1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Tonimk, my vawa was approved on 12/09. I received exact same 2 emails from USCIS yesterday. Almost got me a heart attack

I know u get approved 2 days after mine, l was thinking to send u PM:) I hope is not something bad :)

I'm just wholeheartedly grateful. People come up on this website desperately in need of help. Most victims who stay in sheleters, friends' couch/closet, are in hunger and poverty. No dime to hire a lawyer, emotionally devastated by the abuse and humiliation they have gone through and most of all they have no idea what their future is leading up to.

Extending hand with certain things is one thing. But changing our whole lives into a new future is equivalent of God.

Thank you and everybody knows who I'm talking about.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

justice seeker to travel abroad you just need a green card,nothing else.

Vermont usually ship the file to the local office, after a few hours the local office ship to the NBC, after 2/4 months to the NBC and then NBC ship to the local office again.

You don't have inform the bank account about your social security card,if your driver license is valid no need to do anything about either.

You can apply for naturalization after 2.9 months from the time you got the green card, you should file tax return every year!

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Timeline

Hellow everyone and Happy New Year! Sorry Im a little late. But I did get my EAD card couple weeks ago. I applied for SSN but still waiting to get my SSNumber card in the mail.

I am currently looking for jobs right now. :rolleyes: Can you guys share your experience when it comes to finding employment? Like how long did it take you guys. I know it varies with everyone else but just curious. Also, do you guys have any experience here applying for FAFSA to go to school? Im not planning on enrolling but Im thinking of going to college. I remember mamaof3 mentioned that here.Not sure how FAFSA works as far as VAWA applicants are concern. Not sure if I can even afford school. Just ranting. LOL. Anyways, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO US ALL! (better late than never B-) )

Edited by NorthArcher

My VAWA Timeline

May 5, 2014 - Filed First VAWA

September 3, 2014 - Filed I485 and I765

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

October 10, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment for i485

Sent USCIS to reopen case, scheduled infopass, wrote to ombudsman

November 4, 2014 - Filed Second VAWA

December 23, 2014 - i765 Approved

January 2, 2015 - Received i765 Card

January 5, 2015 - Applied for SSN

January 12, 2015 - Approval of second Vawa

Approval of second vawa took 2 months and 12 days! No RFE. God is great!

February 9, 2015 - I-485 File is transferred to NBC

May 5,2015 - Received Interview letter for I 485

May 14, 2015 - Interview date

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

TO GOD BE THE GREATER GLORY! AMDG!

justice seeker to travel abroad you just need a green card,nothing else.

Vermont usually ship the file to the local office, after a few hours the local office ship to the NBC, after 2/4 months to the NBC and then NBC ship to the local office again.

You don't have inform the bank account about your social security card,if your driver license is valid no need to do anything about either.

You can apply for naturalization after 2.9 months from the time you got the green card, you should file tax return every year!

Sandranj,

Thank you so much for ur reply.So I applied for travel document inseptember 2013.I never got it till now.I got my green card june 2014.USCIS sent me email and text messages december 2014 that my travel document is approved and they are sending it to me.I received nothing,contacted them,made erequest then they called them they said to me contact Vermont center in writing we cannot give u any details as u r VAWA.

Any explanation?I am totally confused...what is going on??????????????

Second question:Do I have to inform DMV,bank accounts or any other agencies that now I have green card so I can gain more benefits?

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Sandra, you're saying VERMONT-> LOCAL OFFICE-> NBC -> NBC -> LOCAL OFFICE ? I'm a little confused here.

oh now i got it! :)

Leilabird, if you got what Sandra said, explain pls... will it really go to NBC twice? and is this before of after interview? Thanks

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hellow everyone and Happy New Year! Sorry Im a little late. But I did get my EAD card couple weeks ago. I applied for SSN but still waiting to get my SSNumber card in the mail.

I am currently looking for jobs right now. :rolleyes: Can you guys share your experience when it comes to finding employment? Like how long did it take you guys. I know it varies with everyone else but just curious. Also, do you guys have any experience here applying for FAFSA to go to school? Im not planning on enrolling but Im thinking of going to college. I remember mamaof3 mentioned that here.Not sure how FAFSA works as far as VAWA applicants are concern. Not sure if I can even afford school. Just ranting. LOL. Anyways, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO US ALL! (better late than never B-) )

Hey Northarcher,

ss card should be with you in 4-7 days after applying, getting a job depends on what you are applying for and your experience, it did not take me long to get a job but wasn't the kind of money i wanted, but who cares eh? I Have a JOB!! lol..

You can apply for FAFSA without any problems, just have your primafacie or vawa approval with you, very straight forward. There is also a letter you can take, here is the link if they give you a hard time. (http://ifap.ed.gov/d...rs/GEN1007.html )

Hope this helps a little.. Take care

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

justice seeker once you become a green card holder you do not have any benefits to gain before reaching 5 years as a resident permanent.

Opening a bank account is not a benefit,having a DL is not a benefit, that being sad you do not have to inform anyone.I answered you already about the travel document(advance parole)

Filed: Other Timeline

Okay. Thnks so much for the info mamaof3!

My VAWA Timeline

May 5, 2014 - Filed First VAWA

September 3, 2014 - Filed I485 and I765

September 7, 2014 - Found out USCIS administratively closed my i360 because US postal service sent my RFE letter back to Vermont

October 10, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment for i485

Sent USCIS to reopen case, scheduled infopass, wrote to ombudsman

November 4, 2014 - Filed Second VAWA

December 23, 2014 - i765 Approved

January 2, 2015 - Received i765 Card

January 5, 2015 - Applied for SSN

January 12, 2015 - Approval of second Vawa

Approval of second vawa took 2 months and 12 days! No RFE. God is great!

February 9, 2015 - I-485 File is transferred to NBC

May 5,2015 - Received Interview letter for I 485

May 14, 2015 - Interview date

June 22, 2015 - Received Welcome letter and Approval letter. Will receive Green Card within 2-3 weeks

TO GOD BE THE GREATER GLORY! AMDG!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I am hoping that someone has an advice for me or personal experience about extending the restraining order and filing for divorce...

I am in the process of the VAWA and have received a Prima Facie recently... I am not sure about what will happen to my AOS and EAD yet, as it had been sent in before the VAWA and has an RFE for the affidativ, which I am unable to reply to. I had sent an explanation with the Prma Facie, but ahve not heard back yet.

I do want to extend the restraining order and I am a little nervous about that, as I have a feeling that my husband will get really really really angry with me ...

I am scared that he will appear in court... I am scared of seeing him ever again to be honest... I thought that he may see why I left and why he got charged with 6 charges if he does counseling... But he still pretends in front of his friends that he has not done anything wrong and that I would have used him...

In the beginning I thought that he may be willing to file for a divorce together... Now I am worried he will fight for that we stay married...

I am worried because he has a lot of debts from before we got married and I am scared that I will have to pay for those now too...

He was doing well in paying them back and seemed as if he had turned his life around and had everyone fooled for a very long time before he showed his true face, after we got married...

We have only been married for about 6 months now... I do not intend to request any money from him or any objects etc... I just want my peace and not have him in my life anymore... The police had surrendered the dog we have to me, when he got arrested and I am sure he will try to get the judge convinced to make me pay his debts and get custody of the dog...

I had paid for all her medical bills and insurance and he had mistreated her too...

I am just anxious and worried...

Filed: Other Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

My vaea was approved in September, my lawyer did and info pass and the officer told him am being rescheduled for a i485 interview, my problem is I filed taxes last year but now am unbale to find it, i think I must have thrown it out. What do I do? cause now am trying to put all my documents together

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.