Pam&Davey

Former US army bf cannot be issued US passport.

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone. I just want to ask anybody here who can enlighten my (our) mind about why my bf cannot be issued a US passport. He already applied twice for US passport since he got out from the army early last year after being deployed in afghanistan.. We really wanted to see each other already since we've known each other for almost 3 years now. He already see an immigration lawyer but he was told that right now it is hard to get a US passport specially for ex-army because of this terrorism that is happening. He wanted to see me in the Philippines. He even suggested to just see me in Hong Kong but still the same answer. What should we do? We are both so frustrated already but we hold on to each other coz we know that this is only a trial. Please I need your inputs about this matter. Thank you!

That's weird. Unless something terribly goes wrong, the government can't refused him to get a passport. I talked to my husband about this - he is in the military as well and active duty-. He never heard like this before. What color of his paspport he used when he deployed to Afghanistan?

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

That is not true. He is lying to you.

Hello everyone. I just want to ask anybody here who can enlighten my (our) mind about why my bf cannot be issued a US passport. He already applied twice for US passport since he got out from the army early last year after being deployed in afghanistan.. We really wanted to see each other already since we've known each other for almost 3 years now. He already see an immigration lawyer but he was told that right now it is hard to get a US passport specially for ex-army because of this terrorism that is happening. He wanted to see me in the Philippines. He even suggested to just see me in Hong Kong but still the same answer. What should we do? We are both so frustrated already but we hold on to each other coz we know that this is only a trial. Please I need your inputs about this matter. Thank you!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

That is not true. He is lying to you.

That was my husband told me when I showing him this post. Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Timeline

The obvious first question -- is he a US citizen? LPRs can serve in the US military. They quailify for expeditious naturalization based on their service, but if he wasn't a US citizen and hasn't been naturalized, he can't be issued a US passport.

Other than owing more than $2500 in child support, the only other reason I am aware of for being denied a US passport have to do with criminal charges or convictions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I dont think he is lying to me as we both wanted to be with each other already and even his parents kept telling me to go there as soon as possible. There's no problem with child support also because he is the primary custodian of his daughter.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

there's a short list of why a passport would not be issued:

1. outstanding child support due - perhaps the court think he still owes something - especially if there was an amount awarded during temporary orders prior to finalization of divorce decree and he not pay it, because the final decree nixed it. is not as common, but does happen. divorce court not catch up with the register after finalized divorce decree, so check that.

2. on the 'no-fly list'

3. outstanding tax owed to IRS

how to fix it? suggest to go into a passport office (not an associate office that just takes applications like the post office or courthouse) and talk with a human about why it was not issued during the prior attempt. Then act on that decision - it'll give focus for 'the fix'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If you find out the real reason do let us know.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”