terri_blake

Red flag over religious differences?

136 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Can you tell we are a bunch of people waiting for our mates? Waiting at home on a Saturday evening on VJ waiting for our fiances to wake up on the other side of the world:

34 user(s) are browsing this forum

16 members, 15 guests, 3 anonymous users

:jest: That's an excellent observation.

Petitioner: U.S. Citizen living in U.S. Beneficiary: Egyptian Citizen living in Egypt Seychelles United States!

Visa type: CR-1

01-06-14 Married

03-21-14 Priority Date (Nebraska Service Center)

03-25-14 NOA1

08-26-14 Approved! 5 months, 5 days

09-04-14 shipped to NVC per USCIS website

10-09-14 NVC "received"

10-28-14 Case #

10-30-14 DS261/AOS fee

12-02-14 IV fee

12-03-14 Sent Package

01-30-15 Case Complete! 5 months at NVC with no checklists

03-25-15 Received Interview Letter, date is 05/14/15

05-14-15 Interview Result: APPROVED!

06-08-15 25 days later...CEAC finally shows READY

06-11-15 Visa in Hand

06-15-15 POE in Philadelphia

Total Time from Sending Petition to Visa in Hand: 14 months, 3 weeks

Currently in I-751 ROC and N-400 Citizenship processes.  See Timeline for Details.

Can you tell we are a bunch of people waiting for our mates? Waiting at home on a Saturday evening on VJ waiting for our fiances to wake up on the other side of the world:

34 user(s) are browsing this forum

16 members, 15 guests, 3 anonymous users

I'm actually skyping with him and we're discussing the hilarity of this.

You sure he's Muslim? There was no special religious anything in December. Maybe cultural, but not religious.

Also, why would you be disrupting anything if you're his soon-to-be wife? You should be joining these so-called festivities.

Im not Muslim nor am I converting

From Terri on the previous topic.

Oh, see, nope.

The photographer friend could have chaperoned a few dinners. Or a family member could have....oh, why bother...

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

From Terri on the previous topic.

Shall we say that lacked clarity.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

It was during a special religious time when we met in Morocco. He didn't want to disrupt family tradition as they were involved in a reunion of sorts in Morocco when I showed up.

When you showed up ? Was the first visit not carefully planned together so you two can have the time needed to get to know each other ?

I would not have spend money for a ticket and then be left out as a future wife among the family reunion. I would be pissed and book the next

flight home and that would be the end of that. A family reunion would be the perfect time to be introduced as the future bride to all the family.

Any excuses of why this didn't happen would not fly with me.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Let's summarise:

• The OP has "met" their intended once, 2 storeys distance away. The photographs document this, but likely are not sufficient to evidence proper meeting.
  • The intended's Uncle married the OP's sister and once in the USA with a GC, ran off with their Egyptian wife.
  • The OP travelled to meet their intended during a period of time when there was a religious event and a family reunion, which meant they were not allowed to meet.
  • They have different religions, his being such a strong one that they were not allowed to meet *on the same floor*.

These are all insane red flags. They're like red flags on fire.

The only thing the OP can do is travel back to Egypt and actually meet him and more of his family, producing photographic evidence of such a meeting.

If this is a joke, it's been a fun distraction. If it's not, holy cow, this is a mess.

Edited by lost_at_sea

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Im not Muslim nor am I converting

I am a non believer but I still go to church if I'm invited because it is a polite thing to do. He is going to be your husband and I assume the rest of his family is Muslim. I bet they had been happy if you had joined? Would also show US Immigration you're accepting his religion, right?

When you showed up ? Was the first visit not carefully planned together so you two can have the time needed to get to know each other ?

I would not have spend money for a ticket and then be left out as a future wife among the family reunion. I would be pissed and book the next

flight home and that would be the end of that. A family reunion would be the perfect time to be introduced as the future bride to all the family.

Any excuses of why this didn't happen would not fly with me.

This was my point, but apparently because she has no plans to convert, she didn't join them. That's just ridiculous because that brings up more issues in the future. If you can't celebrate things together being from different faiths, why are you together?

I know many of you have been waiting on answers to questions you have asked. I'm sorry I am just baffled at the way many people here are claiming they are "just trying to help" however they are continuously belittling and trying to prevoke me. I really wish you "others" woukd find another topic to torment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I don't think we can help her. She can't understand the impossibly of what she is trying to do. She does not have enough proof of a relationship, and will have to start over again.

I don't know how you help someone who perceives sensible sound advice as an attack. There isn't any way to reason with her.

Still not a reason to sink to her level and attack her like that. I know she is not reasonable but we should still play nice :)

Let's not sink to her level. Try to help her instead of attacking her, please. You went a bit overboard there honestly.

I have been dealing with this since my first post. believe it or not im actually a very nice bubbly person but this sort of behavior reminds me of grade school bullying.

Still not a reason to sink to her level and attack her like that. I know she is not reasonable but we should still play nice :)

I've not sunk to her level. Not once. Tempting though it may be. I'm just baffled at how she can refute the same thing being said by so many people.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Let's summarise:

• The OP has "met" their intended once, 2 storeys distance away. The photographs document this, but likely are not sufficient to evidence proper meeting.
  • The intended's Uncle married the OP's sister and once in the USA with a GC, ran off with their Egyptian wife.
  • The OP travelled to meet their intended during a period of time when there was a religious event and a family reunion, which meant they were not allowed to meet.
  • They have different religions, his being such a strong one that they were not allowed to meet *on the same floor*.
These are all insane red flags. They're like red flags on fire.

The only thing the OP can do is travel back to Egypt and actually meet him and more of his family, producing photographic evidence of such a meeting.

If this is a joke, it's been a fun distraction. If it's not, holy cow, this is a mess.

Correction

My sister's husband did not marry that egyptian home wrecker. he just ran off with her. He tried to repair the marriage but my sister wants counseling and he wont budge.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.