Janelle2002

NYPD shooting victim’s family: Stay away, Sharpton!

109 posts in this topic

al sharpto is played to death. i don't think it matters if a black or a white person is commenting regarding sharpton or jesse, as long as they're commenting about how they don't matter. do you think they matter? i've never understood why they keep coming up.

probably didn't clarify anything, but i don't see the double standard. go figure.

i installed hangouts and sent an invite to marvin. but then i never got any notification to join come six, so i made some pizza and played dr mario for a few hours.

They keep coming up because folks like our President and other members of the black community keep giving them face time and credence. So yeah, when our President is inviting Sharpton to a sit down regarding race issues, and Sharpton continues to be the main voice of the black community he's kinda important, don't ya think?

You can't see the double standard from the ghetto.

I don' get it. What is funny about your comment?

:lol:

Just want to get the ground rules straight here. It's ok for black members of VJ to post threads and make comments regarding Al Sharpton, but not ok for the white folks to do the same? I thought Al Sharpton was played to death? Can someone please give a little clarity on this? These double standards have become very confusing.

I'll be your huckleberry.

I don't have a problem with talking about Al or Jesse here as long as it's within context. But let's be clear. In this place, according to the folks who post about them, they're the reason racism exists. Like this situations that happen only to black people happen to white people as well, even though they don't, because I have yet to see the white person shot for getting their wallet or get hauled downtown to the police station for buying a belt.

And to be more clear, I wish we didn't have Al or Jesse. Because it shows there's still a stark difference between how you're treated and how I'm treated.

Get used to it. It's the way it is these days, and isn't just on VJ.

It's the same thing like how folks here who aren't black can make it about race all damn day and not get called out about it. Let Janelle or I do the same thing, we're obsessed about it.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

They keep coming up because folks like our President and other members of the black community keep giving them face time and credence. So yeah, when our President is inviting Sharpton to a sit down regarding race issues, and Sharpton continues to be the main voice of the black community he's kinda important, don't ya think?

You can't see the double standard from the ghetto.

:lol:

you lost me at black community. honestly, i don't know anyone who thinks sharpton is a leader of the black community. no one who even thinks he is an okay person. that's why i asked about the double standard. trying to figure out what that is..

when i step out of my front door first thing in the morning i smell cow patties and biosolids in the air; still stratching my head on that one teddy my dear.

Yea. I came down with a sudden illness. Aren't you the one that stood Marvin and I up. We ended talking about movies. I Saw the Devil, Korean movie, was good.

I don' get it. What is funny about your comment?

Told you, when it comes to movies, I know my stuff.

al sharpto is played to death. i don't think it matters if a black or a white person is commenting regarding sharpton or jesse, as long as they're commenting about how they don't matter. do you think they matter? i've never understood why they keep coming up.

probably didn't clarify anything, but i don't see the double standard. go figure.

i installed hangouts and sent an invite to marvin. but then i never got any notification to join come six, so i made some pizza and played dr mario for a few hours.

I went about this all wrong. Next time I'll be the focal point and send out the invites. Me and Janelle were waiting for folks to join in.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I went about this all wrong. Next time I'll be the focal point and send out the invites. Me and Janelle were waiting for folks to join in.

yeah, you'll have to because i have no idea how to join in.

I'll be your huckleberry.

I don't have a problem with talking about Al or Jesse here as long as it's within context. But let's be clear. In this place, according to the folks who post about them, they're the reason racism exists. Like this situations that happen only to black people happen to white people as well, even though they don't, because I have yet to see the white person shot for getting their wallet or get hauled downtown to the police station for buying a belt.

And to be more clear, I wish we didn't have Al or Jesse. Because it shows there's still a stark difference between how you're treated and how I'm treated.

It's the same thing like how folks here who aren't black can make it about race all damn day and not get called out about it. Let Janelle or I do the same thing, we're obsessed about it.

Al and Jesse ARE a big part of the problem and the people who fall for their act are as well. They don't care about the victims, they care about getting their face on tv and putting money in their bank accounts. They're race hustlers and they use their own people so they can prosper. If Al and Jesse went away, I bet race relations would improve.

I thought you didn't live on a farm?

i don't. i live on main street smack dab in the middle of 'town'. thing is surrounding main street is nothing but farmland, horse country. cow poo and biosolids stink far and wide.

you lost me at black community. honestly, i don't know anyone who thinks sharpton is a leader of the black community. no one who even thinks he is an okay person. that's why i asked about the double standard. trying to figure out what that is..

when i step out of my front door first thing in the morning i smell cow patties and biosolids in the air; still stratching my head on that one teddy my dear.

Not sure why you see fit to comment on this issue at all then really.

Things are hard in the hood, eh? :lol:

Not sure why you see fit to comment on this issue at all then really.

Things are hard in the hood, eh? :lol:

i was asking about the double standard you mentioned - that's all.

Al and Jesse ARE a big part of the problem and the people who fall for their act are as well. They don't care about the victims, they care about getting their face on tv and putting money in their bank accounts. They're race hustlers and they use their own people so they can prosper. If Al and Jesse went away, I bet race relations would improve.

I doubt it. Because they aren't causing black folks to be shot in this manner, or get mistreated by police. That's the issue. Folks are doing this backwards. The effect can't be the cause. Treat people equally. Let the law work in the same way for ALL of her citizens. Once that's done, they won't have a job and they can get the hell out of dodge.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I doubt it. Because they aren't causing black folks to be shot in this manner, or get mistreated by police. That's the issue. Folks are doing this backwards. The effect can't be the cause. Treat people equally. Let the law work in the same way for ALL of her citizens. Once that's done, they won't have a job and they can get the hell out of dodge.

That's almost like extortion. It's like saying "You'll have to deal with these shysters until things are they way WE want them"

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

The problem lies with seeing racism where it doesn't exist, wanting special treatment and destroying cities and towns when they don't get it. That's what causes the greatest divide. I used to be concerned with racial issues and want to help fix the problems that exist. But I have come to the conclusion that it's a losing battle and not because of the racist acts of some white people, but because of the actions of the black community every time an incident occurs. Slowly but surely I've lost any sympathy I had for black people and the problems they face. I have come to the conclusion that most of the problems they have are self inflicted and there is nothing anyone else but themselves can do to fix it.