TL2016

August 2015 K-1 Filers [merged topics]

1,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Finally got an update today, the dreaded RFE. I'm not sure what it could be for. Is this common and something to worry about?

No, it's like TL said very common to get an RFE and it's usually something pretty simple that you can correct or provide quickly.

From what I could read, it seems people get their RFE hardcopy within 4 days of getting the email/update so you'll know soon enough.

At least now you know they're working on your case :) Good luck!

I'm worried we'll get an RFE too. We'll see!

Edited by ckibs

Our Visa Journey (L) (See our Immigration timeline for a very detailed K-1 and AOS process)

08/17/2015 - I-129F petition/packet sent off
12/17/2015 - Visa Interview in Sweden. We're APPROVED!!!
01/14/2016 - P.O.E. @ Newark International Airport
03/21/2016 - Got married @ town hall
03/22/2016 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent off
08/03/2016 - Became a Conditional Permanent Resident
05/07/2018 - ROC packet sent off

06/12/2019 - ROC approved (no RFE, no transfer, no interview)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks for the replies! There are so many emotions that come with this waiting period. It's comforting to know we're not in this alone.

flag%20Morocco.gifevent.pngMoving-picture-United-States-of-America-

event.png
K1 Visa Journey

I-129F Sent: July 27, 2015
NOA1 E-Notification: August 3, 2015
I-129F RFE:
August 29, 2015

NOA2: September 21,2015
NVC Case# Received: October 13, 2015
Embassy received case: October 16, 2015

Interview: December 30, 2015

Result: APPROVED

Visa in hand: January 5, 2016

Download the US Fiance Visa Framework K1 App

us-fiance-visa-framework-k1-10_479f4.png

IOS Devices
ANDROID Devices

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline

We got our NOA 2 yesterday at 7 pm PST time!

15 days, including weekends from NOA1 to NOA2!! Very excited!!!

Hi All,

I sent in our package on August 6, it was delivered August 11, and I received the email noa 1 on August 14, but the hardcopy of the noa 1 is dated August 13. The letter arrived August 21. I'm hoping to get the noa 2 this coming week sometime. It seems like while the CSC is processing faster, the nvc is processing slower right now, the July filers said to except from 30-40 days for nvc processing. Our wedding is January 1, I trust he will make it in time for that! Good luck to everyone!

Timeline

We got our NOA 2 yesterday at 7 pm PST time!

15 days, including weekends from NOA1 to NOA2!! Very excited!!!

That is awesome!! Congratulations! I still can't wrap my head around how fast CSC are working these days!

Our Visa Journey (L) (See our Immigration timeline for a very detailed K-1 and AOS process)

Timeline

Thanks for the replies! There are so many emotions that come with this waiting period. It's comforting to know we're not in this alone.

This is definitely a forum worth its weight in gold, don't know what I would have done without the support on here :)

Edited by ckibs

Timeline

Double post... sorry

Edited by ckibs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

just got our NOA2 hardcopy from the mail today :joy:

4 days after the NOA2 notice date

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/24/16 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/03/16 - Received text and email notification

3/04/16 - Check cashed

3/07/16 - I-797 hardcopy received

3/19/16 - Biometric scheduled received by mail

4/06/16 - I-485 online status changed to Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

4/15/16 - I-485 online status changed to INTERVIEW SCHEDULED

4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Hey guys !! Congratz to everyone who received noa2 !! Due to our delay (great job, fiancé) we only send our petition in last week ! (Still gotta update my timeline and such) but! We have noa1 since friday !! And I am very happy that they did not slow down yet on noa2s.

Filed k1 - 08/20/2015

NOA1 - 08/25/2015

NOA2 - 9/17/2015

NVC Received - 10/14/2015

Send to Amsterdam - 10/16/2015

Amsterdam received - 10/19/2015

Packet 3 in the mail - 10/22/2015

Packet 4 in the mail - 11/3/2015

Medical - 11/23/2015

Interview !!!! - 12/3/2015 Approved !!!

POE - 12/15/2015 (finally)

Wedding 01/15/2016 !!

AOS!

Filed AOS - 03/15/2017

Noa 1 - 03/30/2017

Biometrics - 04/21/2017
RFE - 04/10/2017

Send RFE back - 06/18/2017

RFE Received (status changed) - 06/27/2017

EAD/AP Approved - 09/18/2017

Filed N400 (Naturalization) - 03/24/2024

rsz_waitisover1.jpg.e64ce44221da1246df04d25bf6a04bab.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Almost Monday, hopefully more of you guys will get your NOA2 soon.

I have two questions though (for those who may know the answer already).

1. How do I find out when the CSC sent our petition to the NVC? Does the USCIS status update again or do I only get to find out if we call the NVC?

2. Is it really needed to call the NVC and get our case number? We're really in no rush at all as I don't want to go to the interview any earlier than January. So it doesn't matter if it 'slows down' the process for us by not calling them.

Timeline

1. How do I find out when the CSC sent our petition to the NVC? Does the USCIS status update again or do I only get to find out if we call the NVC?

2. Is it really needed to call the NVC and get our case number? We're really in no rush at all as I don't want to go to the interview any earlier than January. So it doesn't matter if it 'slows down' the process for us by not calling them.

I hope so too! :)

The USCIS will not contact you anymore, in fact from what I'm gathering even the NVC won't contact you. They will send off everything to the U.S. embassy in your country. The U.S. Embassy will then send off packet 3 containing what you'll need to bring for the interview.

A lot of people call the NVC to get their case numbers so they can track their process and know when the U.S. Embassy has received the packet sent from NVC. From my understanding you DON'T have to call the NVC however a lot of people do it either to speed up their process or because they know that the U.S. Embassy in their country will take their sweet time sending out packet 3 if not contacted. This is not the norm for all embassies though so it really depends on reviews from other people regarding their process.

If you're in no rush, it's perfectly fine to just let the process unfold. I personally would probably track down the case number either way :)

Hey guys !! Congratz to everyone who received noa2 !! Due to our delay (great job, fiancé) we only send our petition in last week ! (Still gotta update my timeline and such) but! We have noa1 since friday !! And I am very happy that they did not slow down yet on noa2s.

Yay! Congrats on receiving the NOA1 :)

Hooray!! We have been approved today!! Woooo!! Finally, God given us hope. Prayer is so powerful. But, guys what is NOA means? Hehe. And it says in our mail that the packet has been delivered on NVC and after USCIS created our record, etc. After 2 to 4 weeks processing I will then have an interview already for the visa.. Is that really the process? I mean, we thought we will be getting more documents and stuff. But, the mail has a notice period august till december.

Goodluck to us everyone!! Keep the love! So happy today wooo!!

7/31/2015 - I-129F sent

8/31/2015 - Notice approval received

1. If you have filled out G-1145 when you submitted your I-129F then you should have received a text message that it had been approved at which time it would be on it's way to NVC. About, 3-4 days travel. NVC will create your case number and then forward your documents on to your Embassy where your interview will take place. http://www.uscis.gov/node/41222

2. There is no requirement to get your case number early if you are not in a hurry to do your interview. Each Embassy processes their cases a little differently then another. I am most familiar with the process for the Philippines and their postal system is so antiquated and filled with thievery at every step of the way, that you can't trust receiving P3. Hence the calling to NVC to get the MNL# for the Philippines. I can't comment on other Embassy's.

There is a link in my signature below for registering with myUCIS which will give you updates for every approved form you submit. From your initial application till you naturalize there will be a means of tracking there. There is information there already on your file.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Hooray!! We have been approved today!! Woooo!! Finally, God given us hope. Prayer is so powerful. But, guys what is NOA means? Hehe. And it says in our mail that the packet has been delivered on NVC and after USCIS created our record, etc. After 2 to 4 weeks processing I will then have an interview already for the visa.. Is that really the process? I mean, we thought we will be getting more documents and stuff. But, the mail has a notice period august till december.

Goodluck to us everyone!! Keep the love! So happy today wooo!!

7/31/2015 - I-129F sent

8/31/2015 - Notice approval received

Yes that is really the process. You may not have an interview scheduled because now the interview process is in your hands. You go over to your Embassy's website and look for the "required documents" and "process" to keep the process moving.

A forum like this one is for initial bonding with others who are along the same timeline as you. Once you get your approval, you should move over to your sub-forum to get a better understanding of the process, and to get direct answers from those who have completed the steps you are about to for your Embassy.

Someone in this thread here, is applying for various Embassy's and there are different process for each. So what works in Russian, Philippines or UK may not work for the UAE.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline

Two questions as we prepare for our interview- there is no embassy specific info on here for us because the country is so little and no reviews have been filled out in the last few years...so posting here.

1. Do we need any case number to fill out the DS160- would we get that from the nvc? Or can I do now that I have received the noa 2?

2. Have people been refused for not having original documents at the interview, like the I-134 for example? Is it absolutely necessary for me to pay to DHL a packet to my fiancé?

Our timeline:

CSC

noa-1 8/13

noa-2 8/28

Two questions as we prepare for our interview- there is no embassy specific info on here for us because the country is so little and no reviews have been filled out in the last few years...so posting here.

1. Do we need any case number to fill out the DS160- would we get that from the nvc? Or can I do now that I have received the noa 2?

2. Have people been refused for not having original documents at the interview, like the I-134 for example? Is it absolutely necessary for me to pay to DHL a packet to my fiancé?

Our timeline:

CSC

noa-1 8/13

noa-2 8/28

1. Just the receipt number from your payment of the interview fee.

2. Unfortunately, the I-134 is a legal document and they require a "wet signature" to process. So DHL it is. Yes people have been refused. If this whole process is something that is worth it to you, pinching pennies (or what every your lowest monetary coin is in your country) is not what is advisable.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.