1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

What should I do then?

Service request. Check your priority date and the current processing times on the uscis website. I'm saying this because someone from the UK was in this situation and also made a service request and got her interview notice shortly after.

Still, SandraNJ says it may take 2/5 months to adjudicate and I assume this is after the I-360 is approved. I'll leave the final word to her.

A country of Immigrants, that hates new Immigrants... Maybe if education was a right and NOT a luxury, it would be different.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Henry 1070 The AOS can take 3 6months to be adjudicated .I had just one case that took 2 months, all other cases took 3/ 6 months. Do not inquire USCIS if you are not waiting at least 6 months.It's considered normal the processing time if you are waiting 60/90 days.

Filed: Other Timeline

Henry 1070 The AOS can take 3 6months to be adjudicated .I had just one case that took 2 months, all other cases took 3/ 6 months. Do not inquire USCIS if you are not waiting at least 6 months.It's considered normal the processing time if you are waiting 60/90 days.

6 months from VAWA approval or from being sent to local office? Thanks!

April 2014 I-360, I-765, and I-485 mailed.
May 2014 EAD Received

July 2014 1-360 Approved

Waiting for interview

Timeline

Henry as i said before USCIS takes 3/5 months to have the AOS case (adjustment of status) adjudicated,adjudicated means " to make a decision:.

Vawa Unit usually ship the file from Vermont to the NBC in 30/60 days, the NBC ship to the local office in 2/4 months, and the local office set up the interview.

Edited by sandranj

Happy New Year to all those on the journey like myself haven't been on in a while....I too am waiting on a I485 decision but let's not give up guys there is a sun behind the clouds hope it's a year of many many approvals and mending of broken hearts!!!!

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

mashaka911, on 12 Aug 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:snapback.png

what state are you in?

I hope so to darling. And we will. Very soon. ;)

I live in Arkansas. My local office is Fort Smith. I have been checking their processing times and this week they updated it to February 14. My notice date is February 10 so I was able to file a service request with USCIS this week. I'm hoping that might speed up my file being moved to the local office and them setting an interview. I already had biometrics months ago and last week I did an updated medical in case they ask for that. I'm ready to go as soon as they are!

Hannah B mentioned this back in August. Even though it takes 3/6 months to process, if your priority date is beyond their processing time, you may submit a service request.

A country of Immigrants, that hates new Immigrants... Maybe if education was a right and NOT a luxury, it would be different.

Faith keeper Happy new year!! Was wondering what happen to your case too..am still waiting going on 7months..l have decided to just wait till she (my IO) decides to make a decision...someone told me that they dont like when you keep inquiring..seems like all my service requests and infopass are useless..l guess more power to them,they will decide wenever they feel like.they dont care..

Timeline

Immigrant visas are always available to “immediate relatives” of U.S. citizens,and the AOS cases are adjudicated in the order the cases are received,but some cases take longer than others due background check. The priority date to US Citizen's spouses is always current,that being said your AOS can take 3/4/5/6 months to be adjudicated,

Edited by sandranj

Hi all, im new here and have some questions . I know guy friend who married this girl, shes here on F1 visa. My friend found out she married him for immigration benefits and that she wanted to bring all her family members here after so they can all receive benefits such as medicaid ,financial aid, food stamps..etc. He immediately stop meeting her and abandoned the interview and his i130. He also found out her visa expired before they met and before she filed for aos. Her reason for denial was that she was already out of status and present unlawfully so shes ineligible to adjust. She abused F1 visa with the intent to immigrate, not just her but her relatives are also helping her to bring other family members over permanently. What if she file for vawa, what are her chances for vawa?He never abused her . Can she still get back to her F1 without leaving the country?

During aos process, her i864 was denied several times, never went through. In her denial letter, they didnt give her 30 days to leave but it said for her to leave as soon as possible. She is refusing to leave cuz her mission is to bring her whole family over. So i think she will file vawa or remarry. Let know what you guys think

Timeline

lotal333 the story you told here is very confusing, you said her I-864 was denied several times,I-864 ,first of all the affidavit of support (I864) is signed by the US Citizen, then I couldn't understand what you said regarding her I-864 being denied several times.

Her family cannot t receive medicaid, financial aid,food stamp if they are not a resident permanent of the United States for at least 5 years.

You said she was already out of status and present unlawfully so she was ineligible to adjust status, this information is not correct either.She could adjust her status with the F1 visa expired,it's not a problem. It seems she got a denial,because her husband probably withdrew the I-864 and then USCIS denied her Adjustment of Status.

She can file Vawa, but she has to prove that she was abused, then she needs to have or a police report or/and a psychological evaluation stating about the abuse.

If she does not leave the US, she will get a notice to appear in Court (NTA),and once she gets the NTA getting married is not an option anymore, I mean she can try, but the chances are slim to have the AOS approved through a new marriage after removal proceedings started.

The best advice you can give to your friend is to divorced her and move on.If he has proof that she got married just to get a green card, he can end his marriage filing for annulment based in fraud.

If she files VAWA your friend won't be able to get any information about her Vawa ever,then the best thing to do is move on.

Edited by sandranj

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.