Jump to content

K-1 Divorce help

33 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

i entered the US on a K1 visa to marry my husband on jan 14th we married on jan 21st, recently he has made his intentions clear to divorce me i feel he has been seeing someone else. i am worried about this and attempts to rekindle are not working. we have not completed the adjustment of status process yet. i have little money, nowhere to stay if he asks me to leave, cannot work, cannot even afford to get home. I need some advice on the legality of this i know because he is my k1 sponsor he has some obligigation to support me, i wish to know about this in detail and whether divorce changes this. any help or information websites would be very much appreciated, im very run down right now

thank you


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The I134 for the sponsorship is not legally binding - I do not believe.

Your status is tied to him, with out him you'll lose your status and cannot stay in the US.

Have you filed the Adjustment of Status forms?

Good luck

August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2

February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete

May 4, 2009

May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011


April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony


September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The I 134 is not enforceable, only if you had adjusted status would there be an enforceable issue but that does not mean he has to support you.

Time to get out the credit card and buy a ticket home. After 90 days you are no longer here legally and for example would not be able to use the VWP in future.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your only choice is to go home, you are out of status. He is under no obligation to support you, even if you had adjusted status the affidavit of support is a contract with the government, not with you. Sorry about your situation, it's a long and difficult process only to get here and get a divorce almost immediately.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have much to add to this, but I just don't get how someone can spend all the time and money to bring some over on a K-1, then marry, then decide to divorce in a short time. :(

You are currently accruing overstay, though it would be forgiven if you were to file AOS. But since you haven't, it puts you in a difficult situation. Best course of action is to divorce and to return back to your home country. You will likely be granted some concessions during the divorce, such as asking for a return ticket home.

I am sorry that you are going through this..

she can and should go home before the divorce is final, her ex can send the papers to the UK for her to sign. The longer she stays, the longer she will accrue more days in overstay.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so sorry that your dream has turned into a nightmare. I really think you need to ascertain your husbands intentions and if he wants a divorce then if he is any sort of a gentleman he should pay for your fare home.

If you don't have the money and your husband will not pay then it may be worth a call to the UK consulate to discuss your options. Here is a link to the office in New York. https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-consulate-general-new-york

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your overstay starts after 90 days but would be forgiven if you then file for AOS. If that doesn't happen, you plain and simply overstayed when it comes to your status.

Since your husband is talking divorce, he probably doesn't plan on filing for AOS, so to avoid trouble traveling to the U.S. in the future, I'd leave as soon as possible.

So, even if you two were staying together, your husband would have waited that long to file for you? Leaving you with nothing, no ability to travel and work? That is not even remotely cool unless there is a very good reason.

Seems like you are much better off without him.

Sorry he is putting you in this situation.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 recieved visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline


12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transfered to California Service Center

2/26/2007 EAD recieved!

7/20/2007 filed for AP

8/20/2007 AP recieved

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/20/2008 card production ordered---no interview!!!

03/24/2008 Welcome letter arrived

03/27/2008 my GREENCARD arrived!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!! No more USCIS for about two years!:-))

Removal of Conditions

02/02/2010 filed I-751

02/19/2010 check cashed

02/22/2010 NOA1

05/15/2010 touched

06/10/2010 online update:card production ordered

06/17/2010 approval letter in mail

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

As noted above, you don't really have any rights to support or to stay. You've already overstayed your permitted stay; once you hit 180 days of overstay, you will be subject to a 3-yr ban of entry and at 365 days subject to a 10-yr ban of entry, in case you're concerned about returning to the US in the future.

It may be worthwhile agreeing to cooperate with a no-fault, uncontested divorce if he agrees to provide you with a return flight. He doesn't need to, but will cost him a little more in terms of time and money to proceed with the divorce without you signing the necessary documents, but it's your best shot in terms of getting some assistance from him. Leave as soon as you can manage; documents can be sent via post and signed from your home country.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

i entered the US on a K1 visa to marry my husband on jan 14th we married on jan 21st, recently he has made his intentions clear to divorce me i feel he has been seeing someone else. i am worried about this and attempts to rekindle are not working. we have not completed the adjustment of status process yet. i have little money, nowhere to stay if he asks me to leave, cannot work, cannot even afford to get home. I need some advice on the legality of this i know because he is my k1 sponsor he has some obligigation to support me, i wish to know about this in detail and whether divorce changes this. any help or information websites would be very much appreciated, im very run down right now

thank you


Your only choice is to buy a plane ticket and go home. Good luck.

Edited by YouAndMeForever

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is everyone saying that she overstayed?

You can't know this unless you know whether or not she filed for the AOS. All she says about it is "we have not completed the adjustment of status process yet"

If she filed for the AOS, then she has not overstayed.

If she did not file, then she is accruing days of overstay.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

First, sorry to hear the news, but it's better to be out of unhappy marriage in the long run.

Second, you gave up everything in UK to join your husband in US, therefore, it would be

really really awful for him to minimally not help you return back to UK.

Third, unless your husband is dirt poor, you are entitled to some settlement from him.

So just as he is exercising his right to divorce, you can also fully exercise your right to receive

all you can from him. Also read the following on divorce related FAQ for state of Missouri.

Note that there is 90 day residency rule, and another 30 day waiting period for divorce.

And with immigration status in limbo, I think it's important to speak to a divorce attorney ASAP

to see how divorce can proceed without your presence. Many divorce attorneys provide

free first time (15 to 30 minutes or so) consultation.

Good luck.


Missouri Divorce Law Frequently Asked Questions Contact Cutrera Law Offices

Most clients have a number of questions about their divorce. We have compiled the most frequently asked questions and have given general answers to them as a way to help you fully understand some of the more common issues in a dissolution of marriage.

  1. What are the grounds for divorce in Missouri?
    Missouri has limited “no fault” divorce, making it unnecessary to prove cruelty, adultery, etc, to obtain a dissolution. The usual ground is irreconcilable differences with your spouse. In a few cases it may be appropriate to allege other grounds.
  2. What is a dissolution?
    Missouri uses the term “dissolution of marriage” instead of “divorce.”
  3. How long must I be a resident of Missouri to get a dissolution?
    You or your spouse must have been a resident of Missouri for the 90 days immediately preceding filing the petition for a dissolution.
  4. Is there a waiting period to get the dissolution?
    No dissolution can be granted until at least 30 days after a Petition for Dissolution has been filed. Generally, however, you must wait 30 days from the date the other spouse officially receives a copy of the petition.
  5. How does my spouse learn about the dissolution?
    After the petition is filed, the spouse must receive proper notification. There are several ways to accomplish this. A process server can deliver a copy of the petition to the spouse. This is called “Service” on the Spouse. Another way is to have the spouse sign a document called an Entry of Appearance and Waiver. An Entry of Appearance acknowledges receipt of the Petition and eliminates the requirement of having someone officially hand the papers to the spouse.
  6. Can we both use one lawyer?
    A lawyer cannot ethically represent competing interests. A dissolution necessarily involves some matters which benefit one spouse and are a detriment the other. Therefore, an attorney can only represent one person in a dissolution.
  7. What should I do about credit cards?
    If you hold joint credit cards, or the account is held in your name and your spouse is entitled to use the account, then you are still liable for all charges made. If you believe that this will be a problem and that your spouse may run up a large balance on such an account, then you should call us to discuss this situation, and we will determine whether or not you should contact all credit card companies to close the account or limit the persons entitled to use the account.
  8. What does “uncontested” dissolution mean?
    An “uncontested” dissolution is when both spouses agree to all aspects of custody, visitation, support, division of property, debt payment and attorney fees. If one spouse disputes any of these matters and an agreement is not eventually reached, a trial will be necessary.
  9. How do I find out if my spouse has hidden money?
    The law provides numerous tools to locate assets; however, finding hidden money can be a daunting task. Depositions, Interrogatories and Production of Documents requests are the most common tools used to discover assets. The Court requires submission of complete financial information regarding the assets and debts of the marriage so that the judge can make an intelligent decision regarding the division of these assets and debts, if the spouses cannot agree on how to divide them. Detailed information is also necessary with a written agreement so that the property can be specifically and accurately described in the agreement.
  10. What about a court date?
    In the “typical case,” your case will be heard in the Circuit Court 60 to 90 days after it is filed. The absolute minimum is 31 days. We will do everything possible to have your case heard as soon as possible. You do not need character witnesses. Appropriate dress should always be worn when you are appearing in court. We will advise you well in advance of court dates and locations. You must not be late when going to court!
  11. When is the dissolution final?
    A dissolution is final on the date the Judgment of Dissolution is signed by the Judge.
  12. What about dating while the divorce is pending?
    You are married until your marriage is dissolved by the judge. You may seriously jeopardize your case by even “seeing” another man or woman. We recommend you refrain from dating.
  13. What is Maintenance?
    Maintenance is money paid by a spouse to a former spouse to assist in the support of the ex-spouse. This was formerly called “alimony.” Maintenance can be “contractual” — that is in an amount and for a length of time agreed to by you and your spouse. The maintenance can also be ordered by the Judge without a spouse’s agreement. Such maintenance terminates on the death of either spouse, or the marriage of the receiving spouse. It can be modifiable or non-modifiable and can be for a set number of months or years. There are no mandatory guidelines or charts to determine how much maintenance is appropriate. Generally, maintenance is taxable to the spouse who receives it and deductible by the paying spouse.
  14. How do we divide the property?
    There is no fixed way to determine how to divide the property. Missouri has two major categories of property in a dissolution context: marital and non-marital. These types of property are established by statute and interpreted and analyzed by various appellate Court decisions.
    1. Nonmarital property is all property:
    2. Acquired by gift, bequest, devise or descent;
    3. Acquired in exchange for property acquired prior to the marriage or in exchange for property acquired by gift, bequest, devise or descent;
    4. Acquired by a spouse after a decree of legal separation;
    5. Excluded by valid agreement of the parties; and
    6. The increase in the value of property acquired prior to the marriage or pursuant to 1 through 4 above unless marital assets including labor have contributed to such increases and then only to the extent of such contributions. (Section 452.330.2 RSMo. 1988)

    Marital property is all property acquired during the marriage except by the means described as nonmarital above. In Missouri the increase in value of non-marital property is considered nonmarital; however, income such as interest or dividends earned on non marital property is marital. The Court cannot award nonmarital property to the other spouse.

    1. The Court divides the marital property in a manner that is just and equitable based on the following: Asst. Youth Director & Guest Services
    2. The economic circumstances of each spouse at the time the division of property becomes effective, including the desirability of awarding the family home or the right to live in it for reasonable periods to the spouse having custody of the children;
    3. The contribution of each spouse to the acquisition of the marital property, including the contribution of a spouse as homemaker;
    4. The value of the nonmarital property of each spouse;
    5. The conduct of the parties during the marriage;
    6. Custodial arrangements for minor children;
    7. Any other relevant factors.

    If the spouses agree on a division and if the agreement is reasonable, the Court generally approves it. If the spouses can’t agree, the Court will divide the property. Before discussing division with a spouse, it is important to know what all the assets are and the value of each. For example, many persons misunderstand the value of their pension or how much money they would receive for their house if it sold. Debts must also be considered in arriving at a fair division of property. Tax considerations often affect the fairness of a division as well. For example, the capital gains on assets such as stock should be calculated when offsetting against an asset such as a bank account which can be liquidated with no capital gains.
  15. What happens to joint debts?
    The Missouri statute which requires the Court to divide marital property does not mention debts. The Court may assess responsibility for the debts between the spouses but is not required to do so. Even if your spouse agrees to pay a joint debt or the judge orders the spouse to pay the joint debt, that liability remains a joint obligation to the creditor. Neither the agreement nor the order binds the creditor who can sue one spouse if the other doesn’t pay. An important consideration regarding joint debts is that if a spouse agrees to pay the debt, or the Court orders it paid, the other spouse will still be responsible for the debt if it is not paid. If this should ever happen, the former spouse could be sued to collect the money the other spouse had to pay. When the creditor loaned the money to both spouses, he relied on the joint income and has the right to collect from either spouse. Occasionally, a bank will let a spouse refinance a loan and remove the other spouse’s name, but this is rare unless the spouse has sufficient separate financial resources.
  16. Can my spouse discharge child support in bankruptcy?
    Generally, maintenance and child support obligations are not dischargeable in bankruptcy. Under the current bankruptcy law sometimes joint debts which one spouse agrees to pay are dischargeable.
  17. What if my spouse injured me?
    In certain circumstances a spouse may have a cause of action in tort against the other spouse for actions during the marriage. These include claims such as battery and assault. These matters are separate actions from the dissolution. The Court does, however, consider misconduct in dividing property and awarding maintenance.
  18. What if my spouse and I agree how we want to divide our assets?
    Most dissolutions are settled, not tried by a judge. This means the parties eventually reach an agreement which the attorney drafts into what is called a Marital Settlement and Separation Agreement. The judge must find that the agreement is “not unconscionable” which means not grossly unfair.
  19. What is a Marital Settlement and Separation Agreement?
    In most dissolutions, the parties reach an agreement on the important issues regarding their children. The Marital Settlement and Separation Agreement typically has provisions regarding the children such as custody, time sharing arrangements, health insurance, medical expenses, life insurance and possibly income tax exemptions and educational expenses. If the parties don’t agree, a judge decides the issues often after required mediation on the custody and time sharing issues.
  20. What is a Parenting Plan?
    In order to encourage parents to think about the issues involving their children as early in the divorce process as possible, the law now requires that each party file a “Parenting Plan.” At the time of the filing of their first pleading, initially, each party proposes how he or she feels that major issues should be handled. A typical Parenting Plan includes provisions regarding custody, visitation, holidays and summer vacations, pick-up and delivery, moving away, child support and payment of other expenses, health insurance and mediation. During the divorce process the final terms of a Parenting Plan are negotiated. It is very similar to the “joint custody plan” that we used to file except that now we file it even when sole custody is sought.
  21. What should I tell the children about the divorce?
    Marital problems are extremely difficult for the children. Do yourself and your children a favor by not “poisoning the minds” of your children. Do not dwell on your spouse’s faults! Realize from the beginning that children and/or visitation privileges are not tools for bargaining in a dissolution case — don’t use them as threats. There are many good books at the library and in book stores that will help you discuss your divorce with your children.
  22. Should we get counseling?
    Good counselors are available. We can recommend one to you. Whether the counseling helps keep the marriage together or helps you, your spouse and your children to get through a dissolution with the least trauma, it is generally worth the effort.
  23. Will I have to go to Parenting Classes and participate in Mediation?
    Local Court Rules require that in all cases where custody or visitation is to be dealt with that both parents attend a parenting class. The title of the class varies from county to county but the purpose of the program is to help make parents aware of the trauma that children go through as a result of their divorce and to provide parents guidelines for easing the hurt to their children. There is a small cost involved in attending a parenting class. It is in addition to the court costs and your attorney’s fees. You should sign up for the appropriate class after filing your first pleading. In addition to the parenting classes, the court rules require a minimum of two hours of mediation. This, too, carries a small charge. It is designed to help you resolve disputes more quickly, efficiently and economically than through long, protracted and mean spirited litigation.
  24. What is meant by joint custody?
    1. By statute there are several forms of custody in Missouri:
    2. Joint Legal Custody means both parents share all the important decision making rights and responsibilities and authority regarding the child’s health, education and welfare unless those decisions are allocated differently by order of the judge. By Statute, this is preferred. Joint Legal Custody requires the parents to confer with each other in exercising the decision-making. A “plan” for joint legal custody must be included in the Court order delineating how decisions will be shared. It should include provisions for dispute resolution, such as mediation.
    3. Joint Physical Custody means both parents have significant periods of time during which a child resides with or in under his or her care and supervision. Joint Physical Custody must be shared in such a way as to assure the child of frequent and meaningful contact with both parents. Joint physical custody does not require equal sharing of time.
    4. Sole Custody means one parent makes all the decisions regarding the child and the child lives primarily with that parent. The time the child spends with the other parent is referred to as temporary custody or visitation. These forms of custody can be in different combinations. For example, a parent could have sole legal custody and joint physical custody or sole physical and joint legal custody.
  25. How do we split the time with the children?
    Arrangements regarding how you and your spouse divide the time with your children are spelled out in detail in a Parenting Plan. Aspects of time sharing must be specific whether one parent is the sole custodian or a joint physical custody arrangement is used. The advantages and disadvantages to each approach to custody depend on the ages of your children, your relationship with your spouse, the distance between the homes and many other factors. Holidays, summers, out-o(town trips, school year issues, transportation, bedtimes, etc. must all be considered in setting up a plan. These decisions will significantly affect your future lifestyle.
  26. Who pays child support?
    Child support is money paid by one parent to the other for support of the minor children. Even if a parent has joint custody, one parent will likely pay some child support.
  27. How does a divorced spouse qualify for benefits?
    A person can receive benefits as a divorced spouse on a former spouse’s Social Security record if he or she:
    • Was married to the former spouse for at least 10 years;
    • Is at least age 62 years old;
    • Is unmarried; and
    • Is not entitled to a higher Social Security benefit on his or her own record.

    In addition, the former spouse must be entitled to receive his or her own retirement or disability benefit. If the former spouse is eligible for a benefit, but has not yet applied for it, the divorced spouse can still receive a benefit if he or she meets eligibility requirements above and has been divorced from the former spouse for at least two years.

    Generally, we cannot pay benefits if the divorced spouse remarries someone other than the former spouse, unless the latter marriage ends (whether by death, divorce, or annulment), or the marriage is to a person entitled to certain types of Social Security auxiliary or survivor’s benefits.

    A person can receive benefits as a surviving divorced spouse on Social Security record of a former spouse who died fully insured, if he or she:

    • Is at least age 60, or age 50 and disabled;
    • Was married to the former spouse for at least 10 years; and
    • Is not entitled to a higher Social Security benefit on his or her own record.

    If the surviving divorced spouse age 60 or over applying for benefits remarried after age 60, or after age 50 and at the time of remarriage was entitled to disability benefits, we disregard the marriage. If a person is already entitled to benefits as an aged or disabled surviving divorced spouse and remarries, benefits continue regardless of the person’s age at the time of remarriage.

    The benefits paid to a divorced spouse or a surviving divorced spouse will not affect the benefit amount paid to the other family members who receive benefits on the same record.

    If you would like to receive an estimate of benefits you may receive as a divorced spouse or a surviving divorced spouse, you may contact our representatives at our toll-free number, 1-800-722-1213. They may be able to provide you with this information over the telephone. If you prefer, you may visit one of our offices. You can get the address and directions to your nearest office from the Social Security Office Locator that is available on the Internet.
Edited by DualityOneness

10-04-2013 We met online
11-21-2013 We met in person in Shanghai for 2 weeks

12-13-2013 I-129F packet sent via express

12-19-2013 USCIS NOA #1 (text and email) received

12-24-2013 USCIS assigns Alien Registration Number
12-31-2013 USCIS NOA #1 hard copy received
06-02-2014 USCIS web site shows NOA #2 approval
06-06-2014 USCIS web site shows case sent to NVC

06-xx-2014 Fiancee acquired birth, marriage, and police certificates from local police station (wrong)

06-16-2014 NVC creates case with GUZ### number

06-19-2014 NVC sends case sent to Guangzhou, China
06-24-2014 Received packet 3 express mail from embassy
06-25-2014 Completed DS-160 and paid K1 visa fee

06-26-2014 Mailed packet 3 response back to Embassy

06-26-2014 Requested police certificate from Russian embassy

07-08-2014 Received packet 4 email from Embassy

07-17-2014 Picked up Russian police certificate

07-25-2014 Fiancee medical exam (received MMR & Varicella, but they missed required TD shot)

07-31-2014 Picked up medical exam reports

08-01-2014 Request (correct) birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service (GongZhengChu)

08-06-2014 Picked up birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service

08-14-2014 Passed Interview Guangzhou embassy

09-01-2014 Received passport, visa, & sealed envelope

09-13-2014 POE

09-17-2014 Went to CBP office to get (US entry) I-94 updated correctly

09-18-2014 Applied for Social Security Card
09-19-2014 Applied for Marriage License (via online)
09-25-2014 Received Social Security Card
09-30-2014 Picked up Marriage License
10-09-2014 Marriage by Justice of Peace
10-09-2014 Got Certified Marriage Certificate Copies
10-17-2014 Received a letter from SS office that they need the marriage license
10-09-2014 Applied to change the social security card name
10-24-2014 Went back to SS office to provide the marriage certificate documents again!!!
12-09-2014 Submitted AOS, EAD, and AP
12-16-2014 Received 16 emails and 16 text NOA messages
01-05-2015 Received Biometrics appointment letter for (01-12-2015)
01-12-2015 Had Biometrics (fingerprint & picture) - Required Marriage Certificate!!!
02-17-2015 EAD and AP is approved
02-23-2015 Received AP is approval letter
02-25-2015 Received EAD/AP combo card (expires 02/16/2016)
02-27-2015 Applied for SS card name change (they took her SS card)
02-27-2015 Driver's learner permit test was denied since the SS card was given to SS office for name change
03-17-2015 Received SS card with married name
03-17-2015 Started to change all her accounts to married name
03-23-2015 Received potential interview waiver letter
03-27-2015 DMV rejects learner's permit due to "legal status=pending" and vision test failure
04-05-2015 Vision test for learner's permit
04-06-2015 DPS sent us letter that DHS cleared my wife's status to acquire driver's license.
04-10-2015 Passed Driver Learner's Permit
04-22-2015 Received Driver Learner's Permit ID card (expires 02/16/2016)
08-27-2015 Green Card approved
08-31-2015 Received Green Card "Welcome Notice Was Mailed" letter
09-05-2015 Received Green card
10-26-2015 Passed Driver's License Road Test (on 3rd attempt)
11-03-2015 Received Driver's License (expires 02/16/2022)
11-06-2015 Applied to remove conditional work remark on SS card
11-23-2015 Received updated Social Security Card.
- - - - - - - - - - Pending Future Processing - - - - - - - - - -
05-27-2017 File 10 Year Green Card
08-27-2017 2 Year Green Card Expires
05-27-2018 File USC

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is everyone saying that she overstayed?

You can't know this unless you know whether or not she filed for the AOS. All she says about it is "we have not completed the adjustment of status process yet"

If she filed for the AOS, then she has not overstayed.

If she did not file, then she is accruing days of overstay.

Agreed. I'm a little confused as well. She talks as though AOS hasn't started, but her status says it is pending. Just a mix-up?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.