680 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

After long process finally visa is issued. But I have this question?are the docs(original birth certificate and marriage certificate inside the sealed envelope because the only thing they sent to us are passport and sealed envelope with two letters on it. And btw the visa is valid only 4 months.

Hi guled.. congrats! please share your experience at the embassy.. i would like to know as we are headed there in the nearest future... thanks. the kind of questions asked?

Mother & Daughter
Mom's CC: May 19 2015
Kid's CC: July 10th 2015(after checklist)
Interview Scheduled: August 27th 2015
Medical Date: Sept 11th 2015(Passed!!!)
Registered our appointment online: Sept 16th 2015
Interview Date: Sept 29th 2015 Approved!!
Visa in Hand: October 1st 2015
POE: 11th October 2015 - Philadelphia

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey everone does anyone know if at the finger print appt before the visa interview is there another fee for that or is that included in the fees that we already paid to nvc ...and Also the visa fee after you get approved at your appt .. I know it says you have pay for this before you travel to the U.S. online with Uscis but how True is this and I called them and they said it takes 30days to process is that a fact ?? Not approved yet but Just curious

No more fees besides the GC fee and that fee you can pay even when is US only they wont send the plastic card until you pay that fee of $165. The reason they encourage to pay while still overseas is so you can get the card sooner.

Hi guled.. congrats! please share your experience at the embassy.. i would like to know as we are headed there in the nearest future... thanks. the kind of questions asked?

CeeMu,

I am happy for you and may God be praised!

Quick question for the Canadians....is this what the police certificate for Canada should look like? Just want reassurance I have the right one!

http://www.eslteacherrecruiter.com/canada-rcmp-criminal-record-check/ - this isn't me by the way!

USCIS PROCESSING

Dec 15th 14 I-130 Filed with Chicago Lockbox
Dec 18th 14 Package received by USCIS - PRIORITY DATE
Dec 22nd 14 Received NOA1 - Sent to Vermont Service Center
Jan 14th 15 Received NOA2. Case Approved with no RFEs
..............................................................................................................................
NVC PROCESSING

Feb 20th 15 Case/IIN No assigned by NVC - allocated to Montreal Consulate
Feb 27TH 15 Received letter from NVC
Mar 1st 15 DS-261 Completed and submitted to NVC
Mar 10th 15 Paid AOS
Apr 3rd 15 Receive IV Bill + Paid IV Bill
Apr 8th 15 IV Fee left bank marked as paid
Apr 8th 15 DS-260 Completed
Apr 9th 15 Sent in IV & AOS packages
Apr 13th 15 Package delivered to NVC
Apr 13th 15 Received email from NVC acknowledging receipt - scan date
May 12th 15 Case Complete with NO Checklist (29 DAYS)
..............................................................................................................................
MONTREAL CONSULATE PROCESSING

May 15th 15 Case sent to Montreal embassy
May 27th 15 Medical in Toronto ,ON
Jun 17th 15 Interview Date in Montreal - APPROVED!!!!
Jul 2nd 15 ISSUED !!!! - CEAC STATUS UPDATE
Jul 6th 15 Visa in FINAL PROCESSING - CEAC STATUS UPDATE
Jul 8th 15 Email from Loomis/Waybill received
Jul 10th 15 Visa Received IN HAND!!!
Jul 13th 15 Point of Entry in Buffalo, NY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thank you so much for giving me that Info thats awesome to know and GC stands for green card right

No more fees besides the GC fee and that fee you can pay even when is US only they wont send the plastic card until you pay that fee of $165. The reason they encourage to pay while still overseas is so you can get the card sooner.

CeeMu,

I am happy for you and may God be praised!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Rep I talked with today told me to call back after June 1st for July interview scheduling. Is this accurate info from others ?

ROC Timeline
Service Center: California
90 Day Window Opened....06/22/17
I-751 Packet Sent..............08/24/17
NOA1 Dated.......................08/28/17
NOA1 Received..................09/02/17
Check Cashed....................09/06/17
Biometrics Received..........09/15/17
Biometrics Appointment.....09/27/17
Approved............................xx/xx/xx

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Rep I talked with today told me to call back after June 1st for July interview scheduling. Is this accurate info from others ?

Not sure if it is . I would think so. The rep I talked to today said that our embassy June's appointments are all booked and we might get July interview but no promises lol. Our cc is April 30. So praying we hear something soon before I go crazy lol.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Not sure if it is . I would think so. The rep I talked to today said that our embassy June's appointments are all booked and we might get July interview but no promises lol. Our cc is April 30. So praying we hear something soon before I go crazy lol.

The info I got was for the ciudad Juarez embassy and they are full for June :( I'm just hoping my husband has early July interview. Our cc was for April 28 so I'll keep you posted if I hear anything.

ROC Timeline
Service Center: California
90 Day Window Opened....06/22/17
I-751 Packet Sent..............08/24/17
NOA1 Dated.......................08/28/17
NOA1 Received..................09/02/17
Check Cashed....................09/06/17
Biometrics Received..........09/15/17
Biometrics Appointment.....09/27/17
Approved............................xx/xx/xx

thanks BrendanT... still waiting for my interview to be scheduled... so sick of waiting!!!!!! hoping for under 50 days but probably more like 65!!!!!! good luck to you too

Hopefully Monday mate! I was so glad it only took me a week to get my interview date!!

Fingers crossed they squeeze you in for end of June or start of July worst case! So annoying the waiting....AND WAITING! :(

Timeline

Your cc was April 30th and you still dont have an interview date???

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

There are lot of slots open for non immigrant visa, just got the one booked for my parents on june 5 along with my expedited immigrant visa interview.

I don't know why they are not giving some of the vacant slots to immigrant applicants.

I hope you have the interview date assigned soon. All d best!

No not yet :( not sure what is going on with new delhi embassy.

Got my medical done here at new Delhi today!

Marriage Date : 01/03/2013

Filed I-130 : 02/14/2014

Paid AOS and IV : sometime in Aug-Sep-2014

Sent Form IV : 12/08/2014

Sent AOS : 01/19/2015Last

Scan date : 01/20/15

Checklist : 03/23 :(

Checklist scan date: 04/03/15

Case complete: 04/27/2015

Visa interview expedition request: 05/02/2015

Expedition approved : 05/06/2015

Document in transit : 05/13/2015

Interview schedule :05/20/2015

Interview date: 06/05/2015

Zirq,

Speaking of delays did you have any trouble registering your immigrant interview appointment on usvisainfo website? for courier service? I am not too sure if this applies to us but as far as how I understand specific instructions for Montreal Embassy it needs to be registered prior to interview date. I tried doing it, however, it said "not ready for an appointment". I am going to try again tomorrow maybe system is still loading/updating ;) Based on CEAC website our case is still "at NVC" so maybe that's the reason either that or I am completely clueless of what's needed to be done :P

Hey I actually did it yesterday registered for loomis once you put the details in from the ds260 your appt comes up then print off the confirmation

USCIS PROCESSING

Dec 15th 14 I-130 Filed with Chicago Lockbox
Dec 18th 14 Package received by USCIS - PRIORITY DATE
Dec 22nd 14 Received NOA1 - Sent to Vermont Service Center
Jan 14th 15 Received NOA2. Case Approved with no RFEs
NVC PROCESSING

Feb 20th 15 Case/IIN No assigned by NVC - allocated to Montreal Consulate
Feb 27TH 15 Received letter from NVC
Mar 1st 15 DS-261 Completed and submitted to NVC
Mar 10th 15 Paid AOS
Apr 3rd 15 Receive IV Bill + Paid IV Bill
Apr 8th 15 IV Fee left bank marked as paid
Apr 8th 15 DS-260 Completed
Apr 9th 15 Sent in IV & AOS packages
Apr 13th 15 Package delivered to NVC
Apr 13th 15 Received email from NVC acknowledging receipt - scan date
May 12th 15 Case Complete with NO Checklist (29 DAYS)
MONTREAL CONSULATE PROCESSING

May 15th 15 Case sent to Montreal embassy
May 27th 15 Medical in Toronto ,ON
Jun 17th 15 Interview Date in Montreal - APPROVED!!!!
Jul 2nd 15 ISSUED !!!! - CEAC STATUS UPDATE
Jul 6th 15 Visa in FINAL PROCESSING - CEAC STATUS UPDATE
Jul 8th 15 Email from Loomis/Waybill received
Jul 10th 15 Visa Received IN HAND!!!
Jul 13th 15 Point of Entry in Buffalo, NY

Timeline

There are lot of slots open for non immigrant visa, just got the one booked for my parents on june 5 along with my expedited immigrant visa interview.

I don't know why they are not giving some of the vacant slots to immigrant applicants.

I hope you have the interview date assigned soon. All d best!

Got my medical done here at new Delhi today!

Thanks, it's almost been a whole month since case complete. The rep I talked to at NVC was rude and flat out said all appointments was booked at New Delhi embassy and maybe we will get July but not guarantee. I need a date so I know when I will get to see my husband. It's been over a year and I am missing him terribly bad.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.