Saylin

NVC Filers - November 2014

1,736 posts in this topic

After confirming some informations, I asked for the status of the case. They told me that the interview is scheduled on December 4.

I just called them bcuz I am upset it's been more then 2 weeks and they said Santo Domingo is a busy Embassy. She said they are still giving dates for December.

Good luck I wish you the best and I will keep everyone posted on mine.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I just called them bcuz I am upset it's been more then 2 weeks and they said Santo Domingo is a busy Embassy. She said they are still giving dates for December.

Good luck I wish you the best and I will keep everyone posted on mine.

The last DR interview on our spreadsheet got CC on 10/15 and received interview on 10/31... 2 weeks later :)

The last DR interview on our spreadsheet got CC on 10/15 and received interview on 10/31... 2 weeks later :)

thanks :) I am hoping this week. Crossing fingers. lol. this Friday will be 2 weeks

He will need police certificate from Thailand. All the way at the bottom of this link, you can choose Thailand and know exactly what kind of police certificate is needed: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html

If you don't have proper tax record showing 125% over the poverty rate, you will need to get a co-sponsor. Else AOS will fail and you will get a checklist. You could try and post AOS with only yourself as sponsor and if you get a checklist you can send down co-sponsor papers as well but you may lost 2-3 months in that process.

Hey @dustyrah

Found this yesterday...under the "police certificates" section, the table shows that if it's a different country he lived in, not his country of nationality, it's 12 months, not 6. So he doesn't need a police certificate...

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit/documents-to-submit-to-nvc.html

USCIS

8/28/2014 - Sent I-130 from Australia

9/8/2014 - Arrived to Chicago Lockbox

9/10/2014 - Email notification of NOA1 - forwarded to CSC

9/25/2014 - Received hard copy of NOA1

9/30/2014 - Email notification of NOA2, approved (20 days)

NVC

10/15/2014 - NVC received case

11/5/2014 - Case # and IIN assigned

11/6/2014 - Welcome email from NVC and DS-261 submitted

11/7/2014 - AOS fee invoiced and paid

12/2/2014 - Send AOS and IV pack together from Australia

12/3/2014 - IV fee invoiced and paid

12/7/2014 - DS-260 completed

12/11/2014 - Package scan date

2/7/2015 - Case Complete - No checklist

3/17/2015 - Interview - Approved!

201 days

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know this likely gets asked a lot and the wiki says you can start calling a week after USCIS ships your case to find out if they've received it, but I am wondering if it's actually worth calling yet? My case was shipped on October 31st (NOA2 on the 26th of October) and I'm wondering if, with CURRENT wait times being what they seem to be, anyone has actually gotten an answer a week later that NVC has received their case or if I'm better off waiting another week. I WANT to call them all the time, but I don't want to get too weirdly obsessive.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I know this likely gets asked a lot and the wiki says you can start calling a week after USCIS ships your case to find out if they've received it, but I am wondering if it's actually worth calling yet? My case was shipped on October 31st (NOA2 on the 26th of October) and I'm wondering if, with CURRENT wait times being what they seem to be, anyone has actually gotten an answer a week later that NVC has received their case or if I'm better off waiting another week. I WANT to call them all the time, but I don't want to get too weirdly obsessive.

They're different with each case, some cases had their numbers assigned the day they got to NVC and some had to wait a week or two. I would suggest to call every other day, or every 2 days. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

On hoooold. Man, the combination of hold music and peppy voices is really creepy. Holy crow.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

I got a checklist. I was wondering if I could send the necessary document to a friend in the USA and he to print them out and mail them to the NVC. Because if my husband and I sent them it would take two weeks for them to receive it. Is it ok to do it?

Second question, is it ok to print out our papers front and back or do they need to be single printed?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello VJ'ers going through NVC. We received our Case # on Oct. 23rd and are part of the "New" processing changes at the NVC which requires sending both packs together. Our case is currently: DS261 completed. AOS "Paid" and as of this morning "IV Paid" and the DS260 has been started.

We are ready to mail both AOS & IV packs together today. I will put each case in a manilla envelope with its coversheet. AOS coversheet says "Att: AOS / CMR" and IV Coversheet says "Att: CMR"

My question is that I was planning on following the instructions on the NVC website and send both packs to the address:

National Visa Center
Attn: DR
31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

. However, this morning after being able to proceed to the DS260 the instructions given was to mail both packs together to:

National Visa Center
Attn: CMR/DR
31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

So VJ friends ~ Which address should I send it to? Att: DR or Att: CMR / DR

This is the only question standing in our way of mailing in our packs and going out to celebrate being free from all this paperwork (for the moment) as well as our Anniversary (L) :.) Any help will be greatly appreciated. (F)

Edited by jaiyen17

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just called NVC. Neither of my packages have been reviewed yet.

AOS Scan Date: 8th Sept,

IV Scan Date, 1st Oct.

I was told they will review 60 days of most recent package received at NVC.

Filed: Other Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hello VJ members

I just checked, my aos changed to N/A my scan date is september 18 2014. I am a kind of happy, is that could be a checklist too please somebodey tell me something?????? is that could be a probablity for a check list or case complete??????????

Timeline

Hello VJ members

I just checked, my aos changed to N/A my scan date is september 18 2014. I am a kind of happy, is that could be a checklist too please somebodey tell me something?????? is that could be a probablity for a check list or case complete??????????

Sounds like a case complete! Congratulations!!! Please call NVC and confirm, they're still open for another two hours ;)

Timeline

I got a checklist. I was wondering if I could send the necessary document to a friend in the USA and he to print them out and mail them to the NVC. Because if my husband and I sent them it would take two weeks for them to receive it. Is it ok to do it?

Second question, is it ok to print out our papers front and back or do they need to be single printed?

Depends on what you're sending. If the checklist is for an original certificate then that cannot be printed and mailed out; you'd need to send the actual document. If it's related to AOS form, then the signature on that needs to be an original one, so it cannot be printed. If it's AOS related documents such as tax transcripts, pay stubs or employer verification letter then that stuff can be printed; single paged.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.