terri_blake

Red flag over religious differences?

136 posts in this topic

Let's summarise:

• The OP has "met" their intended once, 2 storeys distance away. The photographs document this, but likely are not sufficient to evidence proper meeting.
  • The intended's Uncle married the OP's sister and once in the USA with a GC, ran off with their Egyptian wife.
  • The OP travelled to meet their intended during a period of time when there was a religious event and a family reunion, which meant they were not allowed to meet.
  • They have different religions, his being such a strong one that they were not allowed to meet *on the same floor*.

These are all insane red flags. They're like red flags on fire.

The only thing the OP can do is travel back to Egypt and actually meet him and more of his family, producing photographic evidence of such a meeting.

If this is a joke, it's been a fun distraction. If it's not, holy cow, this is a mess.

What about the photographer? OP, was the photographer male or female? Because if the photographer was a male, then your fiance didn't feel a tad uncomfortable with you being in the room alone with him? Even for those moments of walking through to the balcony? If she was female, did she travel with your fiance?

Was it a family event or religious/cultural thing? Did the family know that she would be there in the hotel, even though it was different rooms? Were his sisters, who are visiting Chicago soon, there at the event? Where they not willing to chaperone a visit with their brother and his intended in OP's room or the family's hotel room?

Signature coming soon...

Correction

My sister's husband did not marry that egyptian home wrecker. he just ran off with her. He tried to repair the marriage but my sister wants counseling and he wont budge.

Wait, so... HE wanted to repair the marriage? So he DID marry your sister because he wanted to marry her, not because of wanting a GC? I'm now extra confused. In your first post, you said he had committed visa fraud. If he didn't, then I've no idea why you're worried about him. People's relationships break up. C'est la vie.

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Correction

My sister's husband did not marry that egyptian home wrecker. he just ran off with her. He tried to repair the marriage but my sister wants counseling and he wont budge.

Really? LOL. In your other thread (first post) you said they were married.

"my fiance Basim and I have been together since July 2014 and we are madly in love and plan to spend the rest of our lives together. he and I got engaged a couple of weeks ago. the funny part about our relationship is that my sister married his uncle in 2013 and that is pretty much how I met my current fiance. well long story short I was wondering if this may raise a red flag regarding our form i-129f. if they know that my sister married his uncle would this be suspicious? I am asking this because after my sister married my uncle-in-law he ran off to California to be with an Egyptian woman that he actually knew for a very long time even before he came to the United States. my entire family is very supporting however they are a little apprehensive about the situation with basim because of what happened to my sister and her husband. I have already picked a date, ordered my wedding dress, picked out my cake, flowers, everything and for this to not happen because of somebody else's misfortune would be truly and absolutely devastating. any suggestions, tips , tricks, or hint would be greatly appreciated! "

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/545397-need-advice-on-egyptian-fiance/

Edited by Babyface1

~ AOS from K1 visa ~

"my fiance Basim and I have been together since July 2014 and we are madly in love and plan to spend the rest of our lives together. he and I got engaged a couple of weeks ago. the funny part about our relationship is that my sister married his uncle in 2013 and that is pretty much how I met my current fiance. well long story short I was wondering if this may raise a red flag regarding our form i-129f. if they know that my sister married his uncle would this be suspicious? I am asking this because after my sister married my uncle-in-law he ran off to California to be with an Egyptian woman that he actually knew for a very long time even before he came to the United States. my entire family is very supporting however they are a little apprehensive about the situation with basim because of what happened to my sister and her husband. I have already picked a date, ordered my wedding dress, picked out my cake, flowers, everything and for this to not happen because of somebody else's misfortune would be truly and absolutely devastating. any suggestions, tips , tricks, or hint would be greatly appreciated! "

I think it's that her sister's husband did not marry the woman he ran off with...

Signature coming soon...

He married the "sister" not the "Home Wrecker". You're going to have to keep notes to keep up Babyface LoL

I-751 Removal of Conditions

4/15/17: I-751 Packet sent to CSC 
4/18/17: CSC Received
5/04/17: Check Cashed
5/05/17: NOA
5/11/17: Biometrics Notice Received
5/26/17: Biometrics Appointment
4/18/18: Still Pending - Extension Stamp in Passport good for 6 months
8/25/18: Received an 18 month extension in the mail
12/20/18: Case Transferred from CA to NBC
5/9/2019: I 751 interview - was scheduled as a combo N400 - they said no N400 technical difficulties 
5/9/2019: Printing new 10 year Green Card
5/10/2019: Case status changed to - Your Case was Approved

N 400 Application / Submitted Online
Application Support Center: Las Vegas, NV
4/19/18: N400 Application Submitted Online - $725 fee paid
4/20/18: Biometrics Notice Received (Online)
5/04/18: Biometrics Completed / Early Walk In - Scheduled appointment was for 5/11/18 ( estimated completion March 2019 10 months)
4/12/19: In Line notification for Testing and Interview - May 30th 
5/01/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/02/19: Interview Scheduled - June 11th
5/08/19: USCIS De Scheduled Interview
5/09/19: Combo I751 and N400 - Could not conduct the N400 today due to technical difficulties. 
5/10/19: Interview date scheduled - June 28th
6/28/19: N400 Interview
7/26/19: 🇺🇸 Oath Ceremony  🇺🇸

Hi,

I am newly engaged to the love of my life, Basim. He is Egyptian and Muslim and I am American and raised very Pentacostal. this message board is truly a gift and wealth of knowledge. We are wondering if differences between religions cause hold ups during the k1 visa process?

Bottom Line - It depends on the embassy where he will be doing his interview. Some are harder than others due to a past history of fraud at that embassy, similarly the local traditions and societal expectations of his cultural background are taken into account. Please go to the regional discussion within the area linked below to have replies that are specific to the embassy you fiancé is going to be having his interview at.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/100-regional-discussion/

Here in the regional area dedicated to your fiancé's embassy location you might find someone who has something similar to your issues, however as each persons journey is different the advice will only be based on what they have gone through or what they have seen on here.

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

And by the way, let me recap for eveyone confused by the convoluted sarcasm:

1. Im engaged to the best guy in the world.

2. Despite our cultural differences we know we are soul mates.

3. We will start a family next year as he keeps dreaming he'll have a son born in 2016.

4. All Muslims are not the same. There are multiple sects based on different schools of Islamic jurisprudence.

5. All Christians aren't the same, either.

6. I know a bigot when I smell one.

7. Romance and chivalry are alive and well in my guy's heart.

8. I am excited to marry into an affluent Egyptian family.

9. I have a big family niw which will double in size in a few months!

10.I hope some of you butter souls fjnd someone half as nice as my Basim.

Wait, so... HE wanted to repair the marriage? So he DID marry your sister because he wanted to marry her, not because of wanting a GC? I'm now extra confused. In your first post, you said he had committed visa fraud. If he didn't, then I've no idea why you're worried about him. People's relationships break up. C'est la vie.

I never said anything about fraud. This is what I mean about people shoving things d I wn my throat. Edited by terri_blake

And by the way, let me recap for eveyone confused by the convoluted sarcasm:

1. Im engaged to the best guy in the world.

2. Despite our cultural differences we know we are soul mates.

3. We will start a family next year as he keeps dreaming he'll have a son born in 2016.

4. All Muslims are not the same. There are multiple sects based on different schools of Islamic jurisprudence.

5. All Christians aren't the same, either.

6. I know a bigot when I smell one.

7. Romance and chivalry are alive and well in my guy's heart.

8. I am excited to marry into an affluent Egyptian family.

9. I have a big family niw which will double in size in a few months!

10.I hope some of you butter souls fjnd someone half as nice as my Basim.

mmm. butter soul.

Seriously. AGAIN. WE ARE TRYING TO HELP. USCIS doesn't give a flying monkey if you're soul mates. They care about evidence. Hard, on paper, evidence and smart, understandable, non-conflicting answers.

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

I'm confused at the basis and initial replies to this topic. Nobody seems to understand that the United States has religious freedom and MANY recongnize religions. There are no laws regarding who can marry whom based on religion. Anyone can marry anyone they want. You may have your own personal in-family issues, but that has nothing to do with visa approval. Are you suggesting that for example a Catholic can't marry an agnostic or atheist? That a Jew can't marry a Muslim? There is no reason to nor any reason to believe anyone will question this issue. Inter-religious marriages are hardly new and have nothing to do with anything. Maybe next someone will suggest you woudn't be approved because you're a white man married to a Chinese woman or black married to Indian. I have to shake my head at this one. It's a good example of people having zero understanding of American culture and yet want to go live there and be part of that culture that you don't understand. Citizenship at least requires knoweldge and test taking and learning history and so on, maybe even visa seekers should be required to show an understanding of culture and laws.

Sure you can marry whoever here but throw immigration into the mix and everything has a new twist to it and believe you me when I say

a CO will question everything. Please don't mislead newbies and get an understanding yourself that it may become an issue.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

I never said anything about fraud. This is what I mean about people shoving things d I wn my throat.

You may not have said "fraud" but you sure as hell insinuated it. Penguin_ie was the first response and she even stated that it sounded like fraud, which you never once disagreed with. I may have put a single word in your mouth, but you certainly didn't disagree. You'd have jumped on it then like you have now, if that was the case.

Luckily, it turns out your Uncle and Sister's case should have precisely zero to do with your case, since it wasn't any form of fraud. Literally everything you need to do is prove your own relationship by actually meeting. Since you haven't done so yet, your case will be denied.

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

mmm. butter soul.

Seriously. AGAIN. WE ARE TRYING TO HELP. USCIS doesn't give a flying monkey if you're soul mates. They care about evidence. Hard, on paper, evidence and smart, understandable, non-conflicting answers.

Can you imagine the outcome is SHE was the one to be interviewed?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Everyone posting on here is engaged, or married to, the best guy on the world.

I can't be bothered trying to edit a quoted post on a phone.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.