680 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

im new to this my husband has his interview in ciudad juarez at 8:45 my question is i already set an app for his medical exam but i havent recieved anything about setting an appointment for the biometric i have gone to a website to set one up an appointment but it tells me its not ready for the acs appointment? can somebody please help me the app is just 2 weeks away really need to know

Could he/she be using a program not compatible with irs.gov I wonder. I have read here people having issues due to the security of certain websites that denies access from outside the US.

My husband used Internet Explorer, next time he used Mozila - both worked well. He got his copies of Trascripts to sent to the NVC and it took 2 minutes. When we got CC and he had to leave to the USA I asked him to get me another set of copies so I can have them with me at the interview - it worked without problems. I am not sure, but I think you only need your ss# to log in there. Something very clear and simple.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes and I already looked to June interview schedule and our case number was not on the list. :(

Where do you check to confirm if you are on the list? Is this something which embassy posts? or a different link?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Where do you check to confirm if you are on the list? Is this something which embassy posts? or a different link

Ignore this...Just found the link for Mumbai consulate interview schedule ...but May 2015 only

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Do I need to bring another 19-page I-864 again& W2 for my interview on 6.8? I only hav 2014 tax return for Support of Evidence. And don't have notarised original& photocopy of our marriage certificate coz my hubby's already sent both to NVC.CC on 3.17 good luck, y'all

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline

Ive been checking the IRS website for my transcript too. All you need to do is log in and print it,, but the online transcript page has been unavailable for a few days now. Site maintenance, I believe. I remember seeing the message saying it should be up and running again on Wednesday 5/27. Check back tomorrow!

IRS transcripts website got hacked and they have the online transcripts temporary disabled. You can currently only get it via mail.

R5 Case, Parent of USC:

USCIS:

2014-10-14: I-130 Sent

2014-10-20: NOA1 Received in mail. Case sent to Vermont Service Center

2014-11-25: Case approved at USCIS

2014-12-09: Case got to NVC

2015-01-13: NVC assigned a case number and invoice # (obtained via phone)

2015-03-06: AOS invoice received via email

2015-03-06: AOS invoice paid online

2015-03-07: Submitted DS-261 Agent Form online

2015-03-26: Sent AOS and IV packages (hard copy) in one package

2015-03-30: NVC received AOS and IV packages

2015-04-24: AOS and IV packages reviewed and complete

2015-04-24: IV invoice received via email

2015-04-30: IV invoice paid online

2015-05-04: Submitted DS-260 Form online

2015-05-04: Received email acknowledgment from NVC about DS-260 Form submission. It said the review will take Up To 30 Business Days!

2015-06-05: Called NVC to request case be reviewed by supervisor since past 30 days... case in limbo

2015-06-15: Another supervisor requested the case for review...

2015-06-19: NVC Case Complete (learned over the phone)

2015-06-26: Received NVC email about Case Complete, dated 26-JUN-15

2015-07-15: P4 Email came about interview scheduling, scheduled for August 25

2015-07-24: Medical

2015-08-12: Interview in Tbilisi, Georgia (Original interview date was August 25)

2015-08-19: ELIS fee paid

2015-09-12: POE JFK

2015-10-03: Green Card Arrived

2015-10-09: Applied for SSN Card at the SSN Office

2015-10-16: SSN Card Arrived

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Some info for my fellow Egyptians. My wife had her interview in Cairo today. It went smoothly, besides that she said that she had 2 interviewers? not sure why? At end of the 2nd interview; the interviewer told my wife that she was approved and that she can pick up her Visa in 2 weeks. They gave her a receipt to bring back when she pick up her passport. My question is: When should we expect to be contacted? and will it be via email like usual?

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L) And Thank you to everyone who participates in this forum. This has been the most valuable place to find info on any questions i had/have. (L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

Grateful Husband :dancing:

Congratulations. I would guess she just comes back to embassy in 2 weeks. You might want to open a topic in your countries forum. Or maybe some others from your country maybe around to answer. So happy for you. You have waited a long time.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

so my case complete is May 1st and interview was scheduled on May 15th..Interview date is June 18.. thanks Dwheels, ur doing an awesome job...

Was your name by chance before R and C? Cuz I have them on list with exact dates you just gave.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

These are standard questions, and culture specific. I have crossed US-Canada border thousands of times, and I do expect these questions. Even though majority of my information is already in their system.

When they hand out visa, or entry, specially as a permanent reside, I do expect them to be a lot more thorough compared to if you do it using visitor.

Thanks both of you.. ok here is my review

Me(beneficiary) & my wife (petitioner)went there at (11 am )for my 12:30 interview but the stupid guard told me to come back around 12:15 PM, because too many people inside. I was pissed but again it was just 1 hour 30 minutes and i had my car. so i went back to my car slept for a while LOL .but my wife was so worried inside car,she was pissed seeing me sleeping .

OK! so than I went inside they checked my interview letter,passports,and inside my file,and asked if she(my wife) is the petitioner than let us in. Once we were inside I submitted my interview letter on the desk in front of interview doors.Than waited like about an hour to be called at door number 3, the lady asked me simple questions like,

1. Who applied for you?
2. who is the petitioner?
3. Why did you go to Malaysia & Dubai?
At this point she gave back my Birth Certificate and all additional papers we submitted at NVC,also gave me an instruction paper saying I need to file for Adjustment of Status after 2 years but kept original Marriage Certificate and Police Clearances.also asked me to give original latest police certificate of Bangladesh.
Than took my fingerprints and asked me to go back to seat .

SO I went to my seat with my wife ,we waited like about 3 hours 45 minutes thinking all the negative things in the world, and I was called on door number 7 ,this time. American guy speaking fluent Bengali with hard to understand accent through the mic. He was very nice but the questions he started to ask wasn't nice at all.all the hard and stupid question he asked
1. Who applied for you?
2. What does she do in USA?
Than he said he needs to verify my left hands index finger.
4. Is this the first marriage for both of you?
3. How did you meet?
4. DO you have any marriage pictures?

stupid question he asked are :

1.the university you studied in Malaysia was near beach ?

2.did u complete your graduation in Malaysia when u were in honeymoon ?

3. why did you get Dubai police certificate ?

4.why are you in bangladesh?

5. why you had 2 wedding ceremony ?

6.spouse visa is for the couple who are away from each other.you guys are already together. why should i approve you?

7.you graduated as software engineer.why did you worked in HR?

8.why you guys have no kids yet?

9.why your brother in law is sponsoring you ?

10 .did you petition for your brother

and also i asked almost 30+ question to my wife. i dont even remember.becaz i was totally lost and gave up all hope. i thought .im not gonna get the visa.
i have never heard from any one experiencing such a long interview .
anyways
Than he went back somewhere looking for the slips may be he ran out of them, now here is the exciting part, He ISSUED MY VISA!!! ticked the issuance box and the delivery time box on the white slip. He told me to come back and collect my passport, I asked him again, Does that mean I am approved? He said first thing in English, YES! The whole thing took around 5 hours.

Than Came out happily...hope you all find this helpful. Thank you very much for your support throughout this hectic period of time.

ahmad8484, on 26 May 2015 - 8:58 PM, said:snapback.png

Hello Everyone,

Some info for my fellow Egyptians. My wife had her interview in Cairo today. It went smoothly, besides that she said that she had 2 interviewers? not sure why? At end of the 2nd interview; the interviewer told my wife that she was approved and that she can pick up her Visa in 2 weeks. They gave her a receipt to bring back when she pick up her passport. My question is: When should we expect to be contacted? and will it be via email like usual?

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L) And Thank you to everyone who participates in this forum. This has been the most valuable place to find info on any questions i had/have. (L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

Grateful Husband :dancing:

Congratulations. I would guess she just comes back to embassy in 2 weeks. You might want to open a topic in your countries forum. Or maybe some others from your country maybe around to answer. So happy for you. You have waited a long time.

Thanks Dwheels, Always appreciate your help. I posted my issue in the Egypt forum like you suggested, but figured to post here again to see if anyone can chime in.. So I took a look online and now it says her visa is Issued. Which makes me happy, but not sure about the pickup process as mentioned before. Wanted to know if i should contact the NVC to ask for this info? or should i call the Embassy itself in Cairo? Very anxious and hoping that its available for pickup sooner than the 2 weeks...its been a long wait for both of us

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

ahmad8484, on 26 May 2015 - 8:58 PM, said:snapback.png

Thanks Dwheels, Always appreciate your help. I posted my issue in the Egypt forum like you suggested, but figured to post here again to see if anyone can chime in.. So I took a look online and now it says her visa is Issued. Which makes me happy, but not sure about the pickup process as mentioned before. Wanted to know if i should contact the NVC to ask for this info? or should i call the Embassy itself in Cairo? Very anxious and hoping that its available for pickup sooner than the 2 weeks...its been a long wait for both of us

Congratulations... U gave me hope. I'm from cairo too...

Please share with us what happened in the interview.. What questions also..

How long after case complete u received ur p4 letter??

Congrats again :)

Congratulations... U gave me hope. I'm from cairo too...

Please share with us what happened in the interview.. What questions also..

How long after case complete u received ur p4 letter??

Congrats again :)

I am not sure exactly what was asked at interview. I will ask my wife when i talk to her next. From what i understood, it was very basic questions (how did you meet? what does your husband do for living? etc...) However we waited over 2 months for our interview date and friends of mine waited almost 3 months!!!

1/15/15 - Case Complete

3/25/15 - P4 interview email

5/26/15 - Interview

Timeline

Case complete 4/16, consulate New Delhi

No inteview date yet!

Do you think I wil get a June date?

This process is frustrating!

June no because we are at the end of May and the processing time and the time for them to prepare is to short. July is more realistic.

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am not sure exactly what was asked at interview. I will ask my wife when i talk to her next. From what i understood, it was very basic questions (how did you meet? what does your husband do for living? etc...) However we waited over 2 months for our interview date and friends of mine waited almost 3 months!!!

1/15/15 - Case Complete

3/25/15 - P4 interview email

5/26/15 - Interview

Thanks alot and congrats again :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.