Janelle2002

NYPD shooting victim’s family: Stay away, Sharpton!

109 posts in this topic

Yeah well race hasn't been proven to play a part in any of these police related issues. Don't worry though. It will eventually. Just keep swinging at that ball until you make contact. Problem is by the time you do make contact, everyone will have gotten bored of you swinging and missing over and over and over, and went home.

Keep telling everyone the sky is falling though if it makes you feel better.

Really? Then tell me the last time a white man was shot reaching for his wallet. Because these things are procedure right? Meaning that all these situations happen to everyone.

From what I have gathered from VJ postings here, it seems like the black community has this siege mentality that everyone is targeting them because of skin color.

It is a default bias mode that everyone (except black people) is racist towards them.

This is for Marvin, in case he has not seen the news yet.

This guy is taken into custody ALIVE, after stabbing 4 people in the train.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/06/justice/michigan-amtrak-stabbings/

Maybe you shouldn't base things off what's posted here. Try having a conversation with a black person. You might be surprised.

One guy gets taken into custody alive, we've reached the top of the mountain. :rolleyes:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Really? Then tell me the last time a white man was shot reaching for his wallet. Because these things are procedure right? Meaning that all these situations happen to everyone.

See the problem is you find a one off situation where a cop overracted and shot a guy, and just because he was black, that's automatic racism in your mind. In fact anything bad that happens to a black person is racism, and then you want everyone to prove that it isn't. That's not the way it works in normal world. You don't make outrageous claims and then tell everyone to prove you wrong. You offer some kind of evidence, and then work from there.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Yes, they do. The difference is that when it happens to a white guy, it goes unnoticed. There are no headlines, no cries of racism, and no looting or rioting. There are no Al Sharptons or Jesse Jacksons pulling up in their limos feigning outrage and demanding justice. When a white guy gets killed, it's simply all part of a normal day.

Edited by Teddy B

See the problem is you find a one off situation where a cop overracted and shot a guy, and just because he was black, that's automatic racism in your mind. In fact anything bad that happens to a black person is racism, and then you want everyone to prove that it isn't. That's not the way it works in normal world. You don't make outrageous claims and then tell everyone to prove you wrong. You offer some kind of evidence, and then work from there.

So tell me, why did he overreact? What was different about this stop than all the others? Has this officer had this problem before with anyone else? You want me to provide proof? Evidence? Okay. This guy wasn't on the job for the first day. This wasn't a night time stop in a bad neighborhood. It was broad daylight at a gas station. Even when he asked the guy there wasn't a single indication there was going to be trouble. And yet his first response was to go for his gun and start shooting? What do you think caused his overreaction?

Your problem is(along with a lot of people) is you think it has to be KKK or the N-word. That's the only way you can accept it being racist, when it can be nothing else. But here's how you know something is racist, since I have to spell it out. It's when you break procedure. When you do it for one and not the other, or vice versa. Like the kid who bought the belt and got locked up for it. Know how we know it's racist? Because the store nor anyone who worked there said it's procedure to let someone buy something with a stolen credit card and then let them leave and arrest them. The procedure is to check the ID against the card. Which was done when he produced his ID to buy the belt with his card. Had there been an issue, one phone call to the bank/credit company would have cleared it all up. Instead, they made an assumption that he couldn't afford the belt(I wonder why) and set out to arrest him. And when it was all said and done and he complained, the company could have showed that it's policy to do that. But it didn't. Because it wasn't policy.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Yes, they do. The difference is that when it happens to a white guy, it goes unnoticed. There are no headlines, no cries of racism, and no looting or rioting. There are no Al Sharptons or Jesse Jacksons pulling up in their limos feigning outrage and demanding justice. When a white guy gets killed, it's simply all part of a normal day.

I'm from Missouri. The show me state. So, show me where a white guy was shot going for his wallet. Everyone says this happens, yet no link ever comes up. The last person who was shot for going for his wallet was this dude :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Amadou_Diallo

The only person who was white and MIGHT fit this description Dillion Taylor. But there was a body camera involved. So I can't speak on this until they say whether he was armed or not. The cop who shot him was black. And folks are demanding justice.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/3/justice-dillon-taylor-after-white-utah-man-fatally/

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I'm from Missouri. The show me state. So, show me where a white guy was shot going for his wallet. Everyone says this happens, yet no link ever comes up. The last person who was shot for going for his wallet was this dude :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Amadou_Diallo

The only person who was white and MIGHT fit this description Dillion Taylor. But there was a body camera involved. So I can't speak on this until they say whether he was armed or not. The cop who shot him was black. And folks are demanding justice.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/3/justice-dillon-taylor-after-white-utah-man-fatally/

How bout you show me that race was proven to be the reason the black guy got shot going for his wallet? You're the one making the racism claims, back them up.

Folks are demanding justice in the Dillon Taylor case, which they should. But where's all the rioting, looting and protesting? Why wasn't this all over the front pages and the top story on the news for the past 3 months?

White guys get killed all of the time in all sorts of different scenarios, difference is it doesn't make the headlines and white people for the most part allow the justice system to play out.

One guy gets taken into custody alive, we've reached the top of the mountain. :rolleyes:

I was trying to show you an example > You were arguing before that cop will shoot black people for violent crimes, but will not shoot if the person is white.

We could also spin the story that the black guy stabbed 4 white people because he hated white people. And then white people could take to the street to protest hate crime against white people.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

There are times when procedure is not followed, like when the guy was shot reaching for his wallet. Wasn't the cop fired and charged? Perhaps there was racism involved, but I think the reaction to the incident was correct - fired and charged with a crim.

When procedure is followed, which I think it was in the Michael Brown case, and apparently the grand jury agreed, there should be no protest, no cries of racism. But, yet there was violent riots and nonsensical protests (hand's up, don't shoot)

When there are issues of racism that are not dealt with correctly; then I, and most others, will support it. But, when procedure is followed, or when it is not and it is dealt with correctly; then there should not be an issue.

Timeline

So tell me, why did he overreact? What was different about this stop than all the others? Has this officer had this problem before with anyone else? You want me to provide proof? Evidence? Okay. This guy wasn't on the job for the first day. This wasn't a night time stop in a bad neighborhood. It was broad daylight at a gas station. Even when he asked the guy there wasn't a single indication there was going to be trouble. And yet his first response was to go for his gun and start shooting? What do you think caused his overreaction?

Your problem is(along with a lot of people) is you think it has to be KKK or the N-word. That's the only way you can accept it being racist, when it can be nothing else. But here's how you know something is racist, since I have to spell it out. It's when you break procedure. When you do it for one and not the other, or vice versa. Like the kid who bought the belt and got locked up for it. Know how we know it's racist? Because the store nor anyone who worked there said it's procedure to let someone buy something with a stolen credit card and then let them leave and arrest them. The procedure is to check the ID against the card. Which was done when he produced his ID to buy the belt with his card. Had there been an issue, one phone call to the bank/credit company would have cleared it all up. Instead, they made an assumption that he couldn't afford the belt(I wonder why) and set out to arrest him. And when it was all said and done and he complained, the company could have showed that it's policy to do that. But it didn't. Because it wasn't policy.

He shot him because he was black. Better now? And BFD if he did. He should go to jail either way. Newsflash, there's idiots in the world. That doesn't give a whole other segment of society a reason to act like idiots because of it.

How bout you show me that race was proven to be the reason the black guy got shot going for his wallet? You're the one making the racism claims, back them up.

Folks are demanding justice in the Dillon Taylor case, which they should. But where's all the rioting, looting and protesting? Why wasn't this all over the front pages and the top story on the news for the past 3 months?

White guys get killed all of the time in all sorts of different scenarios, difference is it doesn't make the headlines and white people for the most part allow the justice system to play out.

And yet, you still can't produce a case where a white person was killed going for a wallet. Do you really think a cop is going to flat out say that's the reason? Tell you what, why don't you tell me why you think he shot him?

Because there was a body cam involved. Also, there was a claim of a gun being on the scene. Was he left out in the street for 4 hours? Were there accounts of him having his hands up? Just curious.

Really? Since white people get shot all the time for reaching for a wallet, shouldn't be too hard to find an example right? Or getting arrested for buying a belt. Or smoking in their own driveways. Or being shot 7 times, handcuffed, and left to bleed out. The sad thing about this case? The store owner lied and said the thief was black, and he knew the cops would come faster with this fact. That's a damn shame.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I was trying to show you an example > You were arguing before that cop will shoot black people for violent crimes, but will not shoot if the person is white.

We could also spin the story that the black guy stabbed 4 white people because he hated white people. And then white people could take to the street to protest hate crime against white people.

I'm glad they apprehended him without killing him.

There are times when procedure is not followed, like when the guy was shot reaching for his wallet. Wasn't the cop fired and charged? Perhaps there was racism involved, but I think the reaction to the incident was correct - fired and charged with a crim.

When procedure is followed, which I think it was in the Michael Brown case, and apparently the grand jury agreed, there should be no protest, no cries of racism. But, yet there was violent riots and nonsensical protests (hand's up, don't shoot)

When there are issues of racism that are not dealt with correctly; then I, and most others, will support it. But, when procedure is followed, or when it is not and it is dealt with correctly; then there should not be an issue.

That's why there wasn't a protest. And I'm all about procedure. As far as Brown was concerned, there was a few things that weren't procedure, but it's getting close to that time. I don't fight the Man after 1600.

He shot him because he was black. Better now? And BFD if he did. He should go to jail either way. Newsflash, there's idiots in the world. That doesn't give a whole other segment of society a reason to act like idiots because of it.

I would respond to this but it's too close to quitting time. Can we resume this in the morning?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

I would respond to this but it's too close to quitting time. Can we resume this in the morning?

Ahh the black man's Achille's heel. Pick a fight with him after 4 pm and there's no way he'll stay at work late to finish it. I'm putting this one in my back pocket for later. :devil:

Ahh the black man's Achille's heel. Pick a fight with him after 4 pm and there's no way he'll stay at work late to finish it. I'm putting this one in my back pocket for later. :devil:

Damn right. I'm only a crusader for black rights during working hours. Afterwards, it's all about getting my school work done, preparing for retirement and playing video games. If anyone has a PS4, pm me their handle. Tired of these noobs on Destiny messing up my missions.

Damn union man.

Government is 24 hours. I only rage against the system when I'm getting paid.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm from Missouri. The show me state.

now called "the shot me" state....

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!