kthruelsen

In the I-134, for the statement from your respective banking institution to show balance, is there a template to follow?(merged)

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Moved back to K-1 Process forum after clarification! ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

As the guide shows, all you have to do is affix your signature and the date. I dont think its supposed to be answered with a yes/no. I think the lines where there just to show that nothing follows the statement.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Oh jesus I'm stupid. Thanks man I somehow completely missed this.

:guides: easily accessible at the top of the forum page. Many of your inquiries have been asked and answered many times before. Please consider becoming acquainted with and reviewing the information readily available at the forums. The custom Google forum search function may also be very useful in answering many of your inquiries.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Many threads regarding the I-134 merged. Please do not create more than one thread on the same or related issues; instead, keep follow-on questions to this thread. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

The title says it all.

Thanks guys!

Huh?

The topic says all, what does it mean and what should I write next to it? Yes or no? Sign it?

The VisaJourney template doesn't have anything in that box.

Many thanks.

~Kevin

Exactly what is your question?

Please ask your questions in the post and not in the topic title. When you create a lot of similar posts and they are merged together, the question is lost.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Huh?

Exactly what is your question?

Please ask your questions in the post and not in the topic title. When you create a lot of similar posts and they are merged together, the question is lost.

His question was the bottom part of the I-134 if he needs to answer it with a yes/no (the oath part)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey there guys,

I'm on the phone with my bank at the moment and I was curious if there is a specific was that they need to write the statement.

Or is it just an official document showing 1. the date my accounts were opened 2. Deposits made over this last year and 3. the current balance?

~Kevin

P.S. Also, do the money's I have in a Roth IRA, if they are not invested in stocks, would they be listed in the "savings" box in the I-134 Affidavit?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey there guys,

I'm on the phone with my bank at the moment and I was curious if there is a specific was that they need to write the statement.

Or is it just an official document showing 1. the date my accounts were opened 2. Deposits made over this last year and 3. the current balance?

~Kevin

P.S. Also, do the money's I have in a Roth IRA, if they are not invested in stocks, would they be listed in the "savings" box in the I-134 Affidavit?

Its just what you think it is about banking.

An IRA isn't really liquid assets so aren't really savings.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Right but within the Roth there is money that's just sitting there and then money which has been invested in stocks.

Are you suggesting l will; need 3 times the poverty level in "liquid assets"? Or are we talking assets in general? I say this having noticed the option to list real estate/stocks etc.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Similar thread merged~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Right but within the Roth there is money that's just sitting there and then money which has been invested in stocks.

Are you suggesting l will; need 3 times the poverty level in "liquid assets"? Or are we talking assets in general? I say this having noticed the option to list real estate/stocks etc.

Assets must be able to be liquified within a year without hardships to the sponsor.

As for the question about what to put for the oath on the I-134, the sponsor filling out the form puts their full name there to indicate they acknowledge reading the liabilities in the instructions. More details here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/518969-i-134-is-a-confusing-form-help/?p=7296537

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

KDC explained this already.

I do have a suggestion. You are asking question that are all over the map. You need to read the guides carefully then begin with the support issues because if you cant figure out how that is done or how to do it you wont need anything further.

Find out IF the embassy allows JOINT sponsor in K 1 cases. I think Colombia does. Assuming so find a joint sponsor. To do that you will have to totally understand the use and legalities of the 134. Its pretty simple stuff to explain to the potential joint sponsor.

Put together a plan to submit to the embassy a letter explaining your understanding of the process of the K 1 along with the subsequent AOS which can be done one day after you marry. This means you can explain how she will be supported for those few months until you file the AOS with the ability to use a joint sponsor and two 864s if that is needed. This will show them you are ready to do everything required to meet the protocols for support. Also explain she will go to work as soon as she is legally able to do so.

You could consider marrying now so you can file for a CR1. That allows you to defiantly use a joint sponsor, gives her a green card much sooner and she can go to work because of the green card. There are many other advantages as well.

I almost never recommend using a lawyer but if you continue to have trouble understanding the procedures and forms you may want to consider one.

Assets must be able to be liquified within a year without hardships to the sponsor.

As for the question about what to put for the oath on the I-134, the sponsor filling out the form puts their full name there to indicate they acknowledge reading the liabilities in the instructions. More details here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/518969-i-134-is-a-confusing-form-help/?p=7296537

Initials work fine too with no issue.

KDC explained this already.

I do have a suggestion. You are asking question that are all over the map. You need to read the guides carefully then begin with the support issues because if you cant figure out how that is done or how to do it you wont need anything further.

Find out IF the embassy allows JOINT sponsor in K 1 cases. I think Colombia does. Assuming so find a joint sponsor. To do that you will have to totally understand the use and legalities of the 134. Its pretty simple stuff to explain to the potential joint sponsor.

Put together a plan to submit to the embassy a letter explaining your understanding of the process of the K 1 along with the subsequent AOS which can be done one day after you marry. This means you can explain how she will be supported for those few months until you file the AOS with the ability to use a joint sponsor and two 864s if that is needed. This will show them you are ready to do everything required to meet the protocols for support. Also explain she will go to work as soon as she is legally able to do so.

You could consider marrying now so you can file for a CR1. That allows you to defiantly use a joint sponsor, gives her a green card much sooner and she can go to work because of the green card. There are many other advantages as well.

I almost never recommend using a lawyer but if you continue to have trouble understanding the procedures and forms you may want to consider one.

Colombia accepts co-sponsors. I have first hand experience with this (previous K-1). You do not submit a letter to the embassy explaining anything about your understanding of the process. Do not bother explaining she will work as soon as she can, her future work is not even considered.

All they want is an I-134 with the most recent tax return---this is listed in their sheet of required documents you will receive as soon as you enter the embassy. You can also submit other evidence as well. Colombia is not a difficult consulate. If you can demonstrate your income or assets are adequate, then there is no issue getting approved.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Timeline

Initials work fine too with no issue.

Colombia accepts co-sponsors. I have first hand experience with this (previous K-1). You do not submit a letter to the embassy explaining anything about your understanding of the process. Do not bother explaining she will work as soon as she can, her future work is not even considered.

All they want is an I-134 with the most recent tax return---this is listed in their sheet of required documents you will receive as soon as you enter the embassy. You can also submit other evidence as well. Colombia is not a difficult consulate. If you can demonstrate your income or assets are adequate, then there is no issue getting approved.

It isn't " co- sponsors ". The correct term is joint sponsor.

You may not submit what I suggested but in at least 6 cases I helped with this strategy worked when there was questions about circumstances very similar to the O Ps. That fact that you don't understand how this can and has been done doesn't mean it shouldn't be tried. The O P doesn't seem to have adequate income nor assets that are liquid so there certainly is an issue in getting approved. Rather than be denied he should at least consider every possible thing he can do to avoid the denial. Or he can stab at it as you suggest putting out the least effort leading to a denial if he wants to believe what you say as to how easy the consulate is.

It isn't " co- sponsors ". The correct term is joint sponsor.

You may not submit what I suggested but in at least 6 cases I helped with this strategy worked when there was questions about circumstances very similar to the O Ps. That fact that you don't understand how this can and has been done doesn't mean it shouldn't be tried. The O P doesn't seem to have adequate income nor assets that are liquid so there certainly is an issue in getting approved. Rather than be denied he should at least consider every possible thing he can do to avoid the denial. Or he can stab at it as you suggest putting out the least effort leading to a denial if he wants to believe what you say as to how easy the consulate is.

Co-sponsors, joint sponsors...essentially the same thing. Perhaps the correct term is joint sponsor, but the issue here isn't about which term is correct or not.

I understand perfectly fine how this process works, I have been there personally and done that. Have you personally dealt with the consulate in Colombia? I have, and I was there at the embassy. The COs will reject anything that is not important, including your suggested "letter". If the petitioner can not prove adequate income or assets, which I agree is the case, they will consider a co-sponsor (joint sponsor).

K-1

AOS

ROC

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.