74 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

She was able to get another interview and was aporoved? Good for them, I missed that....I felt bad when they were denied.

Yes I did thank you:) Now trying to help this couple here..ACT FAST!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Co didn't gave look at any evidence of photos .. Asked 2-3 questions and gave a white slip stating that visa is denied without any specific answers

As white letter they gave says petition will be send to USCIS ..

Is there anything we can do at present

I am so sorry. Now first let me ask some questions.

1. What does the form say (I assume its a 221g)?
  2. What did the CO say after interview? Refused Visa? Will return your petition to NVC/USCIS?
  3. What evidence did you have in your package when you submitted your I-130?
  4. Do you have red flags?

Please help others by telling the embassy and if you change your flag to the correct countries your question is seen by people from that country going through same embassy. Sometimes specifics of a embassy are very important. Really sorry this has happened.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

We both are devastated .. Everyone back home is sad

Well we had more proof than needed if co wanted. She walked to window with me.. Co said her to get back to waiting

What proof they want.. Phone bills, joint finances, photos, tickets what else .. More than 1000 pages of proof and different and multiple kinds of proof we had ..

Mine was K1 visa I see your already married. You may be able to rectify this once it gets returned to US where as K1 will expire. first try to get an answer on what ever legal issue There might be. your congressman can inquire. Hopefully the embassy will shed some light good luck

Timeline

How is that not illegal?

I'm so sorry for you both. That sounds awful.

They can ask whatever they want to justify the relationship. trust me it is easier to just answer and move on then to fight with them. I just went through the same questioning... you can protest but why would you if It will gain a visa for your fiancé/spouse?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How is that not illegal?

I'm so sorry for you both. That sounds awful.

There's no such thing as an illegal questions. Our lives are an open book. This is the US Government. They can ask whatever they want truly. May not be nice. But that's how it is.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Co didn't gave look at any evidence of photos .. Asked 2-3 questions and gave a white slip stating that visa is denied without any specific answers

As white letter they gave says petition will be send to USCIS ..

Is there anything we can do at present

This is the time to hire a lawyer, Also in my experience when Officer asks a question, they want an answer ( without waiting but still take a couple seconds for each answer), and reach out in your accordion file ( practice compartments beforehand), and get a relevant proof out, and put it on the table with confidence. Whether they pick it or not, its their prerogative.

Good luck.

01/25/2010....Came to USA on F1 Visa

01/25/2012... Finished School B.S. Computer Science

04/19/2013.....Married!! to USC

AOS----timeline

05/28/2013.....I-130, I-485,I-131 & I-765 Packets Received at Chicago Lockbox

06/06/2013....NOA Texts and Emails received, 4 in total, as i filled 4 x G1145

06/06/2013....Checks Cashed

06/07/2013....NOAs in the mail

06/12/2013....Biometrics Appointment for "6/28/2013" "Warning: Case will be considered abandoned if you don't show for appointment" LOL

06/18/2013...Walk in Biometrics done, reached at 7:50 am, got out at 8:20 am

07/15/2013... Notice Received, Interview scheduled for Aug 20th dancin5hr.gif

08/10/2013... EAD Combo Card received says "Valid for Travel outside the USA"

08/20/2013... iNTERVIEW at Downtown LA. Approved

08/29/2013... Permanent Resident Card Received

I-751-----timeline

05/22/2015....I-751 Applied

06/xx/2015....NOA Received

06/20/2015....Called USCIS filed complaint-No Biometrics appointment, rude people

07/21/2015....Biometrics appointment

08/10/2015...Walk in into USCIS field office for I-551 stamp in passport for 1 year

10/29/2015...Approval Email

11/03/2015...Permanent Resident Card Received

N-400-----timeline

05/29/2016....N-400 Applied

06/02/2016....Acceptance Email/Text

06/08/2016....Biometrics Scheduled for 6/21/2016

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

well many people belames here to CO does anyone asked the OP what did he replyed on question having tons of evidence does not granty visa if pic or other evidence is everything then why would they ask for physical interview.

my wife is english speaking only but i am non english speaking person i will have kilos of evidence but i wont be able to cummincate with CO then what people supposed to expect he/she will trust on ur evidence and issue the visa?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

well many people belames here to CO does anyone asked the OP what did he replyed on question having tons of evidence does not granty visa if pic or other evidence is everything then why would they ask for physical interview.

my wife is english speaking only but i am non english speaking person i will have kilos of evidence but i wont be able to cummincate with CO then what people supposed to expect he/she will trust on ur evidence and issue the visa?

You can request a translator.

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline

Sorry to hear that. But was your interview held at India or Nepal . Your time line say India consulate but country nepal. Could u please let us know.so that we could have further I formation regarding the embassy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so sorry you were denied and that they would ask such a personal question....

Everyone else has suggested some amazing advice. Do what you can to fight this! You have our support! Sounds like this IO was having a bad day and took it out on you for no reason....since it sounds like you had all the right evidence (the same stuff I had and i was JUST approved).

Keep us updated friend! You will get through this! <3

The Path to Finding My Soul Mate ❤️

2008 - Met on deviantART.com
2009 - Visited each other for the first time as best friends.
2010 - Realized we were meant to be more than friends ❤️
Christmas of 2011 - Engaged!

July 5, 2013 - MARRIED!!
July 18, 2013 - DOMA IS STRUCK DOWN!!!

Waiting on IR-1 Visa to be approved then will celebrate with the beach ceremony/reception of our dreams ❤️

My Visa Journey for IR-1

11/21/2013 - I-130 Package Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

11/26/2013 - Package Arrived in Phoenix!! Waiting on NOA1!

12/02/2013 - NOA1 received VIA Email! Waiting on Hard Copy!

12/04/2013 - Hard Copy Arrived, waiting on approval!!

06/26/2014 - E-Request sent, Security Check still pending. Still waiting on Approval.
07/05/2014 - Our first marriage anniversary!
08/17/2014 - Still awaiting approval. Planning on sending 2nd E-Request in September
10/09/2014 - I-130 APPROVED, NOA2 Received by E-Mail, waiting for package in the mail!! 311 days later, wow!
12/05/2015 - NVC Received. Assigned Case # and Will be Going to Montreal!
12/11/2015 - AOS and IV Bill paid!!!
05/13/2015 - AOS and IV Package sent!
07/05/2015 - Happy Two Year Anniversary!
08/27/2015 - Interview Confirmed on September 25, 2015 at 8am! WE'RE GOING TO MONTREAL! Fingers crossed!! (one day before my birthday!)
09/08/2015 - Medical Done in Toronto with Dr. Lyndon (Highly recommend! Easy to get too via the subway). All clear there! Waiting for it to come in the Mail
09/25/2015 - Visa APPROVED!

Total Time Taken (Till Interview): 1 Year 10 Months

Point of Entry/Green Card Delivery

09/26/2015 - Back home from Montreal, waiting for LOOMIS delivery to pick up VISA
09/30/2015 - Visa Arrived in London, ON for pick up; Visa in hand!
10/01/2015 - Flight Booked! Moving date is October 7th!
10/07/2015 - POE @ YYZ (Toronto Pearson International). Waiting on Greencard delivery

2019 UPDATE Going Home to Canada. Process for their application took 4 months. Smell ya later USA. Won't miss ya.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I can't believe it!

And I was thinking about you all day yesterday and today wondering how your interview went!

That really does not seem fair at all.

Yes, you need to take immediate action before you leave the country.

There is a way around this. This is just a temporary delay.

You are an amazing person. You have helped me with so much in my VisaJourney. You will get through this!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Did you just have the interview? if so and wife is there. take her at 7 AM to embassy, she needs to ask to speak to CO and try to talk them into not sending the packet back to USCIS

You could ask your Congressman to help get an explanation of why you were denied. I have seen this done, but usually with no worthwhile results. Generally the answer obtained is "they were not believed to be bone fide", full stop.

A better use of your Congressman is to contact him once your fiancee's second interview is scheduled, tell him the details of your case, explain how sincere and bone fide your relationship is, and ask for his help.

This usually results in an email from his office to the consulate a few days before the interview, advising that the Congressman is personally interested in your case, and asking the consulate to advise the results after the interview. This is not a message from the Congressman endorsing your case. But it serves to put the consular reviewing officer on notice that should the case be denied, he will be expected to report a solid, documented reason. Many cases are rejected based upon the "intuition" of the reviewing officer. The expectation that detailed written documentation will be needed in case of denial tends to influence the consulate reviewer to find a solid reason for denial, and if he is unable to do so, then to approve.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Bunny: Here is some additional sources you may want to check out if you dont already know, I got this from another forum whose link given below.:

You will need to provide very strong and convincing evidence to prove that your marriage is real. An appeal for an I-130 is filed with the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) and is done on form EOIR-29. Here is a link to that form:

http://www.justice.gov/eoir/formslist.htm

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Bunny: Here is some additional sources you may want to check out if you dont already know, I got this from another forum whose link given below.:

You will need to provide very strong and convincing evidence to prove that your marriage is real. An appeal for an I-130 is filed with the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) and is done on form EOIR-29. Here is a link to that form:

http://www.justice.gov/eoir/formslist.htm

The OP's visa has not been denied. It has been refused by the consulate. The consulate can not deny but only refuse the visa and only

USCIS can deny a visa. The petition is being returned to USCIS and when they receive it the petitioner will be send a NOID/NOIR letter

and has the chance for a rebuttal.

There is nothing to appeal.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Did you just have the interview? if so and wife is there. take her at 7 AM to embassy, she needs to ask to speak to CO and try to talk them into not sending the packet back to USCIS

You could ask your Congressman to help get an explanation of why you were denied. I have seen this done, but usually with no worthwhile results. Generally the answer obtained is "they were not believed to be bone fide", full stop.

A better use of your Congressman is to contact him once your fiancee's second interview is scheduled, tell him the details of your case, explain how sincere and bone fide your relationship is, and ask for his help.

This usually results in an email from his office to the consulate a few days before the interview, advising that the Congressman is personally interested in your case, and asking the consulate to advise the results after the interview. This is not a message from the Congressman endorsing your case. But it serves to put the consular reviewing officer on notice that should the case be denied, he will be expected to report a solid, documented reason. Many cases are rejected based upon the "intuition" of the reviewing officer. The expectation that detailed written documentation will be needed in case of denial tends to influence the consulate reviewer to find a solid reason for denial, and if he is unable to do so, then to approve.

I beg to differ.. my congressman is responsible for my finace's refused visa to being granted a second interview thus an approved visa less than 2 weeks ago!. My petition was on the way back to US as stated through emails from the embassy and my fiancé until I contacted my local congressmans office. not saying that the above is wrong but it leads you to believe that using the congressmans office is fruitless in a refused visa. I am living proof that this is not the case. Act Fast be persistent and use any and all resources. congressman, friends family etc etc etcccc......!!!! Even if the initial belief is not believed to be bone fide... it is up to you to advocate and fight for your relationship. No does not mean No until all avenues have been exhausted. I do not understand why your wife did not request to speak with a higher authority while there to show support of the relationship and I certainly don't expect for persons to behave as I would but for something you believe so strongly for.. you have to fight for ask all the right persons and questions and not just accept someones gut instinct about your future. Makes me mad.. anyway don't give up follow the advice. if its sent back after that still keep trying!! good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.