TL2016

August 2015 K-1 Filers [merged topics]

1,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

YAAAAAAAY! We just received our NOA1 by text - we were sent to CSC! So effing excited right now!! :joy::joy:

Our Visa Journey (L) (See our Immigration timeline for a very detailed K-1 and AOS process)

08/17/2015 - I-129F petition/packet sent off
12/17/2015 - Visa Interview in Sweden. We're APPROVED!!!
01/14/2016 - P.O.E. @ Newark International Airport
03/21/2016 - Got married @ town hall
03/22/2016 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent off
08/03/2016 - Became a Conditional Permanent Resident
05/07/2018 - ROC packet sent off

06/12/2019 - ROC approved (no RFE, no transfer, no interview)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I randomly checked the Case Status App.. our case is APPROVED, after 20 days from NOA1. :joy::joy::joy:

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/24/16 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/03/16 - Received text and email notification

3/04/16 - Check cashed

3/07/16 - I-797 hardcopy received

3/19/16 - Biometric scheduled received by mail

4/06/16 - I-485 online status changed to Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

4/15/16 - I-485 online status changed to INTERVIEW SCHEDULED

4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Another August filler here... I am glad that there are other people on here with my timeline so I don't feel so alone in this process and calms my nerves that there are other people at the same stage too.... waiting.

Also extremely excited that early august are already getting responses because that means mid august people are next. It crazy how fast California is approving people (knocked on wood) because I was thinking March but now it could maybe Christmas time that his visa is approved. We never been apart for Christmas and really wasnt looking towards to this Christmas alone but now maybe.

Is there anyone else dealing with this being the first time your family meeting your fiance once he or she arrives?

My parents are excited and listen to me talk about the process every day but they cant relate as much because they never met him in person. They have talked to him on skype and over the phone so they know him that way. I been the one who has traveled and moved to where he was for the past three years because of our strict borders. It kind of crazy to me to think about how they will only really know him for a month before we get married. I know they will love him and this is the life of falling in love with a foreigner but its hard to grasp my mind around explaining it to people. That we are getting married so soon but will not have the formal ceremony till sometime in 2017. Then two years later have a big Indian wedding once he can travel.

I was just really glad to read these posts and see that other people are dealing with the same issues and also planning weddings in 2017 too.

Congrats to the people that are already approved!!!

Cheers,

Sara

06/14/2015: Engaged!!!

07/07/2015: Left India for the USA...

08/13/2015: Priority mailed in I-129F to Texas LockBox.

08/13/2015: Started process on PCC for Guwahati, India.

08/17/2015: USCIS received I-129F petition.

08/19/2015: NOAI off to California Service Center!!

08/24/2015: NOAI receipt received.

08/25/2015: PCC received from Guwahati, India.

09/03/2015: NOAII Approval!!

09/04/2015: NOAII approval updated on website.

09/09/2015: NOAII received in mail.

09/24/2015: NVC received our case!

10/01/2015: Embassy receives case

10/15/2015: Sent out PCC for Thailand.

10/17/2015: Medical Exam.

...................: Received PCC from Thailand??

...................: Bio-metrics??

...................: Interview??

...................: POE somewhere on the east coast....

01/15/2016: Getting Married!!!

I randomly checked the Case Status App.. our case is APPROVED, after 20 days from NOA1. :joy::joy::joy:

Congrats! Hopefully we'll be next. :)

ROC

Congrats!

This is exciting, you're timeline is only a couple days ahead of mine. Hoping to have some news within several days. Although possibly getting an RFE for passport photo size, if they are strict about that.

Wishing you a speedy process ahead.

Another August filler here... I am glad that there are other people on here with my timeline so I don't feel so alone in this process and calms my nerves that there are other people at the same stage too.... waiting.

Also extremely excited that early august are already getting responses because that means mid august people are next. It crazy how fast California is approving people (knocked on wood) because I was thinking March but now it could maybe Christmas time that his visa is approved. We never been apart for Christmas and really wasnt looking towards to this Christmas alone but now maybe.

Is there anyone else dealing with this being the first time your family meeting your fiance once he or she arrives?

My parents are excited and listen to me talk about the process every day but they cant relate as much because they never met him in person. They have talked to him on skype and over the phone so they know him that way. I been the one who has traveled and moved to where he was for the past three years because of our strict borders. It kind of crazy to me to think about how they will only really know him for a month before we get married. I know they will love him and this is the life of falling in love with a foreigner but its hard to grasp my mind around explaining it to people. That we are getting married so soon but will not have the formal ceremony till sometime in 2017. Then two years later have a big Indian wedding once he can travel.

I was just really glad to read these posts and see that other people are dealing with the same issues and also planning weddings in 2017 too.

Congrats to the people that are already approved!!!

Cheers,

Sara

I'm also hoping for December POE. My family has meet my fiancé once for only a day when they travelled overseas for my graduation. So definitely looking forward to them getting to know each other more once he comes to the US. I've never met my fiancé's parents because I can't get a visa to his country. Planning on a legal marriage within days of his arrival to the US so that we can apply for Advanced Parole ASAP and get visas for my parents and I to travel to Saudi to have a big Arab wedding reception and so I can finally meet all his family. I talk to them all every day and I'm dying to go over there.

A big Indian wedding sounds amazing. I love desi weddings (L) Best wishes to you.

22 May 2015 Engagement in Bahrain

22 May 2016 Wedding in Tulsa, OK

07 Nov 2016 Became US Permanent Resident

K1 Visa Journey Visa received 9 months & 3 weeks (286 days) after filing I-129F petition.

AOS Journey Green Card received 3 months & 3 weeks (111 days) after filing AOS package.

ROC Journey 10-year Green Card received 10 months & 1 week (312 days) after filing ROC package.

Naturalization Journey Naturalization Certificate received 2 months & 3 weeks (73 days) after filing N-400.

(Cleveland,OH Local Office)

15 Sep 2019 Filed N-400 Online (Day 01)      

15 Sep 2019 NOA Receipt (Day 01)   

21 Sep 2019 Biometrics Scheduled (Day 07)

10 Oct 2019 Biometrics Appointment (Day 16)    
10 Oct 2019 Interview Scheduled (Day 16)   

21 Nov 2019 Naturalization Interview (Day 58) 

06 Dec 2019 Oath Ceremony (Day 73) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats! Hopefully we'll be next. :)

thank you.. Hang in there, i was almost loosing my mind of waiting.

Congrats!

This is exciting, you're timeline is only a couple days ahead of mine. Hoping to have some news within several days. Although possibly getting an RFE for passport photo size, if they are strict about that.

Wishing you a speedy process ahead.

thank you. I hope you have the approval soon. They are kinda strict about passport photo but as long as it is 2x2 in size and your facial features are shown that will be ok. It is one step at a time for us. I am hoping for December POE for him, so he can be with his family on Christmas and we will be together on New year's day.

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/24/16 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/03/16 - Received text and email notification

3/04/16 - Check cashed

3/07/16 - I-797 hardcopy received

3/19/16 - Biometric scheduled received by mail

4/06/16 - I-485 online status changed to Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

4/15/16 - I-485 online status changed to INTERVIEW SCHEDULED

4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

HI everyone,

Late last night I decided to check the USCIS app and my email and all of the sudden I saw that my case had been approved by USCIS. It was the best feeling ever, I felt happy and so releived. Now the wait for the case to be transferred at NVC starts, hopefully is soon.

P.S.(I forgot to post here on this thread, I posted on July filers.)

Good luck to everyone else! :)

When would you guys suggest putting together the documents the fiancé(e) will need for the interview? After receiving the hard copy NOA2? How old should the documents be on the interview date?

You can begin anytime in collect the documents but be sure to watch for "time sensitive" documents, that usually are posted with in the Embassy interview instructions. Yours can be found here for Morocco.

http://morocco.usembassy.gov/doc-checklist.html

HI everyone,

Late last night I decided to check the USCIS app and my email and all of the sudden I saw that my case had been approved by USCIS. It was the best feeling ever, I felt happy and so releived. Now the wait for the case to be transferred at NVC starts, hopefully is soon.

P.S.(I forgot to post here on this thread, I posted on July filers.)

Good luck to everyone else! :)

May I ask what "app" you are using. Thank you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

That's awesome! Congrats :)

Our Visa Journey (L) (See our Immigration timeline for a very detailed K-1 and AOS process)

Timeline

We're somewhat in the same boat. I'm the beneficiary so I'll be the one leaving however he's never met my family and friends (he will this October when he's visiting my country for the first time) so it's not exactly the same as in your situation however it's kind of the same when I tell my family about how amazing he is and that I want to marry him!

They've Skyped with him and they're friends on Facebook but that's it. It honestly must be weird for them seeing me apply for a fiancé visa with him when they've never met him or really gotten to know him. It sucks but like someone here mentioned; that's just a part of this journey.

I really wish they would be able to get to know him like his family will be able to get to know me :)

Edited by ckibs

USCIS Case Tracker and Searcher for iPhone.

By the way what is my next step in the process?

Thanks for the reply on the app.

Your next step is contingent on your Embassy instructions. Since I don't know what Embassy you are using, I'm sorry to say I can't be much help. You should include your country in your profile that way we can easily identify and address your question based on your Embassy.

I'm assuming it's Albania and if so then follow the steps as outlined for your Embassy. http://tirana.usembassy.gov/how_to_apply.html

Each Embassy has different requirements and may not be the same as others.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Congratz to everyone who got their Noa 2 !

Filed k1 - 08/20/2015

NOA1 - 08/25/2015

NOA2 - 9/17/2015

NVC Received - 10/14/2015

Send to Amsterdam - 10/16/2015

Amsterdam received - 10/19/2015

Packet 3 in the mail - 10/22/2015

Packet 4 in the mail - 11/3/2015

Medical - 11/23/2015

Interview !!!! - 12/3/2015 Approved !!!

POE - 12/15/2015 (finally)

Wedding 01/15/2016 !!

AOS!

Filed AOS - 03/15/2017

Noa 1 - 03/30/2017

Biometrics - 04/21/2017
RFE - 04/10/2017

Send RFE back - 06/18/2017

RFE Received (status changed) - 06/27/2017

EAD/AP Approved - 09/18/2017

Filed N400 (Naturalization) - 03/24/2024

rsz_waitisover1.jpg.e64ce44221da1246df04d25bf6a04bab.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

So odd, I just checked the iphone app again and SO MANY cases before and after our case number were already approved or an RFE was sent. I know the wait we have to deal with is nothing compared to some fellas who got stuck at the TSC months ago, but it's still weird to see our case being 'skipped' in the list (for now). VJ's estimation is saying I could start hearing back from them starting tomorrow. I guess we'll just wait and see.

Congrats to all of those who have received their NOA2 recently!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.