1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

tink99 if you do not fear for your life anymore than you do not have to ask to extend the restraining order, but if you do fear for your life please extend the restraining order.

You can file for divorce, you don't have to wait for him to do that.You can ask the Court not to display your address in the divorce file,because you are victim of DV.In the divorce petition you can mention about his debit and about the dog too.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Thank you Sandra!

I actually do fear for my life again. I thought the counseling would open his eyes. But it does not. I am certain, that once the court process is over and the bond from the judge not active anymore, that he will start harrassing me again with messages and try to talk to me.

I will ask the Domestic Abuse Intervention Center to help me with the papers.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

(((((screaming))))my vawa is approved thank u jesus!!!! Sandra omg i just want to say a hugeeeeeeee! Thank u!!! for your patience and time sandra in august u help me while u where on your lil vacation i had very little time to prepare my case and u helped me thank u ur are a phenomenal woman n i adore u thank u sandra.

Filed: Other Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

biankat go to the IRS web site and get a TRANSCRIPT. It's just one page ok. IRS is more interested to see the transcript than copy of your tax return.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Thank you Sandra, so the day of my interview, I can wall with the transcript and present it to the IO? Will the Transcript be good enough/ Acceptabl

Biankat, transcript works because IRS issues it for you. I have used the transcript as evidence when i filed VAWA. With all do respect, Sandra wouldn't tell you to do it if it wasn't acceptable. Good luck

Edited by leilabird

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

(((((screaming))))my vawa is approved thank u jesus!!!! Sandra omg i just want to say a hugeeeeeeee! Thank u!!! for your patience and time sandra in august u help me while u where on your lil vacation i had very little time to prepare my case and u helped me thank u ur are a phenomenal woman n i adore u thank u sandra.

congrats tdiva!!!

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: Other Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

biankat The IRS transcript proves that you filed tax return.

Thanks Sandra for your response. I tried doing it online they're saying my address is not in their system. Maybe I need to go down there in person?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks Sandra for your response. I tried doing it online they're saying my address is not in their system. Maybe I need to go down there in person?

Yes Biankat, go to your local IRS office, and tell them what you want in person, i know a lady who went to the office, and they printed it for her within 2 hours. goodluck

Edited by mamaof3!

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Multiple inappropriate posts removed. Do not continue or further administrative action will apply. - This thread depends on the cooperation of everyone do not risk being able to participate in it.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I had my AOS Interview yesterday 1/14/15. It seemed to go really well even tho I was a bit nervous lol The lady that did the interview was very nice. It was pretty straight forward, I went in, got swore in, asked for my medical exam, she looked it over, and then asked me some questions that were on the I-485.

After she was done she took a few mins to look at some stuff and then she told me she was approving me! It didn't take long, maybe 15-20 mins for the whole interview! She gave me a letter that said congratulations and I forgot what else it said on it lol and she told me that I would get my new card in the mail in about 3 weeks! She also told me to go down to the SS office to notify them about the change, and to go to the DMV so they can update for my license since it is only valid for a year, same as EAD, and so they can update it to be valid for the duration of the new card, 10 years. She also told me that since I was married to a US Citizen that in 3 years I can apply for citizenship. She said congratulations and walked me out! I was so relieved once I got out of there lol

And by the time I got to my car, like what maybe 2-3 mins, I got an email/text about an update, and I checked it out and said my card had been Ordered! Then through out the day I got about a total of 4 other emails about update, and the last one I got yesterday said this

"My Welcome Notice Was Mailed

On January 14, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number XXX. Please follow the instructions in the notice. Your new permanent resident card should arrive by March 15, 2015, after this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."
I have to say that I am very grateful for this forum! Especially to Sandra for helping me with everything lol, and helping me fill out I-360, I-765, and I-485 forms and answered any questions and concerns I had and I'm sure it was cus of her help that did not have any problems, and no RFE, and had my case go pretty fast, well compared to others timeline I had seen here! She was amazing. Thank you Sandra :) also sent you a PM lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.