kthruelsen

In the I-134, for the statement from your respective banking institution to show balance, is there a template to follow?(merged)

62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey there all,

Got a bit of a problem as the tag says. What should I put down and will this completely disqualify me from bringing the lady over?

Many thanks,

~Kevin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance is a student as well. Since he has no job, we used his money in the bank with annual interest that qualifies the application :)

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-27

I-129F RFE(s) : 2014-06-04

RFE Reply(s) : 2014-07-07

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-07-29

NVC Received : 2014-08-04

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2014-09-02

NVC Left : 2014-08-13

Consulate Received : 2014-09-02

Interview Date : 2014-10-20

Interview Result : Approved :dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Libya
Timeline

You have to meet one of the requirements. If you do not have funds in the bank, you'll need a co-sponsor.

19-Sept-14: I-129F Delivered

23-Sept-14: NOA1 (I-797C ~ Texas Lockbox accepted I-129F)

24-Sept-14: NOA1 (E-mail & Text)

Sent to California Service Center

3-Nov-14: Requested expedite by mailed letter with UN Human Rights Reports (Humanitarian Situation)

14-Nov-14: NOA2 (I-129F Petition Approved ~ E-mail & Text)

1-Dec-14: NVC Received Case

2-Dec-14: NVC Case Number Assigned

9-Dec-14: Embassy Received

3-Feb-15: "Package 3" Received/Turned In

25-Feb-15: "Package 4" - Received Interview Date

19-Mar-15: Interview ~ Approved

27-Mar-15: Visa Issued

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Same issue. I had a joint sponsor fill out the I-134 and the 3 years of tax returns, letter from employer, pay stubs, etc to be handed in with mine when he goes in for the interview. Finding a joint sponsor shouldn't be hard as long as they meet the income requirements and are willing to share the information I just mentioned. The document itself is non-binding, so there is very limited to no liability on the person signing up to be your joint sponsor. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Same issue. I had a joint sponsor fill out the I-134 and the 3 years of tax returns, letter from employer, pay stubs, etc to be handed in with mine when he goes in for the interview. Finding a joint sponsor shouldn't be hard as long as they meet the income requirements and are willing to share the information I just mentioned. The document itself is non-binding, so there is very limited to no liability on the person signing up to be your joint sponsor. Good luck!

I'm also a student in need of a co-sponsor, but so far the people I've asked have all declined due to the possible risks associated with being a sponsor. I get the impression you were successful finding a co-sponsor, so would you be able to share a few tips for how it worked out for you?

09/06/2013: Along Came a Relationship

04/16/2014: When Darren Met Harel (in person for the first time)

08/14/2014: The Proposal (but in Mexico, not Alaska)

02/27/2015: Flight of the Application

03/03/2015: Reception (Christopher NOA1an's latest masterpiece)

09/25/2015: 205 Days Later (NOA2)

05/11/20116: Engagement ended for familial reasons

Timeline

I'm also a student in need of a co-sponsor, but so far the people I've asked have all declined due to the possible risks associated with being a sponsor. I get the impression you were successful finding a co-sponsor, so would you be able to share a few tips for how it worked out for you?

I've got to be honest, it wasn't easy, but that was mainly because everyone seemed to think there was kind of payment involved (there's not). I used the fact that it is not a legally binding document - essentially there is no liability to the joint sponsor:

"This affidavit, submitted by the applicant at your
request, is not legally binding on the sponsor and should not be accorded the
same weight as Form I-864. Form I-134 should be given consideration as one
form of evidence, however, in conjunction with the other forms of evidence
Once I got that information out, it was just getting it to someone who trusted me (and my fiance that they had never met) implicitly with quite a lot of their personal information. That said, the I-864 is the biggie with the heavy consequences should anything go wrong and that will be needed for your fiance in order to apply for permanent residency once they're here.
Hope that helps!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

But that doesn't solve the problem in the longer-term of needing one for the I-864. What are you going to do then?

Timeline

But that doesn't solve the problem in the longer-term of needing one for the I-864. What are you going to do?

Ay, there's the rub. However, we are planning on using his assets:

"(5) Use of Intending Immigrant’s Assets. If the sponsor does not meet the income
requirement using his or her own income and/or assets, the sponsor may include the
net value (the total value of the assets less any offsetting liabilities) of the intending
I have never in my life done as much research as I have done for this visa, only to keep feeling that I'm missing some vital info. Thankfully, everything has proceeded smoothly so far and I can only hope will continue to do so (knock on wood, cross my fingers, and all that jazz lol)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I-864 you say?

Dare I ask what document this is, I haven't seen it on the checklist for Post-NOA2.

Is this for the adjustment of status upon arrival?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I-864 you say?

Dare I ask what document this is, I haven't seen it on the checklist for Post-NOA2.

Is this for the adjustment of status upon arrival?

Just keep to the I-134 for now.

You will have plenty of time to "appreciate" the I-864 during the AOS process. ;)

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
...I'm in college, what do I put down for employment in I-134 Affidavit of Support...

Unemployed. :D

Edited by Mike-eeh and Odie

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey there all,

Got a bit of a problem as the tag says. What should I put down and will this completely disqualify me from bringing the lady over?

Many thanks,

~Kevin

Student

You need a cosponsor

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hi all,

i found this thread is very useful as my fiancee is medical student and i have my interview coming very soon.

I have my fiancee(student)'s affidavit of sponsor but i guess its not going to help me. She also have house on her name which we are showing as asset.

I am considering of co sponsor. Can co-sponsor be any friend as well or that person has to be any family member?

also during I-864, can i show co sponsor different than now in I-134?

any information would give me big relief as i have interview coming first week of december and i missed this part completely

thanks a lot in advance.

hi all,

i found this thread is very useful as my fiancee is medical student and i have my interview coming very soon.

I have my fiancee(student)'s affidavit of sponsor but i guess its not going to help me. She also have house on her name which we are showing as asset.

I am considering of co sponsor. Can co-sponsor be any friend as well or that person has to be any family member? It doesn't have to be a family member, it can be pretty much anyone ;)

also during I-864, can i show co sponsor different than now in I-134? Yes, as far as I know :yes:

any information would give me big relief as i have interview coming first week of december and i missed this part completely

thanks a lot in advance.

19 May 2014: Met

25 Sept 2014: Got Engaged

K1 and AOS:

Spoiler

K-1 Visa:                                                                      AOS:

24 Oct 2014: Mailed I-129f                                                                                                  25 Feb 2015: Mailed AOS package

29 Oct 2014: NOA1                                                                                                                    04 March 2015: Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

31 Oct 2014: Alien Registration Number Changed                                                  10 March 2015: AOS/EAD NOA Hardcopy

05 Nov 2014: NOA1 Hard Copy                                                                               19 March 2015: RFE

10 Nov 2014: NOA2                                                                                                 23 March 2015: Biometrics

17 Nov 2014: NOA2 Hard Copy                                                                                24 March 2015: Received RFE letter

24-25 Nov 2014: NVC Received and Case Number Assigned                                     6 April 2015: AP NOA Hardcopy

28 Nov 2014: NVC Left                                                                                            15 May 2015: Mailed RFE response

01 Dec 2014: Consulate received                                                                              19 May 2015: RFE Response Received

08 Dec 2014: Packet 3 Received                                                                                             27 May 2015: EAD/AP Approved

05 Jan 2015: Medical exam                                                                                      03 June 2015: EAD/AP Approval Hardcopy

08 Jan 2015: Interview APPROVED!                                                                         04 June 2015: EAD/AP Combo card in hands

13 Jan 2015: Visa in hands                                                                                        27 June 2015; NPIW letter

26 Jan 2015: PoE (Minneapolis)                                                                                20 Aug 2015: AOS APPROVED! 

18 Feb 2015: Marriage                                                                                              24 Aug 2015: Welcome Notice received

29 Aug 2015: Green card mailed

02 Sep 2015: Green card in hands

ROC:

28 July 2017: Mailed ROC package

31 July 2017: NOA1

~ Many months of nothing ~

12 April 2018: Biometrics waived

29 October 2018 ROC APPROVED! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Just keep to the I-134 for now.

You will have plenty of time to "appreciate" the I-864 during the AOS process. ;)

Well, thats depends, since Caracas Embassy told me that I will need the I-864 for the joint sponsor. :)

09/17/2015 - AOS Package Mailed- NOA assigned by USCIS

09/23/2015 - AOS,EAD,AP NOA received via text/email
10/03/2015 - Biometrics Appointment letter received
10/15/2015 - Biometrics Appointment for EAD/AOS

11/10/2015 - Interview Scheduled for December 16

11/21/2015 - EAD Denied

11/21/2015 - We order your new card (I-845)

11/23/2015 - We approved your form I-485

11/25/2015 - We have cancelled your interview for your Form I-485

11/27/2015 - Green card in hand :dancing:

1pzfxf.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.