Beautifulday

US immigration when entering the US

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

How were you able to go through the same line? Aren't K1 enters supposed to be in the Non-US citizen line, and I'm assuming you'd go through the US citizen line?

Depending on the airport, they'll let both go through the US citizen line, or the US citizen will go through the visitor line. It's ok to stay together.

Filed: Country: Albania
Timeline

Hi,i was scared too about what was gonna happen at the POE ,but things went more than great.

My POE was at Atlanta Georgia and after staying on the line of the people with visas, it was my turn and gave him the brown envelope and my passport , he made a call and a girl came and took me and sent me to another area, i gave them again my passport and the brown envelope and they asked me to sit and wait.I waited about 30 minutes because they was processing other people before me. Then they called my name and asked me a couple of questions like where i was going and told them at my fiancee and my son,and when do u plan on getting married with ur fiancee,that s it. Gave me back my passport with a stamp on it and told me get married withing the 90 days ,if u do not get married withing the 90 days we gonna have to send u back to ur home country,welcome to america he said and i left.I was so surprised that they was so nice to me, cuz i was stressing for over a month for that moment,everything is gonna be fine even with u,have a safe trip and good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

No one seemed to care. I didn't go up to the window but was waiting back in line still when the immigration officer asked me to come over. My wife would have been fine, but she did not know the area we were staying in (I moved right before she arrived). I have travelled all over the world and lived outside of the country for many years. That non us citizen and us citizen lines thing is meant to allow us citizens quicker lines, but if you go to either they don't care.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

well i was just referring to that thing all people flying in the US go thru, both citizens and non-citizens, different lines. where you get called up by an officer and come up to his little "booth" and give him ur passport to check and he asks you questions about your US visit. I've only before only gone to either participate in an exchange program or to visit and not on a visa quite as k1. My friend said they stopped her to ask more questions than already do when they check you. They also take fingerprints and a scan of ur eyes

expect secondary inspection, as a K-1 visa holder,

minimum-ly to get the fingerprints and eye scan done.

might be other stuff, depending on the notes found in the the CBP computer by a CBP officer. But don't aggrieve that, much, aye?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

hi guys, i am flying in to America on oct 30th! i just want to know from you guys' own experience if people with k1 visa get stopped at the US customs? and by stopped i mean not just speak to the officer but get actually stopped by being taken some place else to be asked more stuff. i am asking if that is how it is for everyone with k1 visa because a friend of mine that is also from Poland was stopped and i just want to know if that is the case when it comes to all of us.

Yes basically everyone is "stopped". Depending on the individual circumstances, country of origin, etc some are taken into more detailed questioning. Most line up in the immigration line, submit their documents, answer a few questions and are then welcomed to America. Good luck and God Bless. Oh, and by the way. Here's an early Welcome to America!

David & Zoila

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

expect secondary inspection, as a K-1 visa holder,

minimum-ly to get the fingerprints and eye scan done.

might be other stuff, depending on the notes found in the the CBP computer by a CBP officer. But don't aggrieve that, much, aye?

notes?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

This is so out of subject but I have to say it ... Everytime I check VJ you are there no need to scroll lol (mostly loging in through the mobile) but with the pc aame thing xD

It's good to have a lot of questions (better be dumb 5min no asking then for ever for not asking) and I kno for a fact that its not easy to always find the right answer to your question but... yea..

Don't go harsh on me (You once did before & I saw you do it to other as soon as they write something you don't like)

I just had to get this out my chest, no problems intended. Have a nice evening & good luck on your visajourney :)

K1

AOS

ROC

09/14/2017 : Package Sent (CSC)

09/15/2017 : Package Received (CSC)

09/15/2017 : NOA1 Date

10/12/2017 : Biometrics

--/--/---- : Interview

--/--/---- : Decision

N400

09/01/2018 : Application Sent (online)

--/--/---- NOA1 Date

--/--/---- : Biometrics

So it's not gonna be easy.

It's going to be really hard;

we're gonna have to work at this everyday,

but I want to do that because I want you.

I want all of you, forever, everyday.

You and me.. everyday.

___The NoteBook

Timeline

This is so out of subject but I have to say it ... Everytime I check VJ you are there no need to scroll lol (mostly loging in through the mobile) but with the pc aame thing xD

It's good to have a lot of questions (better be dumb 5min no asking then for ever for not asking) and I kno for a fact that its not easy to always find the right answer to your question but... yea..

Don't go harsh on me (You once did before & I saw you do it to other as soon as they write something you don't like)

I just had to get this out my chest, no problems intended. Have a nice evening & good luck on your visajourney :)

Sorry for the mistakes. I was trying to say a quote we say often... Better be a fool 5min for asking than be a fool forever for not asking. Something like that.. ^^

K1

AOS

ROC

N400

--/--/---- NOA1 Date

You and me.. everyday.

___The NoteBook

Huh?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

i go harsh on people? how? well it isn't very nice when someone tells me that my thread is pointless and my questions already asked many times, i honestly didn't know how to search for the questions included in this thread. there are a bunch of people asking about the next step after they get their visa approved and those threads can be seen daily, so im not sure why you are having an issue with me, lol. i guess you just pointed something out but honestly i havent been posting on here all that much lately...a couple of threads made by me recently got "hot" so maybe that is why you keep on seeing my name, idk what to tell u! at least some good discussions stem from my threads it seems. and yeah i'd rather ask and be 140% sure and even be perceived as someone dumb and pushy than not know for sure.

thank u all for your responses in this thread!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It will depend on you POE. When my husband came last month, he informed them that he was a K-1, and they took his packet and opened… lol they were about to let him go without filling out some info (he thought it was for the I-94). So, it was painless and easy. :) It just depends. Good luck! :)

event.png

20 Aug 2012: Got engaged! (L)

K-1 VISA

28 Jan 2013: K-1 sent

07 Feb 2013: NOA1

04 Jun 2013: NOA2

?? Jun 2013: NVC Received

20 Jun 2013: Consulate Received

?? ??? 2013: Packet 3 Requested in CDJ (Never received!)

03 Oct 2013: Interview- Requested Petitioner's presence :(

30 Oct 2013: 2nd interview- Eligible for I-601 waiver

20 Nov 2013: I-601 waiver sent

?? Apr 2014: RFE

21 Jul 2014: RFE mailed

29 Jul 2014: K-1 approved :dancing:

08 Aug 2014: 2nd med required

25 Aug 2014: CEAC status- ISSUED

28 Aug 2014: Visa arrives @ DHL

02 Sep 2014: Visa in hand

03 Sep 2014: POE- LAX

05 Sep 2014: Married! :wub:

AOS

28 Oct 2014: I-485, I-131, I-765 sent

04 Nov 2014: Case #'s for I-485, I-131, I-765 assigned

07 Nov 2014: NOA 1 arrive for I-485, I-131, I-765

12 Nov 2014: Letter for biometrics appointment arrived

25 Nov 2014: Biometrics appointment

26 Jan 2015: I-131 approved; I-765 sent to be produced

29 Jan 2015: Card mailed out

30 Jan 2015: Combo card received! :dancing:

20 Feb 2015: DMV- Written test passed! Temporary License issued (Had MXN Lic.) :)

25 Feb 2015: USCIS Letter- Possible Interview Waiver!

12 Mar 2015: CA License obtained (Passed Behind-the-wheel test) :dancing:

06 Aug 2015: GC approved! :dancing: (Welcome to U.S. letter received 8/10)

19 Aug 2015: GC received in mail (2 year Conditional Residence)

Mzcjm7.png

Timeline

Where did you read that your thread is pointless?

I didn't say your questions have been asked a lot because idk all the questions you've asked. I think everybody reposts at least one question. Hell, I probably reposted a bunch.

When I mean harsh it's not meant to be taken bad. Well, then again some peopla may take it bad others may not. You don't seem mad at my previous text that's good :)

It may be in the 'hot' section, idk at all.. All I know is its when i put Visajourney.com I always see your pic on the homepage.. With questions or subjects but I don't really read them. So it may have been the same ones over and over again in 'hot' lol

Also, I think you took the saying the wrong way.. It's better to ask than not to ask. That's what it means.

K1

AOS

ROC

N400

--/--/---- NOA1 Date

You and me.. everyday.

___The NoteBook

Timeline

I am so off subject, it was just random & I had to say it ^^ Imaget off this thread since i don't have an answer to it. Well, maybe, yea you will definitely go through a second inspection. I once had one & felt sooo uncomfortable...!

Good evening :)

K1

AOS

ROC

N400

--/--/---- NOA1 Date

You and me.. everyday.

___The NoteBook

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I wish I had seen this post when you originally started it. It seemed like NOBODY understood what you meant lool, even though you explained it as clear as crystal. As soon as I started reading the responses I was like ' :blink: confused face', that's not what they are asking lol. I'm not sure if they'll 'stop you', stop you because it's clear what your intentions are and it's evident that you have all the legal documents you need to stay for the allotted 90 day period in which you have to wed. Although I'm not a K-1 holder, I've travelled to the US quite a few times since my fiancé moved back September 2013. This year I've travelled 4 times and on one of my trips I only had a week back home before I flew back to America. Each time they just asked why I was there and stamped me and sent me on my way. Like I said that's not with a K-1 so that information was pointless lol. However I don't see why they'd need to stop you as they know that you're not trying to stay illegally, you're actually there with a Visa.

Nobody? Really? He explained it a clear as crystal? He asked about U S customs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.