mjgf77

Help me please, how can i be with my fiancee?

132 posts in this topic

Also, again, as a massive warning. Be careful when you try to "just get by" on the financial requirement, THEY CAN refuse your visa if he makes too close to the line. If they refuse it, your only option is to find a cosponsor. People have been asked for cosponsors when they made 3000$ over the limit, in your case he'll only make 128$ more than the limit, and all of his funds are federally given to him.

If that happens, it's a consulate specific issue. OP is European and not likely to encounter a conoff asking for more money than the I134 'stipulates'.

And it doesn't matter squat that his funds are 'federally given to him'. OP states the income is SSDI. That's not a handout. It's an earned benefit similar to Social Security retirement funds.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Daughter has to be counted until she is 19 when child support ends in Indiana.

Really?

The OP needs to refer to her fiance's divorce decree/support agreement and see what it says. That, coupled with any tax returns accompanying the I134, will determine household size.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

He is on ssdi. The money from his daughter is taken off first, and then he is left with 1170 % per month that is put into his bankaccount. So he gets 1170 that is minus the 500$ that goes to his daughter

So he has $670 to pay rent, utilities and food??

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Btw, what does OP mean? Can i, if we have to wait for those 2 years to pass by, provide some money that i save? And how much should i then save if he would make the minimum amount that is asked for? And another thing. What if someone has a " healthy" partner, that would just meet the minimum requirement without a sponsor and it is to the couple to decide if they can live on that amount of money, what if the healthy partner makes the minimum and loses their job? Meeting the minimum just a little over or way over, ti does not garantee that the petitioner will be financially stable.I understand that he is disabled, he has been for 8 years now. But a healthy person can have an accident too, and there are no garantees. What if i want to show some assets, i do not have the amount of the 30,000$, but say he just qualifies when he does not have to count his daughter anymore, what amount would be reasonable? And do i still have to multiply that with 5 if he made the minimum requirement?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Really?

The OP needs to refer to her fiance's divorce decree/support agreement and see what it says. That, coupled with any tax returns accompanying the I134, will determine household size.

Indiana law stipulates child support ends at 19 unless the child is emancipated. The child is handicapped. She ain't going to be emancipated when she reaches 18, she will still be dependent upon her parents. Every ex-wife that I know would wants that child support paid as long as she is supporting the child. It's going to 19.

The only out is that he and the ex-wife agree to end child support at 18. Do you think his ex-wife would agree to end child support early rather then go the distance to age 19 when she has custody of a handicapped child?

You need to find out some stuff. We may be having a little problem helping you because English is not your native tongue. :) But you also need some help with understanding how certain systems work.

So his SSDI is technically $1670 per month, right?

However, 'they' are putting $1170 in his account?

Or does your fiance have it arranged to have his child support deducted and sent on to his ex-wife?

If 'they' (the US SS Administration) are deducting for child support before they pay his benefit, then that is a garnishment for back child support. And the deduction will continue until the back debt is repaid.

Does your fiance have a US passport? Or has he ever indicated to you that he can't get one?

Indiana law stipulates child support ends at 19 unless the child is emancipated. The child is handicapped. She ain't going to be emancipated when she reaches 18, she will still be dependent upon her parents. Every ex-wife that I know would wants that child support paid as long as she is supporting the child. It's going to 19.

The only out is that he and the ex-wife agree to end child support at 18. Do you think his ex-wife would agree to end child support early rather then go the distance to age 19 when she has custody of a handicapped child?

I think the answer is not to make generalizations or conjectures based upon what I think I know about a particular states family law.

I think the answer is in the attachments the sponsor appends to the immigration document.

Btw, what does OP mean? Can i, if we have to wait for those 2 years to pass by, provide some money that i save? And how much should i then save if he would make the minimum amount that is asked for? And another thing. What if someone has a " healthy" partner, that would just meet the minimum requirement without a sponsor and it is to the couple to decide if they can live on that amount of money, what if the healthy partner makes the minimum and loses their job? Meeting the minimum just a little over or way over, ti does not garantee that the petitioner will be financially stable.I understand that he is disabled, he has been for 8 years now. But a healthy person can have an accident too, and there are no garantees. What if i want to show some assets, i do not have the amount of the 30,000$, but say he just qualifies when he does not have to count his daughter anymore, what amount would be reasonable? And do i still have to multiply that with 5 if he made the minimum requirement?

OP means 'original poster'. That is you.

Savings can be used to offset a shortfall in income. The amount needed to make up the shortfall is three times the amount of the shortage, not five.

Some consulates will look at savings held by the visa applicant to make up a shortage. A bank account in both names (usually held by the US sponsor in the US) may be more useful.

Timeline

I know English is not my first language, there is nothing wrong with my English, ido not really know how to explain. I will attempt once more.

He basically gets 1670 per month. The money for his daughter is paid before he gets his income. So that is 1670 - 500 = 1170 per month of income. And he pays his rent, utilities, food etc from that 1170.

The money is paid to his ex wife, she is payee (receiver of the money for their daughter) over the money he pays for his daughter.

When he still worked he paid childsupport, and he had times when he was on the road because of his job and at times got paid later by his employer and he would tell his ex wife and paid 2/3 days late, and he paid her extra money for being late.

His ex wife would never agree to stop making payments earlier, she is quite difficult when it comes to him. She tries to make trouble as much as she can. And their daughter would never be emancipated like peers her age. She is very child like. She is in special education, so 19 would be the age then. Will she get her own ssi/ssdi then?

Is his daughter then still seen as a dependant? Many people have told me that if he does not make enough income we have to show the shortage times 5. That is why i am talking about 30,000$. otherwise it would be more doable.

If the US Social Security Administration is garnishing his payments before a bank deposit is made, then it's back child support. His income will remain at that lower level until the back amount is paid in full. Depending on how much he owes, it could be a good while before he receives his full benefit amount.

People who are telling you five times the shortfall are wrong.

Timeline

I think the answer is not to make generalizations or conjectures based upon what I think I know about a particular states family law.

I think the answer is in the attachments the sponsor appends to the immigration document.

His ex wife would never agree to stop making payments earlier, she is quite difficult when it comes to him. She tries to make trouble as much as she can. And their daughter would never be emancipated like peers her age. She is very child like. She is in special education, so 19 would be the age then. Will she get her own ssi/ssdi then?

I've spent years working with special need children, their divorced parents, and child support issues. I am speaking from experience. Never has a parent agree to terminate child support before the age when the state mandates the end of child support for a special needs child. Why? Because the state would never grant SSDI/SSI when there is another person who would legally required to provide support.

"Hey my dad and mom agreed to end child support early, so Indiana give me money." Not going to fly.

Read what the OP wrote.

Timeline

I know English is not my first language, there is nothing wrong with my English, ido not really know how to explain. I will attempt once more.

He basically gets 1670 per month. The money for his daughter is paid before he gets his income. So that is 1670 - 500 = 1170 per month of income. And he pays his rent, utilities, food etc from that 1170.

The money is paid to his ex wife, she is payee (receiver of the money for their daughter) over the money he pays for his daughter.

When he still worked he paid childsupport, and he had times when he was on the road because of his job and at times got paid later by his employer and he would tell his ex wife and paid 2/3 days late, and he paid her extra money for being late.

His ex wife would never agree to stop making payments earlier, she is quite difficult when it comes to him. She tries to make trouble as much as she can. And their daughter would never be emancipated like peers her age. She is very child like. She is in special education, so 19 would be the age then. Will she get her own ssi/ssdi then? Disabled children can get SSI. Isn't she already receiving this? SSDI is available to those who work a certain number of years. Even though the daughter will not work, there is an exception to the working a certain number of years requirement so she can receive SSDI after age 18 for her disability since her dad is receiving SSDI. Getting SSI/SSDI does not affect the child support. Dad still has to pay until age 19 under Indiana laws.

Is his daughter then still seen as a dependant? Yes, she will be counted on the I -864 until he she turns 19 because of the child support. Many people have told me that if he does not make enough income we have to show the shortage times 5. That is why i am talking about 30,000$. otherwise it would be more doable. It's 3x for a spouse.

Would not work for several reasons.

1. A student is required to show a home the student intends to return to after completing the course of study. The student can not have the intent to immigrate.

2. Got cash? International student tuition at a community college will start at $5,000 and then the student has to have another $10,000 for living expenses. Can't work first year and limited employment opportunities after that. The Op's problem is not meeting the income and assets requirements of the I-864, so where is this cash for school going to come from?

3. USC fiance.

4. Does not solve the need for the I-864 if OP wants a green card.

1) Well it is still better then to pay university tuition

2 ) she can find a part time job on the campus

3) why she should tell at the embassy about her American fiance? Thousands of students who came over here got married and no problems.

The point is that she wants to be with him so it is a good option. Just don't need to mention her fiance during interview. That's it.

K-1 Visa Timeline!
Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guanzhou, China

I-129F Sent : 2015-01-14 I-129F NOA1 : 2015-01-16                     California SC received: 2015-01-21
I-129F NOA1 hardcopy: 2015-01-27 I-129F NOA2 : 2015-02-06   I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-02-18
NVC received: 2015-02-18 Consulate Received : 2015-02-27
Fiance received the hard mail from NVC with a new assinged number: 2015-3-3
received instructions (pkt 3): 2015-3-5 (hard mail)          
paid visa fee: 2015-3-12
received appointment letter (pkt 4): 2015-3-12 (email)    
Medical: 2015-04-03 Picked medical up: 2015-04-10
Interview Date : 2015-4-14 Interview Result :Approved   Visa Received :
2015-4-24
US Entry : 2015-5-19
Marriage : 2015-6-27

AOS:

Spoiler

filed for AOS: 2015-7-16 delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 2015-7-20

Electronic NOA1: 2015-7-23 Hard copies NOA1: 2015-7-28

Biometrics appointment letter: 2015-8-1 Biometrics appointment: 2015-8-12

RFE :( 2015-8-19 RFE hard copy: 2015-8-22

Finally sent RFE back:: 2015-10-02 RFE was delivered: 2015-10-05

USCIS updated status on "request for evidence was received": 2015-10-07

Combo card is being produced: 2015-10-26 (exactly three weeks after submitting RFE)

Case status update; card was mailed: 2015-10-28 Received EAD approval letter: 2015-10-29

Combo card received: 2015-11-2 Interview scheduled: 2015-12-21 (APPROVED :dancing: )

Green card received: 2015-12-21

N-400.319(b)

Spoiler

October 17, 2016 - case filed 

October 25, 2016 - NOA1

December 19, 2016 - Biometrics at GUZ field Office 

December 2, 2017 - Inquiry about the case being outside the processing time norms

January 2, 2018 - notification regarding the inquiry being outside processing time norms, the case has not assigned yet 

February 23, 2018 - scheduled for the Interview 

March 21, 2018 -  a response was sent to my inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time

April 4, 2018 - Interview 

April 12, 2019 - in line for the Oath Ceremony

ROC

Spoiler

October 28, 2017 - filed I-751 case

November 6, 2017 - NOA1

November 20, 2017 - biometric at GUZ field office 

March 4, 2018 - status change: Your case was received by your local office 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

1) Well it is still better then to pay university tuition

2 ) she can find a part time job on the campus

3) why she should tell at the embassy about her American fiance? Thousands of students who came over here got married and no problems.

The point is that she wants to be with him so it is a good option. Just don't need to mention her fiance during interview. That's it.

You're required to mention any ties to the USA at a student visa interview

Timeline

My head is spinning. Okay what to say. Can it be that because of his work back then, he thought it was better to make sure the money would be made to his ex for their daughter? Because he was an over the road truck driver driving through states all of the time, 80 hours a week? That it would be better to automatically pay for his daughter. How sure is the chance that it is because he is behind on child support? And if he is disabled now for 8 years, he could never have been behind that much, or it would have been paid off already, does not make sense right now. Spouse, okay that means married. Well i am going to America if everything goes well this coming year, and depending on how long i can stay away, it will be around 1 or 2 months. What can i do in the time i am there? Is is wise to get married spontaneously? Not the first day i get married, but somewhere in between the 1 and second month i am there?

Then at least the asset problem would be 3 times instead of 5 years. And if we have to wait until his daughter is 19 then i am willing to wait. I will look for jobs in the meantime that want to sponsor me. Another thing. I want to get to know his ex wife. Why? Because it is better for all of us. Say that he is behind on child support, i do not think so, but say that he is. After i would be with him, we can decide as a couple to pay of that debt if there is a debt. That should be much easier then to have a little amount being drawn from his account. His daughter turns 17 in january, so i will keep on being busy and hope time will fly. Say that i have a talk with his mother when i am there, and i explain all about sponsoring, she has to count a family of 4 then? She has two sons living at home with her. One is 23 and the other is 25. Oh wow, i really do not know what to think now or what to do. I get so much info.

Are there people in here that are on facebook too? I have problem with loading this page a lot, and i am on facebook to find solution, jobs etc. Is there anybody who knows a lot and who wants to befriend me on facebook?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.