workin4somethin

Hello to Everyone! (from a newbie)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello to everyone!

I am Andrew, and my wife is Ksenia. I’m in Arkansas, and she resides in Korolev, a Moscow suburb.

I first visited Russia a couple times in 2004, and what I experienced there simply grabbed my interest. I originally visited to see about outsourcing some jobs to that part of the world. I did, actually, discover some reliable business resources there; however, after returning home, I couldn’t escape the enormous attraction I had from my initial visit. It was exciting and eye-opening. And, too, there was a bit of a personal revelation as well.

Ksenia and I first met, electronically, in November 2004. I spent 6 weeks in Russia with her during on a couple of visits during 2005, and we wed in a civil ceremony on November 29, 2005. I’ve been back there twice already this year.

You know how it is… you’re 5000 miles from the love of your life, and every day you yearn to be together. Well, that’s how it is for me.

We originally considered applying for a K-1 visa for Ksenia and K-2 for her kids. After considerable thought and a little research, we decided to go ahead and get married as soon as possible. It seemed to us that Ksenia and her kids would better benefit from the experience of preparing themselves for life in the USA. Perhaps we are correct – only God knows. So I just now (March 10, 2006) mailed the I-130 packet to the USCIS in Dallas, and our “visa journey” begins.

If there are any Russian spouses, who read this, Ksenia is open to communicating with those who have made a comfortable move to the USA. Just let me know.

One of our biggest concerns is the education of her daughters after they arrive here. They are age 9 and 13. Any insight in this regard would be greatly appreciated…

In case anyone out there wishes to learn some conversational Russian, without actual traditional classroom lessons, I wouldn’t use the Primsleur Method. I did just that and later found out that many of the terms were inaccurately taught. I don’t know a great deal of the Russian language, but I would recommend Rosetta Stone (based on reliable resources).

In case you’ve become bored reading this… I guess that’s all for now.

:)

I wish to thank the Academy for… (Oops!) – wrong speech.

I wish to thank all the other users of this site!!!

from Andrew

Welcome to VJ and best luck for your journey

PARENTS JOURNEY

Dec 10 - sent I130 for Mom & Dad

Jan- Recd NOA1

Feb- Recd RFE for missing BC

Mar- Recd RFE for missing BC

Apr- NOA2 Case approved

May- NVC case #

May- paid $88 AOS FEE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Welcome to VJ and wishing you a smooth process.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

welcome to vj! wishing you a speedy process!

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Privet.....welcome to vj

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Welcome and good luck!

AOS & EAD:

10/13/2006 - sent AOS and EAD documents

10/18/2006 - NOA1

11/02/2006 - biometrics appointment in Santa Ana

01/05/2007 - interview appointment in Santa Ana - APPROVED!!!

01/16/2007 - greencard in mail

01/22/2007 - EAD card in mail (well, thank you very much)

javatar1.jpgjavbw2.jpgjavbw4.jpgjavbw1.jpg

avbw1.jpgavbw3.jpgavbw2.jpgavbw4.jpg

Jonnie & Sandra

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

hello and welcome to VJ! best of luck to you! :thumbs::star:

Adjustment of Status

July 1 2006 - Sent EAD & AOS packet

Sept 19 2006 - EAD APPROVED

Sept 22 2006 - AOS APPROVED

Sept 23 2006 - EAD card arrived

Sept 29 2006 - GC arrived!!!

Removal of Conditions

Jul 9 2008 - Filed @ VSC

Feb 25 2009 - Transferred to CSC

June 20 2009 - Card production ordered

NATURALIZATION

Aug 24 2009 - Mailed N-400 priority mail

Aug 26 2009 - rec'd at TX Lockbox

Aug 27 2009 - NOA1 (rec'd 8/31)

Aug 28 2009 - check cashed

Sept 4 2009 - biometrics notice [rec'd Sept 9]

Sept 25 2009 - Biometrics

Oct 17 2009 - Email about file transfer for interview

Oct 21 2009 - Interview Letter Rec'd

Dec 8 2009 - Interview - PASSED!!!!!!

Dec 19 2009 - Oath Letter rec'd

Jan 14 2010 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!

Jan 15 2010 - Passport app.

Jan 21 2010 - Nat. cert. returned

Jan 22 2010 - Passport rec'd

Good luck with it! In a kind of weird twist, I'll hopefully be headed to... Arkansas! (from Australia of all places hehe)

The Beginning

September 29th, 1999 - 'hooked' up with Dave after chatting with him for about a year online.

October 23rd, 2004 - September 29th, 5 years to the day, he proposed to me =D

July 23rd, 2005 - Dave comes over for the wedding on July 27th at the beach :)

Sometime in December, he sends off I-130 to Texas and promptly leaves me in the dark like a mushroom x.X...

The Saga Continues *dumdeduuummm*

August - phone NVC. intriguing :\ Phoned again, ah hah! the truth... no record of us >< losers... Go and visit Dave for 3 months...

End of January, we sent the petition back in again. 2 weeks later, we actually get a number in our hot little hands.

April 5th - NOA2 approved!

April sometime, received and sent back Choice of Agent

May 18th - Received IV Bill

May 28th - Sent IV Bill MO back

June 11th - DS-230 generated

July 12th - Received and sent back DS-230 packet

July 19th - NVC Sent Husband checklist of AoS. They forgot to fill in N/A fills with.... N/A x.X

July 23rd - DS-230 entered

July 26th - NVC received checklist regarding financial suppliment (ie, got a talking to on the phone :P)

August 1st - sent financial papers back

August 3rd - (Automatic msg) Financial records lacking! ARGH!~

August 7th - Received actual fixed paperwork - 'processing'

August 17th - NVC COMPLETED CASE!~

September 10th - Received packet 3

September 17th - Medical in Brisbane

November 14th - Interview VISA GRANTED

December 8th - Landed in USA

December 24th - GreenCard Arrives

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...