Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Many of you will have read my pevious post regarding Morgan and that he had been diagnosed with cancer, an aggressive type. Morgan had always been a major part of our plans when coming to the US but I am so sad to say that yesterday it became clear that he was not going to make it and we had to have him put to sleep.

We thought he was doing OK even though we knew that it would take him sooner rather than later and that we were not going to have him for much longer we were still praying that we would be able to take him with us and he would be with us for another few months. It became obvious at the beginning of this week that he was getting more ill and uncomfortable, he stopped eating, couldn't even tempt him with fresh chicken, or liver and yesterday morning he had started to cough so we knew it had moved to his lungs. Alan took him to the vet and he said that he was an ill dog and that the area where the biggest lump had been removed had in actual fact started to come back. It had been to near his jugular to remove it all. He said that if it was his dog he would have him put to sleep now rather than wait until next week as there was no way he would make the plane.

Alan would not let me go with them because I only upset him because I could not stop crying and he needed to be strong, he and Morgan were so close and used to walk for hours together.

I hugged and loved Morgan and he looked at me with his beautiful eyes as is he knew it was goodbye and my heart just broke. Alan said he did the same with him when he was in the treatment room and he could not stay to see him die, with our other dogs he was able to do that, but Morgan was too special and he could not bear to watch the light go out of his eyes. They say dogs know these things, well if they do, I hope that Morgan knew that what we were doing was out of pure love for him and that we could not watch him get worse and suffer.

We collect his ashes tomorrow and we were thinking of bringing him with us and scattering his ashes but Alan said it would be strange to him so we have decided that we are taking him to his favourite park, he really used to think it was all his, and there is an area on a small hill, that has trees and you can see all the park, the little woods that are within the park, the lake, and that is where we will scatter him. His spirit will be able to run free forever.

To anyone who is not a dog lover, you may not understand but all of you who have had and lost a faithful pet will know just how much I am hurting today, my heart is broken but I know that in a few days/weeks I will remember him with love in my heart and happiness for all the wonderful times we all had and how proud we were of him. We have lost the most wonderful dog we have ever had.

In memory of my wonderful, handsome rottweiler Morgan, never will he be forgotten

Val

So sorry for your loss.

[color=#800080]AOS

Lawyer sent Aos package 07-27-2007

Medical 08-01-2007

Check cashed -08-23-2007

NOA - 08-27-2007

Biometrics scheduled - 09-12-2007

Biometrics for EAD and AOS 09-12-2007

Received RFE for medical and co-sponsor tax returns

(Tax returns were sent) also letter from employer

needed, and last 6 months pay stubs.

RFE: 09-11-2007

Sent RFE back to lawyer 10-10-2007

EAD card production ordered 06-11-2007

EAD received 17-11-2007

Interview date for 01-08-2008[/color]

Approved! Card Production ordered 01-08-2008

I am so sorry for you and Alan....Morgan sounded like a wonderful friend to you both....dean

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

thank you all so much, your words and thoughts have helped me so much,I know that in time I will start to remember him as he was and all the good times we all had but at the moment I need to grieve, I miss him so much

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm so sorry you and Alan are hurting right now. But as long as you know he will always be looking down on you from Doggy heaven, thanking you for the wonderful life he had, thats the main thing. Time heals Val,..and you have all your precious memories. (F) (F) (F)

Jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thinking warm thoughts of you Val, and your Morgan.

Been there--it gets better.

xxxx

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how it would feel to say good bye to our Lab (he's only one year old). I can understand that your heart is broken.

Hope you'll be better soon.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Our sympathy

I had a German Sherper/French Wolf mixed, I know how you feel, I felt like i had taken a canon in my stomach when he was put to sleep also.

Gone but not Forgotten!

I'm so sorry, Val. :( ((HUGS))

You and hubby did the right thing by putting him down, tho I know hearing that doesn't ease your pain any.

Thought of this poem for you.

Time will ease the pain, girl...it's just getting there that's the hard part. (F)

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

(((((((((((((((((((((((Val)))))))))))))))))))))))))))), (((((((((((((((((((((((((((Alan)))))))))))))))))))))))))))),

I am so sorry for your loss. I too know how you feel and how hard it is to say goodbye. You did the right thing for Morgan, though, and he knows. I am sure he thanks you for helping to end his pain.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HEAVEN'S DOGGY-DOOR

My best friend closed his eyes last

night, As his head was in my hand.

The Doctors said he was in pain,

And it was hard for him to stand.

The thoughts that scurried through

my head, As I cradled him in my arms.

Were of his younger, puppy years,

And OH...his many charms.

Today, there was no gentle nudge

With an intense "I love you gaze",

Only a heart thats filled with tears

Remembering our joy filled days.

But an Angel just appeared to me,

And he said, "You should cry no more,

GOD also loves our canine friends,

HE's installed a 'doggy-door"!

(F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F)

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Awww hun, I am SO sorry :( :( - hugs go to you. Bena nd I have a Rottweiler as well, he's about ten months old now and his name's Timber - they are adorable, intelligent, sweet little animals that really remind me of children sometimes, so I totally understand what you're going through. If we lost Timber, my heart would break, so here's a great big cyber-cuddle for you. (F) (F) (F)

england3.gif

3/29/06 - AOS Approved!

3/3/08 - Check cashed for ROC at CSC...

Feb 2009 - Called USCIS to see what the heck was goin' on...

FEB 20th 2009 - Received email - GC on the way!

I am APPROVED for the 10 year PR Card!

367532.png

356980.png

MyBum.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So Sorry (F)

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS