Janelle2002

NYPD shooting victim’s family: Stay away, Sharpton!

109 posts in this topic

I don't know how you have the patience. I'm so done with this watering hole for bigots.

Because it's me and my family they're slandering when they talk about black people. My friends who work just as hard, if not harder to get a mediocre amount of respect. We're not all murderous thugs or some welfare collecting bums as told here.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

when a white person says 'black' in a forum such as this, they're obviously talking to the "black community" and certainly not lumping all black people together. from my time at vj, i have learned that 'black' and 'black community' are fairly interchangeable, as long as the subject fits loosely into one of the following categories:

1. black people who commit crimes (any and all, even parking tickets)

2. black people who have 'too many babies"

3. black people who use artificial insemination

4. black people who procreate without the sanctity of marraige

5. black people who used to be married, but are now single parents (probably for that eic, yo)

6. black people not in school

7. black people who used to be in school, but are not in school anymore

8. black people who didn't 'get an education' if they went to school or not

9. black people in gangs

10. black people who are not always honest

11. black people who fail to do the hard personal work of self growth (white people seem to have this hardwired)

12. black people who refuse to take full accountability for the black community (without nagging/prompting from other white people)

am i missing something?

Of which none of them are in here. You have two black people, Janelle and I. We're handling our business, like we should be. And yet, there's a strong chance, even keeping my nose clean, I can be a victim of police brutality, a greater chance because I'm a black male. That's where the problem is. Instead of telling black folks to fix themselves, learn to tell the difference between the two. Because I don't assume you're some meth head or a white collar criminal based on your skin color. I look at each person individually and make my judgements based on your actions ALONE, not the demographic you happen to be a part of.

Wonder where they got the mentality from? Janelle, you kill anyone this week? I must be behind on my quota.

Geez, I think all of this daily victimization is clouding your judgement.

You are handling your business, that's great. That means you are not the part of the black community that is at the heart of these racial issues. Yet you insist on coming here every day and making post after post about racism against blacks. You are inserting yourself into the situation as a spokesperson. Don't you understand that? I can't help it if you are black and insist on talking about black issues on a predominantly white discussion board. Who else would you suggest that I address when I answer YOUR posts?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm going to be honest. When I see (especially someone in the age of 50-65) a black person I. A role that is of distinction (doctor, lawyer, judge, etc) I honestly want to tell them good for them. It couldn't have been easy with the discrimination to get through school and make it. Especially down here in the south. Does it make me racist? I hope not.

However when I see people like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton as well as anybody involved in the gangsta culture I want to shake my head. Kids need more to aspire to.

Again you say it's the individual committing these crimes, not black people as a whole. Yet when a black man is justifiably killed by the cops, that's somehow a crime committed against all black folks. Which is it? Is it the black community as a whole when they're victims? Or is the individual when they're doing the victimizing? That's a pretty sweet double standard you have going on there.

It's the same concept as race talks here. You and the rest of the white men can talk about black people and race all day and it's cool. It's not making it about race, even though it is. If I point this out, I'm called out. Talk about double standard. Let me start a thread and say white dude with a gun kills people. See how far I get.

What you can never understand is this. Black people are viewed as a whole. That's a fact of life. Look at these posts. Look at the one Exexpat just started. It's against us because people can't tell the difference. He's black, that's all that matters. Because when it's positive, it's the exception, never the rule.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Ahh Marv's spokeswoman speaks again. Wassup Valniqua?

it bothers you that i speak whenever i want, about whatever i want, instead of waiting for the okay from the WBB, huh.

(F)

Because it's me and my family they're slandering when they talk about black people. My friends who work just as hard, if not harder to get a mediocre amount of respect. We're not all murderous thugs or some welfare collecting bums as told here.

I hope you're going to understand what I'm saying here:

I do not, have not, and will not group you with black criminals. If we are having a lengthy discussion about crime in the black community and we're talking about black criminals; I would like it if you could understand that I'm speaking only of black criminals, not all blacks. I would hope this would be clear in the context of the conversation that, if I at some point say "blacks", I'm only speaking about black criminals, since that is the topic. Context is important.

I would also like it if you could grant me the same respect and not group me with all racists whites just because I thought I could discuss this with you. I assume that I, as a decent person, could discuss this topic without being labeled a racist. Let me know if I'm wrong.

There are some whites who are bigots and there are some who are not. Distinguishing between the two is important; just as you feel it is important to distinguish you and Janelle from black criminals.

Again you say it's the individual committing these crimes, not black people as a whole. Yet when a black man is justifiably killed by the cops, that's somehow a crime committed against all black folks. Which is it? Is it the black community as a whole when they're victims? Or is the individual when they're doing the victimizing? That's a pretty sweet double standard you have going on there.

This is exactly the double standard I was talking about the other day. When it's something bad that a black person did, it's his fault and don't you dare lump me in that category. But when a black man has an injustice done to him, it's all about the black community rising up and banding together. Guess what, it doesn't work that way.

Filed: Other Timeline

I would also like it if you could grant me the same respect and not group me with all racists whites just because I thought I could discuss this with you. I assume that I, as a decent person, could discuss this topic without being labeled a racist. Let me know if I'm wrong.

You're wrong.

Oh cry me a river. It's just fine when it's the black community banding together andcalling out Whitey for a racial injustice, but mention me in the same breath with the black thugs from the hood and now it's different. I'm not like them.

Geez, I think all of this daily victimization is clouding your judgement.

You are handling your business, that's great. That means you are not the part of the black community that is at the heart of these racial issues. Yet you insist on coming here every day and making post after post about racism against blacks. You are inserting yourself into the situation as a spokesperson. Don't you understand that? I can't help it if you are black and insist on talking about black issues on a predominantly white discussion board. Who else would you suggest that I address when I answer YOUR posts?

The problems you speak of. Babies and crime. This isn't exclusive to the black community. Doctors, lawyers, and the such are part of the black community as well. So, maybe when you say black community, it shouldn't be regulated to the most negative aspects of such community. Because let's be honest. How can I NOT bring these things up when day in and day out black people are drug through the ringer here? If I didn't speak, who would? Janelle? Val?

Very few people here speak in context when it comes to black people here. There's no separation at all.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yeah but you're all victims. According to you anyway.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

The problems you speak of. Babies and crime. This isn't exclusive to the black community. Doctors, lawyers, and the such are part of the black community as well. So, maybe when you say black community, it shouldn't be regulated to the most negative aspects of such community. Because let's be honest. How can I NOT bring these things up when day in and day out black people are drug through the ringer here? If I didn't speak, who would? Janelle? Val?

Very few people here speak in context when it comes to black people here. There's no separation at all.

Not exclusive, but in much higher percentages than any other race in the US.

I think you know me better than to lump all black people or people of any race into one group. There is good and bad in all.

I hope you're going to understand what I'm saying here:

I do not, have not, and will not group you with black criminals. If we are having a lengthy discussion about crime in the black community and we're talking about black criminals; I would like it if you could understand that I'm speaking only of black criminals, not all blacks. I would hope this would be clear in the context of the conversation that, if I at some point say "blacks", I'm only speaking about black criminals, since that is the topic. Context is important.

There are some whites who are bigots and there are some who are not. Distinguishing between the two is important; just as you feel it is important to distinguish you and Janelle from black criminals.

I feel you BJ. I know where you're coming from, as your post is evident. I have no problem with the way it's discussed between us, others, there are some issues. I don't think a lot of people here are racist, except for a few. Mostly, it's this form of communication. This is why I offered to have the hangout chat.

Oh cry me a river. It's just fine when it's the black community banding together andcalling out Whitey for a racial injustice, but mention me in the same breath with the black thugs from the hood and now it's different. I'm not like them.

You must have hit your head or the cold is getting to you. I've called out the problem within out community quite a few times. Not only that, I've spoken to some black people about that mentality and scolded them for worshiping a lifestyle that's destructive. White people do this too. The thing is, the way I am here, is the way I am IRL. Ask Janelle. That's why I wanted you guys to do a hangout chat. Here, it's easy to get lost in translation.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg