TL2016

August 2015 K-1 Filers [merged topics]

1,160 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

You can extend your interview date, as long as you have not taken your medical exam.

If nothing was found during the medical exam that would delay you, then you six months to interview and to be on USA soil.

The clock started ticking when you have your medical exam. Six months to be on USA soil.

If you have not completed your medical exam then you can extend your NOA2 date for interviewing. Up to a year, otherwise you have to start this process all over again including paying the fees.

Thank you, that's what I thought after reading other threads here on VJ. I actually haven't done anything yet since we've received our NOA2. My fiancée didn't even call the NVC yet because it doesn't matter to us when they send it to our embassy. I'm going to email the embassy in Germany just to make sure they know whats going on. I plan to take the medical exam in late July and go to the interview in early August. Technically that should give us enough time. Let's hope that nothing is wrong at the medical exam.

It's a bummer that we have to wait longer than expected to be together, but it is what it is.

Has anyone else recieved their case number from NVC yet? I call every day and they still don't have it. It's been 25 days since my NOA2 date (August 20) so I'm getting a bit worried. It should take no longer than a month even though they tell you otherwise over the phone.

Has anyone else recieved their case number from NVC yet? I call every day and they still don't have it. It's been 25 days since my NOA2 date (August 20) so I'm getting a bit worried. It should take no longer than a month even though they tell you otherwise over the phone.

If they gave you a window to when to expect your NOA2, I'm kind of scratching my head wondering why your say that "it shouldn't take longer than a month." Do you know something more then they do?

There is no rhyme or reason to what they do other than process the applications as there system allows. For one person it can be faster and for you may be slower, even though you both sent in your documents at the same time. Nobody and I mean nobody can tell you when you will get approved. So sit back, relax, take a deep breath as this entire process is a marathon and not a RACE.

I am not here to offend you, just telling it the way it is.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

The reason why I'm saying it shouldn't take longer than a month is because I've seen NUMEROUS topics on VJ indicating that the NVC will always tell you it takes "35, 45, even 90 days" for them to recieve your petition. They only tell you that because they're required to so you don't worry.

For a majority of people, it takes a month or less.

If it's starting to take more then a month and a few days, that's a problem. That could mean your petition got lost somewhere. You would then have to call NVC and talk to a supervisor about when your case was sent from USCIS and what's taking so long.

I'm only going by what I've read about on VJ from some users.

Obviously this isn't a race. I just want to make sure that my petition gets to NVC without getting lost or misplaced.

If NVC still doesn't get my petition by Friday, I'm going to have to request to speak to someone in tier 2 or a supervisor that can tell me more about where my case is. I'm also going to contact USCIS.

My biggest concern is my case getting lost or sent to the national records center (some workers from USCIS mistakingly have done that before), and that would require additional months of waiting.

I understand that there is a chance that USCIS could be a little behind and that's why I'm asking who else has recieved their case number. I've been keeping track and it seems like people that got their NOA2 August 15 or before, have already recieved their case number from USCIS last week. So I'm expecting NVC to get my case this week.

The reason why I'm saying it shouldn't take longer than a month is because I've seen NUMEROUS topics on VJ indicating that the NVC will always tell you it takes "35, 45, even 90 days" for them to recieve your petition. They only tell you that because they're required to so you don't worry.

For a majority of people, it takes a month or less.

If it's starting to take more then a month and a few days, that's a problem. That could mean your petition got lost somewhere. You would then have to call NVC and talk to a supervisor about when your case was sent from USCIS and what's taking so long.

I'm only going by what I've read about on VJ from some users.

Obviously this isn't a race. I just want to make sure that my petition gets to NVC without getting lost or misplaced.

If NVC still doesn't get my petition by Friday, I'm going to have to request to speak to someone in tier 2 or a supervisor that can tell me more about where my case is. I'm also going to contact USCIS.

My biggest concern is my case getting lost or sent to the national records center (some workers from USCIS mistakingly have done that before), and that would require additional months of waiting.

I understand that there is a chance that USCIS could be a little behind and that's why I'm asking who else has recieved their case number. I've been keeping track and it seems like people that got their NOA2 August 15 or before, have already recieved their case number from USCIS last week. So I'm expecting NVC to get my case this week.

When I filed 3 years ago it took in excess of 90 days between NOA1 and NOA2. Now some are getting them in one week. I think that's unfair. So what am I going to get for that lost time, nothing. It's just the way things work. I learned that really early in the process and so I was never disappointed or overly expecting something to happen on my schedule when after all it is their schedule I was hostage to.

Just stating what I see and I know that everyone wants theirs now. I understand that.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

After the stress of the NOAII approval stage, I am kind of wondering how stressed out I should be for the next stages. So I was wondering if I could share my time estimates with yall and see my time flow will get him here by Christmas!

I am lucky to have deal with the US embassy in India because they do all the forms online so no need to wait for our packet.

September:

While waiting for our case to process through NVC, we have mailed out our request for a PCC from Thailand, which should take about a month. We already have his Indian PCC and hoping to schedule the drs appointment by mid-November.

October:

Receive the case at embassy, fill out the ds-160, pay fee, schedule an interview, and start preparing affidavit of support.

November:

Send out affidavit of support, do the medical exam, bio-metrics and interview.

*Any advice if we should schedule the interview on thanksgiving week or make it the week before or after. **

December:

First couple of days receive the visa if approved and have his arrival a week before Christmas.

Does this time flow seem similar to y'all plans? Do I have the ability to go with the flow of letting things happen when they arrive or should I call every day to make sure that its gets done so that he gets here by Christmas?

The main reason I am starting to wonder about my time flow is because this visa process is starting to get on our nerves in our relationship. I worry about it so much that I bring it up too much in our conversations and I am kind of baby him by reminding him to get copies of things and repeating millions of times what needs to be done which is getting on his nerves but I just worry so much.

Well thanks y'all for being here because it has truly calmed my nerves that we are not the only people doing this and that this process is a marathon not a race like previous mentioned.

06/14/2015: Engaged!!!

07/07/2015: Left India for the USA...

08/13/2015: Priority mailed in I-129F to Texas LockBox.

08/13/2015: Started process on PCC for Guwahati, India.

08/17/2015: USCIS received I-129F petition.

08/19/2015: NOAI off to California Service Center!!

08/24/2015: NOAI receipt received.

08/25/2015: PCC received from Guwahati, India.

09/03/2015: NOAII Approval!!

09/04/2015: NOAII approval updated on website.

09/09/2015: NOAII received in mail.

09/24/2015: NVC received our case!

10/01/2015: Embassy receives case

10/15/2015: Sent out PCC for Thailand.

10/17/2015: Medical Exam.

...................: Received PCC from Thailand??

...................: Bio-metrics??

...................: Interview??

...................: POE somewhere on the east coast....

01/15/2016: Getting Married!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Extremely excited as we just received our NOA2 on September 14th!! We received our NOA1 on August 27th. So thankful for CSC and their fast processing! Any advice on what is needed in these next stages or what I can be doing while our case is being sent to NVC?

Sara, since you recieved your NOA2, you should start filing the affidavit of support right away and have it sent to your fiancé as soon as you complete it. Also, have your fiancé start gathering the required documents for the interview.

That will move your process along much faster! You can get him here by November, possibly.

My fiancé and got our NOA2 August 20 and the NVC received it today. It will probably get to the embassy next week. I already sent him the affidavit of support and he's collected all the required documents for the interview. All that's left is the medical exam and then we're ready to fill out the DS 160 and schedule the interview. We're estimating for him to have his interview early-mid October if everything goes as planned.

Best of luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

After weeks of waiting we finally got our NVC# and our case was mailed out yesterday to the London embassy.

I was beginning to worry, but it's all worked itself out. Now we're just hoping for a speedy interview and he'll be here by December.

After weeks of waiting we finally got our NVC# and our case was mailed out yesterday to the London embassy.

I was beginning to worry, but it's all worked itself out. Now we're just hoping for a speedy interview and he'll be here by December.

Congats. Is CSC approving cases in just weeks? I've the NOA date of sept 3rd. I wonder how much more time we will have to wait :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Checked today and my case was finally approved.

Received NOA2 20 days after receiving my NOA1. Not bad at all.

8/20/2015 - Mailed out I-129F

8/24/2015 - Arrived at lockbox (actually arrived on the 22nd but I guess they don't pick up on saturdays)

8/27/2015- NOA1 e-mail and text notification. Sent to CSC,

9/1/2015 - NOA1 hard copy by mail.

9/15/2015- NOA2 exactly 2 weeks after I received NOA1 hard copy by mail.

10/2/2015- NVC Received my case.

10/9/2015- NVC Sent out my case to Guayaquil embassy.

10/13/2015- Case Status : Ready

11/5/2015 - Medical Exam

11/10/2015- Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

We sent our the 14th and received an email the 20th of noa1, unfortunately till not no approval or rfe. But I notice that many before and after us have been approved on the app. Really starting to worry. ??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Checked today and my case was finally approved.

Received NOA2 20 days after receiving my NOA1. Not bad at all.

Congrats man. Did you notice any changes or updates before you were approved?

im 4 days behind you fingers crossed

K1 Visa Journey

I-129F Sent: August 28, 2015

I-129F Received: August 31st, 2015

NOA1 E-Notification: September 4th, 2015

NOA1 Hard Copy: September 8th, 2015

NOA2 E-Notification: September 28th, 2015

NOA2 Hard Copy: October 2nd, 2015

NVC received: October 22nd, 2015

NVC case#: October 23rd, 2015

At Embassy: November 2nd, 2015

Packet 3: November 4th, 2015

Medical: November 5th, 2015

Interview: November 19th, 2015

Immigrant AP: November 19th, 2015

Non-immigrant READY: December 8th, 2015

Non-immigrant AP: December 10th, 2015 (for 1min)

ISSUED: December 10th, 2015

POE: December 12th, 2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

We sent our the 14th and received an email the 20th of noa1, unfortunately till not no approval or rfe. But I notice that many before and after us have been approved on the app. Really starting to worry. ??

Within what time frame was your VJ estimate?

Ours is between September 13 and 17. We haven't heard anything yet either.

Edited by ckibs

Our Visa Journey (L) (See our Immigration timeline for a very detailed K-1 and AOS process)

08/17/2015 - I-129F petition/packet sent off
12/17/2015 - Visa Interview in Sweden. We're APPROVED!!!
01/14/2016 - P.O.E. @ Newark International Airport
03/21/2016 - Got married @ town hall
03/22/2016 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent off
08/03/2016 - Became a Conditional Permanent Resident
05/07/2018 - ROC packet sent off

06/12/2019 - ROC approved (no RFE, no transfer, no interview)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I was checking the app at least 10 times a day. This morning it was still saying "received". On my way home from work I opened it up and bam.. approved on 9/15/2015.

I still haven't received the text or e-mail notification.

8/20/2015 - Mailed out I-129F

8/24/2015 - Arrived at lockbox (actually arrived on the 22nd but I guess they don't pick up on saturdays)

8/27/2015- NOA1 e-mail and text notification. Sent to CSC,

9/1/2015 - NOA1 hard copy by mail.

9/15/2015- NOA2 exactly 2 weeks after I received NOA1 hard copy by mail.

10/2/2015- NVC Received my case.

10/9/2015- NVC Sent out my case to Guayaquil embassy.

10/13/2015- Case Status : Ready

11/5/2015 - Medical Exam

11/10/2015- Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.