1,449 posts in this topic

Hi all, im new here and have some questions . I know guy friend who married this girl, shes here on F1 visa. My friend found out she married him for immigration benefits and that she wanted to bring all her family members here after so they can all receive benefits such as medicaid ,financial aid, food stamps..etc. He immediately stop meeting her and abandoned the interview and his i130. He also found out her visa expired before they met and before she filed for aos. Her reason for denial was that she was already out of status and present unlawfully so shes ineligible to adjust. She abused F1 visa with the intent to immigrate, not just her but her relatives are also helping her to bring other family members over permanently. What if she file for vawa, what are her chances for vawa?He never abused her . Can she still get back to her F1 without leaving the country?

During aos process, her i864 was denied several times, never went through. In her denial letter, they didnt give her 30 days to leave but it said for her to leave as soon as possible. She is refusing to leave cuz her mission is to bring her whole family over. So i think she will file vawa or remarry. Let know what you guys think

You wanted our opinion, let me tell you my opinion.

You're saying your friend has divorced her. Basically, whatever she does aftermath of divorce is not your nor your friend's concern. She can do whatever she wants. She wanted her family come over to the states just for the purpose of public benefits is circumstantial. She was never abused by your friend sounds partial. If you are aware of domestic violence, it is a crime that sometimes has no psysical evidence. Therefore, people who are trained to evaluate whether or not there was an actual physical/emiotional violence existed between the two. You and I can't just say there was or there was not.

Edited by leilabird

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Immigrant visas are always available to immediate relatives of U.S. citizens,and the AOS cases are adjudicated in the order the cases are received,but some cases take longer than others due background check. The priority date to US Citizen's spouses is always current,that being said your AOS can take 3/4/5/6 months to be adjudicated,

Are the background checks done before or after the interview?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

blest,but.strest the background check they do before the interview.Despite we have a few cases here that the aliens attended interview, and the officers told they had to wait cause the background check wasn't completely done yet.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

Hey guys, how is everybody doing? My VAWA case was approved back in September 2014 and I haven't done anything so far in terms of filing for AOS and stuff. Just slowly recovering, even though I still see my wife in my nightmares. Also, my court hearing is not until May, so...

I hear that people say that current wait time to have your case AOS-ed is 5-6 months. Has it always been this long, or was it increased since Obama announced the executive actions for some immigrants?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Dodgertown USCIS did not increase the time for adjustment of status.

Did you receive Deferred action when they approved your Vawa?. Keep in mind the deferred action is valid for 15 months. Do not take long time to submit form I485 ok.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm going to VAWA-based AOS interview in a few days, nervous!

Good luck, when are you going?

Mine is next week on the 14, and also starting to feel a bit nervous now that the day is getting closer lol

And happy new year everyone!

Faith keeper Happy new year!! Was wondering what happen to your case too..am still waiting going on 7months..l have decided to just wait till she (my IO) decides to make a decision...someone told me that they dont like when you keep inquiring..seems like all my service requests and infopass are useless..l guess more power to them,they will decide wenever they feel like.they dont care..

Well I had an infopass on Dec 29 and when the officer realised my case hasn't been touched since I revoked my attorney she went upstairs to inquire what's going on well she babble to her about me not being current since my spouse is an LPR I told the officer I have been current for about 3 to 4 months now an the fingerprints she requested from my son has been done since in August so the IO told me she placed the files on the IO desk an she will adjudicate. Sure enough she did I got my email stating I will received my welcome letter an Greencard in the mail praise be to God BUT with one last hiccup as my journey is one for the big screen lol my sons' medical has expired so she wrote me an requested a new one to be done an submitted by Jan 29 so I had it done over the weekend again and going for it tonight an will mail off tomorrow so hopefully now she can approve my sons' case too. Will keep you posted I'm glad I had gone because Sandra was right sometimes they forget your case considering they have such a heavy workload maybe you should go an ask to speak to a supervisor you've been waiting longer than I have.

Lank I'm so very happy for you thank God you finally got a date!!!

Good luck, when are you going?

Mine is next week on the 14, and also starting to feel a bit nervous now that the day is getting closer lol

And happy new year everyone!

God be with you carguy!! You will be fine.

Filed: Other Timeline

This is what I got today. My local office must be very busy.

Your I-485 application is waiting for an interview date to become available. USCIS will schedule you for an interview by notify you by mail. You will receive an appointment letter indicating the date, time, and location of the interview.

April 2014 I-360, I-765, and I-485 mailed.
May 2014 EAD Received

July 2014 1-360 Approved

Waiting for interview

Faithkeeper am so happy for you! Congrats! I,ll try and make another infopass and see may they forgot about my file.

Thanks missymd you never know maybe they did clearly mines was just sitting there.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello and good evening to all... I wanted to come on here and give a BIG BIG BIG thanks to Sandra!! I filed my VAWA petiton on my own in Aug and they sent an RFE and she helped me out a lot!... On the 5th of this month I got approved!! :joy:I am waiting on my approval notice and then I will go from there. This was the first step to a long road but I am getting there. Thanks again Sandra!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.