Rob L

Texans Slam Voter ID Law: 'Now That It's Happened To Me, I'm Devastated'

78 posts in this topic

I think Kip should get a free pass. The forum is much more interesting and fun with him around.

Agree. That having been said, I also agree on keeping it in it's own thread.

I wonder what happened to Danno. I strongly disagreed with him on several subjects. Seems he was more a victim of the Left leaning PC police than really doing anything wrong

His views on Homosexuality and a few other topics were for sure way right of center, but he never attacked or insulted anyone or that I can remember, unlike some members who do it in every post

You obviously did not read the Texas voter website...yes those are all problematic scenarios if the names do not match (newly married name change), addresses don t prove your ability to vote (military Id ) have a drivers license from another state but reside in Texas (a lot of students)

A lot of military folks vote via absentee voting anyway. But if one has a military ID and a copy of orders stationing them in whatever state the military installation is, they are golden. Happens all the time, and often even cuts the residency requirements from 6 months (normal) down to 1 month (military).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Technically it's not a sock puppet account. A sock puppet account is when some creates a new account in addition to their existing one, without leading on as to who they really are. That didn't happen here. Kip was clear about who he was from the first post. There was no deception. Even his username was the same as his last one with a few numbers mixed up.

but he never attacked or insulted anyone or that I can remember, unlike some members who do it in every post

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Technically it's not a sock puppet account. A sock puppet account is when some creates a new account in addition to their existing one, without leading on as to who they really are. That didn't happen here. Kip was clear about who he was from the first post. There was no deception. Even his username was the same as his last one with a few numbers mixed up.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

It does make you wonder.? He was heavy into the racial discussions but so are a lot of us, and it can get wild on both sides. Like i said I never saw one post in which he used a slur or attacked.

So why was Penny welcomed back with open arms but a big no to Kip and Danno

Nothing against Penny, just saying ?

If they're gonna bust in regardless of being banned, they could at least show enough consideration to start a "sock puppet corner" so as not to pollute perfectly good threads with discussions of the pros & cons of Russian brides. :rolleyes:

Why in the world would you say that? This is one of THE BEST off topic forays in VJ history!

If they're gonna bust in regardless of being banned, they could at least show enough consideration to start a "sock puppet corner" so as not to pollute perfectly good threads with discussions of the pros & cons of Russian brides. :rolleyes:

Hello pot, :rofl:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Timeline

Technically it's not a sock puppet account.

Regardless of what you choose to call it, TOS is clear on this point:

"You agree that if your Member account is Terminated or Suspended that you will not attempt to bypass the Termination or Suspension by any method including, but not limited to, registering additional Member accounts."
Why in the world would you say that? This is one of THE BEST off topic forays in VJ history!

Personally, I couldn't care less about members' soap operas, and thought this was an interesting thread before it got hijacked.

Personally, I couldn't care less about members' soap operas, and thought this was an interesting thread before it got hijacked.

I won't say what I am thinking cuz momma said not to say mean things to newbies.

Man...it would have been nice to hear the conclusion of train wreck # 2.

Let's jsut say it was an all afternoon spellbinding event

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Let's jsut say it was an all afternoon spellbinding event

Yea I bet. He got booted again and isnot even here and I still want to hear more about it.

Now he is getting married to a woman he has never even met :rofl:

Just keep rolling the dice :dancing:

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

They are punks. No good reason to ban him again except hatred.

Rules is rules. :yes:

What's the point in wanting our government to enforce the laws we have, if we expect VJ moderation to "make exceptions" in enforcing the TOS? :unsure:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

Because of the supposed amnestty deal we were supposed to have in place but continue to ignore. I knew they were liars though so no surprise.

Rules is rules. :yes:

What's the point in wanting our government to enforce the laws we have, if we expect VJ moderation to "make exceptions" in enforcing the TOS? :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

One post and a quote of it have had to be removed for reasons of taste.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).