markadrian25

B1/B2 visa application of my 21 year old unmarried son was denied. Wants to apply again next month?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello there, I'm on J-1 visa working as a high school teacher here in LA for a year now. I have my wife and two children (ages 14 and 17) here with me as my J-2 dependents, they've been here with me for 6 months now. My son who is in my home country and currently at age 21, he is in his final year of college. He's living with my parents, (ages 73 and 77). They all applied for B1/B2 visa yesterday at the Embassy. Luckily, my parents were approved but unfortunately, my son was denied. The Consul focused on the case of my son. He was told as they approached the window that he'll have a difficulty in applying for a Tourist visa because of my case as a non-immigrant worker here in the US. My parents were not asked, not even a single question. No documents were asked except passports. What can he do to improve his chance on getting a tourist visa? He is a full-time college student and has no work. Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

With his entire family in the U.S. - well, that is a tough immigrant intent to overcome.

Did he show letters from his college about tuition payments already made for the next semester or expected enrollment dates?

What about having him get a job that is contingent upon him returning from the U.S?

Good luck, sorry about the denial but then again I'm not surprised

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Sorry but it looks like you are trying to bring the entire family to the US possibly with the intent of not leaving. He will need super strong ties to his country to obtain a tourist visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Job wife children all come to mind

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Owning property in Canada, a job, savings account

all are required

show tuition is paid and he expects to return to Canada

or just have him apply to US for employment after graduation and go that route

anyone speaking multiple languages is needed in US if he has that to add to resume

good luck as I remember the days we passed over the border with no passport and often drove to Canada for breakfast after a night with college freinds

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Owning property in Canada, a job, savings account

all are required

show tuition is paid and he expects to return to Canada

or just have him apply to US for employment after graduation and go that route

anyone speaking multiple languages is needed in US if he has that to add to resume

good luck as I remember the days we passed over the border with no passport and often drove to Canada for breakfast after a night with college freinds

Op is from the Philippines not Canada

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Canadians do not need visas,

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Canadians do not need visas,

So true. :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Old people from Philippines usually get tourist visas.

You can have you son travel to Singapore to show proof he will return back to his home country.

But in reality it probably gonna be a long shot for him to get granted a Tourist Visa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

My parents were denied when they applied twice in a short period of time. They waited for a year and they got it. I heard that if one is denied in the past 6 months, new application = automatic denial. ( this is hearsay )

Edited by Maria2012

Adjusting from B1/B2
Day 1 01/22/2013 AOS package sent
Day 67 03/29/ 2013 Greencard Arrived .

Eligible for ROC December 21st 2014

Day 001 12/22/2014 ROC package sent to CSC

Day 154 05/24/2015 Greencard arrived with SOMEONE ELSE'S PICTURE AND SIGNATURE

Day 409 02/04/2016 New card production

Eligible for citizenship January 5th 2016- 3 year rule

Day 1 01/04/2016 N-400 Mailed to Phoenix

Day 9 01/13/2016 check cashed/ case accepted

Day22 01/25/2016 Biometric letter for 02/03 ( early bio 01/28)

Day 196 Interview Letter received 07/18/2016

Day 224 Interview 08/15/2016 + same day oath+ same day passport application.

I AM A US CITIZEN!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.