mjgf77

Help me please, how can i be with my fiancee?

132 posts in this topic

Remember that a sponsor can be anyone resident in the USA, over 18 and a US Citizen or LPR, and has the necessary funding. Doesn't have to be a relative. Have anyone who you think would consider doing it look over the I-864 to understand the commitment.

Otherwise, you'll have to think of a Plan B. Maybe he moves to the Netherlands and visits his daughter, or maybe you permanently remain a visitor to the USA while you play out a longer game (try the lottery).

You mention that you've tried applying for jobs - in the USA? Are you working right now at all?

Edited by lost_at_sea

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There re basically 3 routes to the US, Family, Job and investment, Lottery well that is a long shot but free to enter.

Family and Investment sound out so what do you do, sometimes you need to look at it long term.

How old is his daughter?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Moving to the Netherlands is the best option. He could keep his SSDI, and visit his daughter a couple of times a year. Either that or get a cosponsor. Or end the relationship. Those are the options. It seems to me that it isn't that he can't move there, but that he won't. That's my 2 yuan.

Met in Ormoc, Leyte, Philippines: 2007-05-17
Our son was born in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-04-01
Married in Borongan, Eastern Samar, Philippines: 2009-10-24
CR-1 Visa - California Service Center; Consulate - Manila, Philippines
I-130 mailed: 2010-04-13
I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-24
I-130 NOA2: 2010-09-30
NVC received case: 2010-10-14
Case Complete: 2010-12-01
Interview scheduled: 2010-12-06
Medical, St. Luke's, Manila: 2010-12-09 and 2010-12-10
Interview at US Embassy in Manila 8:30 AM: 2011-01-05 - Approved!
Visa delivered: 2011-01-08
CFO Seminar completed: 2011-01-10
My beloved wife Sol and my beautiful son Nathan arrive in the U.S. (POE San Francisco): 2011-01-26
Lifting Conditions - Vermont Service Center
Date mailed: 2012-11-01
Receipt date: 2012-11-05
NOA received: 2012-11-09
Biometrics letter received: 2012-11-16
Biometrics appointment date: 2012-12-10
Biometrics walk-in successful: 2012-11-20
Removal of Conditions approved date: 2013-04-27
10 year green card mailed: 2013-05-03
10 year green card received: 2013-05-06
Citizenship
N400 mailed: 2013-10-28
N400 delivered: 2013-10-31
NOA1: 2013-11-04
Biometrics: 2013-11-18
In Line: 2013-12-26
Interview scheduled: 2013-12-30
Interview: 2014-02-03

Oath ceremony queue: 2014-02-07

Oath ceremony: 2014-03-28 Sol is a U.S. citizen

Applied for expedited passport: 2014-04-01

Passport received, Priority Express: 2014-04-09 This is journey's end at last!

Naturalization certificate returned, Priority Mail: 2014-04-12

Passport card received, First Class: 2014-04-14

1457 days, I-130 mailed to passport in hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

HI all,

He can not come to live in Holland. He has a daughter from a previous marriage, and they share custody. His daughter has a mental handicap an has epilepsy. I wish he could but he can't.

We are in a relationship for 2 years now. I have been there twice now. We can not fit better together. His daughter i see as my own, his family welcomed me so lovingly, they feel like my own family.

About the work visa. I do not have a certain talent that gets me qualified. And i have been trying to find a job every day. I do not care what kind of job, as long as it is work and i make money to support ourselves and that i can be with him i am happy. It is very hard for me to find a job. Nobody ever replies to my messages.

How does that work if i find a job? Can my income be added with his income to qualify? How does that work?

What is the difference between a cosponsor and a joint sponsor? I get confused by what people tell me.

He can not work. Every time he tries to work, even adjusted work, it gets him hospitalized. He got into a accident on his job 2 times. And now he is fully disabled. He has spinal stenosis and denerative disc disease. I am very worried about his future. He needs me to take care of him, and i need him too.

What if his income of 14,000$ is not enough, can his mother sponsor us by adding the income that he lacks to qualify? Without her having to meet the 125% full income level?

We have been together 2 times now. I was there in april this year and when i needed to leave he fell into a depression. I got back as soon as i could with every last penny i got. I got back in September. Not his physical condition is getting worse. And i am worried about the future. I am pretty much on my own when it comes to search for information, and to find a solution. He can not sit or lay down for a long time.

My health got bad last year september. When i decided to go to him and couldn't because my uncle died. Knowing i waited so long and could not come was not easy for the both of us, and i was so happy i could go this year, twice :-).

Who can help me, i need to know what i can do, giving up on him is not an option. We do not have assets or anything we can sell to get the amount of money we can show,

Salary from a job only counts if it'll continue from the same source. E.g. you work as a translator in Holland and this job continues once you immigrate to the US. If you get a job in the US before immigrating, stupidly enough, this won't count towards the AOS. :(

Finding a joint sponsor is difficult because it is a legal responsibility and there is always the possibility of you suing the joint sponsor for financial support, which is why it's usually only family that'll take the "risk", IMO.

I'm just thinking outside the box now, but due to OP's husband's medical condition, what about a waiver? I don't know anything about waivers but maybe someone else on here can weigh in if this is an option for OP?

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I would like to know about the waiver to, if someone knows more about it.

His daughter is 16 and will turn 17 in January. He pays child support so i do not understand why he has to count her. His ex has full control about their daughter. If she does not want him to see her, he does not see her.

He could live in Holland if he wanted to. But you have to know, his daughter is autistic, has seizures and has a mental disabiltiy. No responsable parent would leave their child to move to another country. If he did not have children he would have. I would not move if i were in the same situation. What good does it do if he would move to Holland? Then we would still have to have a sponsor to live in America after a while.

I have thought about everything. I would like to make a personal binding contract in where i promise to never sue the sponsor. Why would i want to anyway? I want to work hard, and to make sure we have good medical so that when my fiancees condition gets worse, we can take care of him.

I think that people seem to miss that it is not a small thing to emigrate to another country. I come from a wealthy country, i am not going to emigrate to have it financially better. I would emigrate out of love. I would not just emigrate and leave everything i love and know, family, friends, etc just for a guy that i like. I think the world has a bad view of immigrants. They are not all luck seekers.

I currently do not work, and looking for another job. I took care of a loved one that needed care and that was full time. I do volunteerwork and work with people who are mentally and physically challenged.

Breaking up is no option. Why would i leave him and punish him for the fact of money?

I can' t remain a visitor to America. I could not work and we would mainly live of his ssdi for the time i am there.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Waiver for what? Immigration isn't waiver able.

It doesn't matter, he's still required to count her until she's 18.

Many responsible parents have left their children, I personally have a time share plan (summers, holidays but regular communication) with my kids on Canada that I had to fight for due to a difficult divorce. My ex has custody . It's not what I wanted but was the best that I could get.

You don't sue the sponsor, the government does should any benefits be used

People are telling you to have him move there because right now there's no chance of U.S. immigration

Edited by Transborderwife

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You did not say what you do and if that is a way in.

His child will be an Adult soon and is living anyway with her mother, so what ever the timing is it seems that he should be able to move soon.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I would like to know about the waiver to, if someone knows more about it. There is no waiver for the I-864 that you would qualify for. Your petitioner needs to meet the I-864 requirements. This is an absolute.

His daughter is 16 and will turn 17 in January. He pays child support so i do not understand why he has to count her. His ex has full control about their daughter. If she does not want him to see her, he does not see her. 1. The I-864 requires him to count his minor daughter. 2. He is legally required to SUPPORT his minor daughter. 3. He pays child SUPPORT. 4. Easy to understand that he needs to count her on the I-864 Affidavit of SUPPORT because he is required to, he has a legal obligation to SUPPORT her, and he actually pays child SUPPORT.

He could live in Holland if he wanted to. But you have to know, his daughter is autistic, has seizures and has a mental disabiltiy. No responsable parent would leave their child to move to another country. If he did not have children he would have. I would not move if i were in the same situation. What good does it do if he would move to Holland? A good reason would be because you can't move to the US. Then we would still have to have a sponsor to live in America after a while.

I have thought about everything. I would like to make a personal binding contract in where i promise to never sue the sponsor. Would not hold water in court. Petitioner can not waive what Petitioner is legally obligated to do under the I-864. No court is going to let the Petitioner undermine his legal obligations under the I-864. It would render the I-864 meaningless. Why would i want to anyway? Because others have done so it does not preclude you from changing your mind at some point in the future. Pretty sure those who have sued their petitioners promised they wouldn't sue either. I want to work hard, and to make sure we have good medical so that when my fiancees condition gets worse, we can take care of him.

I think that people seem to miss that it is not a small thing to emigrate to another country. I come from a wealthy country, i am not going to emigrate to have it financially better. I would emigrate out of love. I would not just emigrate and leave everything i love and know, family, friends, etc just for a guy that i like. I think the world has a bad view of immigrants. They are not all luck seekers. We are immigrants. We have family who are immigrants. We know it's not a small thing to emigrate to another country. We do not view immigrants poorly. However, there are rules that applies to all Petitioners and potential immigrants. While you may come from a wealthy country, neither you or your fiance can meet the minimum financial requirements.

I currently do not work, and looking for another job. I took care of a loved one that needed care and that was full time. I do volunteerwork and work with people who are mentally and physically challenged.

Breaking up is no option. Why would i leave him and punish him for the fact of money?

I can' t remain a visitor to America. I could not work and we would mainly live of his ssdi for the time i am there.

I empathize with your situation. Sorry that this has been so difficult for you and your fiance.

However, you need to focus on the meeting the I-864 obligations instead of looking for phantom waivers, wondering why his daughter needs to be counted, telling us about how hard it is to emigrate, and that you come from a wealthy country while neither you or your fiance have jobs or assets to meet the I-864 requirements.

I hope you were venting.

Focus on meeting the I-864 requirements. There is no way around this.

Best of luck.

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline

What if his daughter turns 18? Will she get her own ssi/ssdi? And will that mean he does not have to pay for his daughter after she turns 18? Because the amount he pays for her, prevents him from bringing me there. If the amount is counted with his ssdi income then he qualifies.

I was looking in becoming his live in caregiver. His condition with get worse when he gets older. But they can not do anything about his condition. The only thing they can do is kill the pain. So really, his medical care would not change much.

I do not have a specific work background, and i do not mind working any job.

As soon as i would live in America i would go to work. I do not even want him to support me

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

What if his daughter turns 18? Will she get her own ssi/ssdi? And will that mean he does not have to pay for his daughter after she turns 18? Because the amount he pays for her, prevents him from bringing me there. If the amount is counted with his ssdi income then he qualifies. You need to check on the age of majority in their state. It might not be 18. Once she reaches the age of majority and he does not claim her on his previous tax return, then she would not be counted on the I-864.

I was looking in becoming his live in caregiver. His condition with get worse when he gets older. But they can not do anything about his condition. The only thing they can do is kill the pain. So really, his medical care would not change much.

I do not have a specific work background, and i do not mind working any job.

As soon as i would live in America i would go to work. I do not even want him to support me

Your willingness to find a job to support yourself does not matter for the I-864. You need to focus on meeting the I-864 requirements instead of trying to explain why you wouldn't sue the Joint Sponsor, not be a burden, etc. The I-864 requirements need to be satisfied in order for you to get a green card.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

You might just need to wait until he no longer has to pay child support for his daughter. Then his household size would be two and he needs a gross adjusted annual income of $19,912, as it is now. What state is your husband in?

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Timeline

he lives in Indiana. He pays 500$ per month for his daughter, and if i count it with what he has 1170 per month, then it could be enough if he does not have to pay for her when she turns of age, and gets her own ssi/ssdi. His mother wants to start a cleaning business with me, but we can not do that until i am there. And i got a job offered as a care giver, only if i lived there. And they do not submit work visas, has to be american based only.

what i also do not get is he needs to make the 19,000+ to get me there. But if i want to work he needs to make around the 25,000$ + right? Otherwise on the 19,000+ is just to get me there, but i would not be able to work

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.