1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Congratulations CarGuy! But in your case, I think residency is just a formality: I recall you mentioned you qualified for DACA before, you're as American as any :D

A country of Immigrants, that hates new Immigrants... Maybe if education was a right and NOT a luxury, it would be different.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congratulations CarGuy! But in your case, I think residency is just a formality: I recall you mentioned you qualified for DACA before, you're as American as any :D

Thanks!

lol yes I also have DACA and was going to exp this year 09/15 so was hoping everything would work out before then to not have to spend money and reapply, and yeah things worked out :D

Thanks!

lol yes I also have DACA and was going to exp this year 09/15 so was hoping everything would work out before then to not have to spend money and reapply, and yeah things worked out :D

And it's a shame they don't count your DACA time towards citizenship!

A country of Immigrants, that hates new Immigrants... Maybe if education was a right and NOT a luxury, it would be different.

Timeline

I had my green card through VAWA also.So do we need to update our driver's license as well?does it make diference?would they extend teh time on the license?

Congrats!

You should go update it. The officer lady told me that it was very important that I make sure to go to the SS Office to notify them, and also to update my drivers license. The driveres license is only valid right now up untill EAD expires, so she said to go and update it so that they can raise the expiration to the same as the green card!

Congrats!

You should go update it. The officer lady told me that it was very important that I make sure to go to the SS Office to notify them, and also to update my drivers license. The driveres license is only valid right now up untill EAD expires, so she said to go and update it so that they can raise the expiration to the same as the green card!

I think this might depend on the state. In some states, a DL is only valid for 4 or 5 years. Did you need to pay for the new document?

Filed: Other Timeline

Service request. Check your priority date and the current processing times on the uscis website. I'm saying this because someone from the UK was in this situation and also made a service request and got her interview notice shortly after.

Still, SandraNJ says it may take 2/5 months to adjudicate and I assume this is after the I-360 is approved. I'll leave the final word to her.

Thank you melanieuk! I did a service request and got my interview date!!!

April 2014 I-360, I-765, and I-485 mailed.
May 2014 EAD Received

July 2014 1-360 Approved

Waiting for interview

Timeline

I think this might depend on the state. In some states, a DL is only valid for 4 or 5 years. Did you need to pay for the new document?

Oh yeah sorry about that. Here in AZ, like for example with me, my drivers license is only valid for as long as EAD is valid. and so the new one I get will be valid up until the green card expires. I have not received my new card yet, but I'm sure that I will have to pay for another license with the new expiration date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Oh yeah sorry about that. Here in AZ, like for example with me, my drivers license is only valid for as long as EAD is valid. and so the new one I get will be valid up until the green card expires. I have not received my new card yet, but I'm sure that I will have to pay for another license with the new expiration date.

In NC too, the drivers L is vaild for a year, basically the date on the EAD. But the person at the DL office said when i get my GC, i should come back to have the license changed to 10 years.

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: Other Timeline

Everyone! Congratulations on the new approvals! I am pleased to share everyone that my VAWA is approved!!!!!!!!!!

I looked at the status online and my VAWA case is approved! I am so happy! I am jumping up and down for joy! :dancing::dancing: :joy:

Thank you for everybody that helped me! Sandra and to all my friends! I have messaged you all! (L)

God brought me here and gave me this challenge because He believes in me.

Please to everyone that is still waiting, DO NOT loose hope! I was once so hopeless with my VAWA and God Almighty answered my prayers!

ad majorem dei gloriam! To God be the Greater glory!!!

Edited by NorthArcher

My VAWA Timeline

May 5, 2014 - Filed First VAWA

September 3, 2014 - Filed I485 and I765

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

October 10, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment for i485

Sent USCIS to reopen case, scheduled infopass, wrote to ombudsman

November 4, 2014 - Filed Second VAWA

December 23, 2014 - i765 Approved

January 2, 2015 - Received i765 Card

January 5, 2015 - Applied for SSN

January 12, 2015 - Approval of second Vawa

Approval of second vawa took 2 months and 12 days! No RFE. God is great!

February 9, 2015 - I-485 File is transferred to NBC

May 5,2015 - Received Interview letter for I 485

May 14, 2015 - Interview date

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

TO GOD BE THE GREATER GLORY! AMDG!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.