility then I'm afraid you're gonna have to keep looking for a joint sponsor or maybe your husband can try and find a job that works with his disability?

Edited by mallafri76

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Timeline

HI all,

He can not come to live in Holland. He has a daughter from a previous marriage, and they share custody. His daughter has a mental handicap an has epilepsy. I wish he could but he can't.

We are in a relationship for 2 years now. I have been there twice now. We can not fit better together. His daughter i see as my own, his family welcomed me so lovingly, they feel like my own family.

About the work visa. I do not have a certain talent that gets me qualified. And i have been trying to find a job every day. I do not care what kind of job, as long as it is work and i make money to support ourselves and that i can be with him i am happy. It is very hard for me to find a job. Nobody ever replies to my messages.

How does that work if i find a job? Can my income be added with his income to qualify? How does that work?

What is the difference between a cosponsor and a joint sponsor? I get confused by what people tell me.

He can not work. Every time he tries to work, even adjusted work, it gets him hospitalized. He got into a accident on his job 2 times. And now he is fully disabled. He has spinal stenosis and denerative disc disease. I am very worried about his future. He needs me to take care of him, and i need him too.

What if his income of 14,000$ is not enough, can his mother sponsor us by adding the income that he lacks to qualify? Without her having to meet the 125% full income level?

We have been together 2 times now. I was there in april this year and when i needed to leave he fell into a depression. I got back as soon as i could with every last penny i got. I got back in September. Not his physical condition is getting worse. And i am worried about the future. I am pretty much on my own when it comes to search for information, and to find a solution. He can not sit or lay down for a long time.

My health got bad last year september. When i decided to go to him and couldn't because my uncle died. Knowing i waited so long and could not come was not easy for the both of us, and i was so happy i could go this year, twice :-).

Who can help me, i need to know what i can do, giving up on him is not an option. We do not have assets or anything we can sell to get the amount of money we can show,

HI all,

He can not come to live in Holland. He has a daughter from a previous marriage, and they share custody. His daughter has a mental handicap an has epilepsy. I wish he could but he can't.

We are in a relationship for 2 years now. I have been there twice now. We can not fit better together. His daughter i see as my own, his family welcomed me so lovingly, they feel like my own family.

About the work visa. I do not have a certain talent that gets me qualified. And i have been trying to find a job every day. I do not care what kind of job, as long as it is work and i make money to support ourselves and that i can be with him i am happy. It is very hard for me to find a job. Nobody ever replies to my messages.

How does that work if i find a job? Can my income be added with his income to qualify? How does that work?

What is the difference between a cosponsor and a joint sponsor? I get confused by what people tell me.

He can not work. Every time he tries to work, even adjusted work, it gets him hospitalized. He got into a accident on his job 2 times. And now he is fully disabled. He has spinal stenosis and denerative disc disease. I am very worried about his future. He needs me to take care of him, and i need him too.

What if his income of 14,000$ is not enough, can his mother sponsor us by adding the income that he lacks to qualify? Without her having to meet the 125% full income level?

We have been together 2 times now. I was there in april this year and when i needed to leave he fell into a depression. I got back as soon as i could with every last penny i got. I got back in September. Not his physical condition is getting worse. And i am worried about the future. I am pretty much on my own when it comes to search for information, and to find a solution. He can not sit or lay down for a long time.

My health got bad last year september. When i decided to go to him and couldn't because my uncle died. Knowing i waited so long and could not come was not easy for the both of us, and i was so happy i could go this year, twice :-).

Who can help me, i need to know what i can do, giving up on him is not an option. We do not have assets or anything we can sell to get the amount of money we can show,

You can not add incomes, if you use a cosponsor or a joint sponsor (same thing in my opinion but officially, cosponsors are for K1 visas and visitor visas and joint sponsors are AOS and spousal visas, they provide the same thing), the person that is cosponsoring has to make enough to support themselves and you and meet the household requirements.

So, you would need to find at least ONE person who is a USC or LPR that can cosponsor, if they have no dependents, they need to make 19,912$ a year to sponsor you.

Your fiance would have to make 25,112$ because he has one dependent, and then would have to support you as well.

With that said, this seems like a case where if you can't find a cosponsor, you wait until someone can cosponsor. There is no way around it.

I understand the difficulty of things, my daughter is autistic with a handful of other mental handicaps, she's considered disabled by the government, and is in special education classes in school. We attend therapy and all of that busy work. She has the speech level of a 3 1/2-4 year old, but she's 7. I also have joint custody with my ex of her. For us, it would have most likely of been better for us to move to Canada, but it's just not that easy at the end of the day.

I do not work atm, mainly because of the time commitment of therapy for her and the short hours she goes to school. We were able to find two cosponsors (had one, the consulate asked for a second) and were approved.

If we weren't approved though, we were going to have to just wait. Without a cosponsor it's simply not possible. I feel for ya'll and I hope you guys can find someone. If you're meant to be together, you WILL be together, stay vigilant and preserve. Some people waited 10 years to get through this process, if you truly are each others fit, you guys just have to find someone to cosponsor.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline

I think i explained custody wrong, i am sorry. His ex has custody, but he gets his daughter every other weekend, and holiday every other year. Does that mean he still has to make the 25,000$ + to get me there?

Who has experiences with having a sponsor or being a sponsor, what is it that i can say to a sponsor to make them understand or know what it is like to be a sponsor?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I think i explained custody wrong, i am sorry. His ex has custody, but he gets his daughter every other weekend, and holiday every other year. Does that mean he still has to make the 25,000$ + to get me there? The daughter is counted as long as she has not reached the age of majority in her state (usually 18). Does not matter if he does not have custody. Does not matter that she does not live with him.

Who has experiences with having a sponsor or being a sponsor, what is it that i can say to a sponsor to make them understand or know what it is like to be a sponsor? Can of worm.

First, the US government can ask the sponsor to repay any of the named mean tested benefits (welfare). For example, you get food stamps. The US government can demand the sponsor repay the benefits that you received. While there has not been any cases that we are aware of where the US government has come after a sponsor, it doesn't mean that it can't happen or will not happen.

Second, you could sue the sponsor to give you money to meet the poverty line. While you would not do this, there have been cases where immigrants have sue their sponsor to give them money.

Personally, I would not sign the I-864 for a friend. I do not want even the possibility that I would have to support a friend's wife if something happens. Signing the I-864 should never be taken lightly.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

if you really can't find a cosponsor and he can't move there, then I can only see the option of the visa lottery, which isn't much. it is literally a lottery, which means there's narrow chances of getting a green card, and it is a long process anyway... the application process just closed, so you would have to wait till next year to apply (it is free to apply, so it's something you can try without losing much). I really hope you find a way around this. good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.