Steph-the-chef

B-2 Tourist Visa Denied. New evidence gathered - will it be approved?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Everyone.

Two months ago I applied for a B2 Tourist Visa in Sydney, Australia and it was denied under Section 214B. I am a 22 year old female.

I stated in the interview that I have a U.S Citizen for a boyfriend. The interviewer also asked me if I will quit my job in order to travel to the U.S. I answered Yes, and thus my visa was denied. None of the supporting documents I had collated were even looked at.

I am hoping to reapply in the next few months with new evidence:

- A letter from my employer stating I have been granted 6 months of unpaid leave and that my job will be secure upon my return to Australia. (So if the interviewer asks if I will quit my job I will be able to respond NO)

- Enrolment letter for a course at College for the next year (an Advanced Diploma in Nutritional Medicine)

- $18,000 in my bank account

With this new evidence what are the chances of my B2 Visa being approved this time round?

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

A Australian asking for a B2 ( as opposed to 90 days on the VWP), to see a boyfriend, is always going to be hard to get approved.

Having a job to get back to helps, but you already stated in the previous interview you might not return to it, and they will have that paperwork

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I got denied B-2 visa back in 2010 because I said wanted to visit my boyfriend ( my now husband). Having said that you'll quit your job makes the chance is more slim. They already have all the info and they will ask you the same question again. Denied B-2 visa and ESTA has been revoked is a very tough for an approval.

What other evidence you will bring in?

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Everyone.

Two months ago I applied for a B2 Tourist Visa in Sydney, Australia and it was denied under Section 214B. I am a 22 year old female.

I stated in the interview that I have a U.S Citizen for a boyfriend. The interviewer also asked me if I will quit my job in order to travel to the U.S. I answered Yes, and thus my visa was denied. None of the supporting documents I had collated were even looked at.

I am hoping to reapply in the next few months with new evidence:

- A letter from my employer stating I have been granted 6 months of unpaid leave and that my job will be secure upon my return to Australia. (So if the interviewer asks if I will quit my job I will be able to respond NO)

- Enrolment letter for a course at College for the next year (an Advanced Diploma in Nutritional Medicine)

- $18,000 in my bank account

With this new evidence what are the chances of my B2 Visa being approved this time round?

Thank you!

You asked would you be approved. Honestly I say no. You already stated you would quit your job. Than you now have present employer send a letter giving you 6 MONTHS unpaid leave. That's a massive enough time to get married, adjust status. See what they are thinking even if you aren't.

Why would you give them so much evidence that points to you really having no plans to return. I see nothing in your evidence that says "I want to come back and be alone in Australia". Having money in bank means nothing in this technology go to a ATM world. Just saying.

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Many companies offer "career breaks"...I had a job kept open for me for 12 month whilst I went travelling.. It's not an uncommon Employee offering in Australia.

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My B2 application was denied twice in 2013 because I said I was going to see my fiance who at that time was my boyfriend. During one of his visits he went to the embassy and they told us that except we do a k1, 1 would be denied over and over again.

The fact that u said u were willing to quit a job is a huge red flag.

Honestly,I don't think you stand a chance with the 2nd application but I might be wrong.

Filed: Timeline

You will be wasting money, you'll be denied everytime on 214b immigrant intent

Only rich folks can take 6 mths vacations, asking for 6 mths on tourist visa at

your age with a boyfriend will be definitely denied & all your previous info is

noted in their system, its best he comes to visit you or do a K1 if he so desires

This is the funniest post i have seen all week.

Your new evidence is still shows red flag for a denial

How can your employer give you 6months unpaid vacation?

It's called a sabbatical. You can google it I'm sure.

You will be wasting money, you'll be denied everytime on 214b immigrant intent

Only rich folks can take 6 mths vacations, asking for 6 mths on tourist visa at

your age with a boyfriend will be definitely denied & all your previous info is

noted in their system, its best he comes to visit you or do a K1 if he so desires

18k in the bank isn't exactly pocket change for a 22 year old.

OP I think the chances are slim but you can try if you want to.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Thank you to everyone for the replies (even if some of them were laced with a bad attitude). These forums are for people asking genuine questions and responding with snarkiness doesn't help anyone's situation and just shows what a pathetic human you are. I obviously won't be reapplying.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Three unnecessarily harsh posts have been removed. The OP has closed her account, so this thread is also closed.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.