Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2015

669 posts in this topic

Any body can explain to me what is scam date and CC cause im getting confuse? I Send aos and civil documents by overnigth delivery on monday 30 and usps website shows that they receive It on tuesday march 31. I call nvc thrusday 2 and the Nice Lady who review My ds-261 with out of ask her, she told me that some input is coming to the system, she says too that give them 45 days. Friday nigth about 9 oclock i was finaly avaiable to pay 325 fee, now is in process, i think i have to wait until get paid for go ahead and do ds-260.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm still confused, my brother makes 18 every year. With my income it's around 40.000. But he doesn't live with me he lives next door. Can I use him? I asked a friend of mine who sponsored his parents but years ago, he said " that on the same form there is a question where it says would you like to add additional sponosrs? And he added his sister and she was making less then him. Can I do that?

I guess your friend included his sister as his household member which means that his sister should have same residence address as him. So their income will be combined. In your case, your brother should be considered as your joint sponsor because he does not live in the same residence address with you. So you guys income count separate and it only works if your brother income higher than yours. That all I know so far. Maybe someone can give you better answer. Good luck with your journey!

Filed: Timeline

I have a quick question. I submitted both my AOS and IV packet at the same time. I included an AOS scan sheet in each packet, but I only put the document checklist in the AOS packet. I guess I assumed it covered both the AOS and IV documents, so I didn't copy and put one in each packet. Someone had mentioned that this might cause a checklist. Has anyone made this mistake and gotten a checklist? I am so frustrated....I checked over the packet so many times, just didn't think to put two!

Hello Sonya....You will be alright. You won't receive a checklist.

6 March 2015

Congratulations friend.

Hi all,

I don't want to get excited but I just checked my CEAC portal and AOS fee changed to N/A. WoOOooOooOOOW I can't wait to call NVC to conform.

I losing my mind :rofl: . wish me luck

congrats and all the best to you as you complete the process!!!

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Any body can explain to me what is scam date and CC cause im getting confuse? I Send aos and civil documents by overnigth delivery on monday 30 and usps website shows that they receive It on tuesday march 31. I call nvc thrusday 2 and the Nice Lady who review My ds-261 with out of ask her, she told me that some input is coming to the system, she says too that give them 45 days. Friday nigth about 9 oclock i was finaly avaiable to pay 325 fee, now is in process, i think i have to wait until get paid for go ahead and do ds-260.

jenniffererrecio,

Scan date is when they received your package, aos and iv. They scan them, in other words they enter them in their system so they know they have them and if a few days you might get an email confirmation or you can keep calling until you know your scan date. That's when previously were giving 60 days to review those documents from the scan date but now they are saying they will review in 45 days. In that period you get a case complete that is cc in short and if unlucky and they need more information from you you get a checklist. DS-260 will be available soon after the $325 IV fee you paid is crear and says paid. Good luck! Hope I helped a bit.

jenniffererrecio,

Scan date is when they received your package, aos and iv. They scan them, in other words they enter them in their system so they know they have them and if a few days you might get an email confirmation or you can keep calling until you know your scan date. That's when previously were giving 60 days to review those documents from the scan date but now they are saying they will review in 45 days. In that period you get a case complete that is cc in short and if unlucky and they need more information from you you get a checklist. DS-260 will be available soon after the $325 IV fee you paid is crear and says paid. Good luck! Hope I helped a bit.

Ok. Thanks

I guess your friend included his sister as his household member which means that his sister should have same residence address as him. So their income will be combined. In your case, your brother should be considered as your joint sponsor because he does not live in the same residence address with you. So you guys income count separate and it only works if your brother income higher than yours. That all I know so far. Maybe someone can give you better answer. Good luck with your journey!

Ok.. One more thing please.. My brother is moving in wih me the end of this month. Will it be ok for me to put him on the application as an additional sponsor?

Thanks in advance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi guys,

This may be a silly comment, but just want to get some input to ease my nerves:

I first sent my AOS pack (Scan date 3/25) and then my IV pack (still no scan date - it arrived friday). --- This was a silly decision, thought I had to wait for IV fee to clear before sending second package.

Anyways, has anyone done the same and had any issues (like checklists for nor sending them together or just in general any issue at all) or do you know of anyone?

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi all,

I don't want to get excited but I just checked my CEAC portal and AOS fee changed to N/A. WoOOooOooOOOW I can't wait to call NVC to conform.

I losing my mind :rofl: . wish me luck

Good luck, call them the first thing in the morning before anything if you can and confirm.

Timeline

Ok.. One more thing please.. My brother is moving in wih me the end of this month. Will it be ok for me to put him on the application as an additional sponsor?

Thanks in advance.

I think it should work as long as you can prove that he is currently live in the same address with you. Because all his previous tax return info has his old address, you need to write a letter to explain to them and include evidence for that too. That what i know so far. Hope it help. Someone may has better answer for you.

Timeline

Hi guys,

This may be a silly comment, but just want to get some input to ease my nerves:

I first sent my AOS pack (Scan date 3/25) and then my IV pack (still no scan date - it arrived friday). --- This was a silly decision, thought I had to wait for IV fee to clear before sending second package.

Anyways, has anyone done the same and had any issues (like checklists for nor sending them together or just in general any issue at all) or do you know of anyone?

Thanks

NVC suggests you to send both package in one master envelope and yes, you can send it after your AOS fee shown as paid. You may need to call them to confirm if they have received your packages.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline

Thank you! Now let's hope they don't find something else to checklist me for. Hoping for some good news soon!

Hello Sonya....You will be alright. You won't receive a checklist.

Congratulations friend.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello

do you think its ok to enter the embassy with my papers in an envelope at the interview or should i hold all my documents without being inside an envelope?

NVC stage:

Scan date 24 nov

checklist for birth certificate:13.2.2015

expedite request: 1.3.2015

cc: 5.3.2015

interview date:11.4.2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.