IvanaVladimirova

B-2 while K-1. Is there chance to get???

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
hello

I would like to know if I can go visit my fiance to the USA for Xmas to see him and his family while we r making K-1 visa, we got our NOA1 on 2014.08.29, and now we r looking forward to NOA2, but will it be a good reason for ensure an officer that if I get B-2 I will stay just for December with my fiance and then definatly will be back to Belarus to continue the process of K-1.

Thank u

Anastasiya

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

If you can get the visa approved, yes you can come while the K-1 is processing.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline
hello
I would like to know if I can go visit my fiance to the USA for Xmas to see him and his family while we r making K-1 visa, we got our NOA1 on 2014.08.29, and now we r looking forward to NOA2, but will it be a good reason for ensure an officer that if I get B-2 I will stay just for December with my fiance and then definatly will be back to Belarus to continue the process of K-1.
Thank u
Anastasiya

I mean that if its a good reason (K-1) to get tourist visa for Xmas or in most cases its useless to apply for tourist visa if u stress there that u applied for K-1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you can get the visa approved, yes you can come while the K-1 is processing.

it must be mentioned that it is technically difficult to get a tourist visa while your K1-visa application has been submitted if you are not from a VWP country.

some say it almost next to nil, unless you can prove that the visit is for a compelling reason. applying for a K1 visa is showing your intent to immigrate.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Always a possibility.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I second msbau764

07/27/17 - K1 packet sent at the end of day.

07/31/17 - NOA1

03/22/18 - NOA2

08/28/18 - expected date for medical completion - Sputum test was needed

09/22/18 - anticipated interview date

Filed: Country: Norway
Timeline

It is much better if you had your b2 visa before send the petition

but it is possible to have b2

good luck

I129F SENT: 09/11/2014

Package arrived to Tx: 09/15/2014

Processing Center: CSC

NOA1: 09/17/2014

Alien Number changed: 09/22/2014

NOA2: 10/18/2014

NOA2 HARD COPY: 10/23/2014

NVC RECEIVED: 11/03/2014

EMBASSY RECEIVED: 11/172014

MEDICAL EXAM: 01/15/2015

INTERVIEW: 02/09/2015

VISA APPROVED: Yes

Ceac status: Ready Immigrant ----- AP Nonimmigrant ------ Issued

VISA IN HAND:

TRAVEL DATE:

WEDDING:

AOS SENT:

Timeline

:goofy:Thank u, guys for moral supprt.... well, we also think that we can try -we haven't seen each other since may 2014 ...and now r looking forward to NOA-2, but yeah we would like to spend Xmas together and meet with his family) we think that it's a good reason to give me B-2 , cuz we filed K-1, cuz I will NEED to come to my native country to finish K-1 and omg we sooo want to be together asap, but LIGALLY. But lol noone knows what is on officers' mind , so mb our reason for us sounds good, but not for officials....idk

I am excited if they give me tourist visa, but as my fiance says- world doesnt end if it wont be approved . So yeah we will try)

Timeline

:goofy:Thank u, guys for moral supprt.... well, we also think that we can try -we haven't seen each other since may 2014 ...and now r looking forward to NOA-2, but yeah we would like to spend Xmas together and meet with his family) we think that it's a good reason to give me B-2 , cuz we filed K-1, cuz I will NEED to come to my native country to finish K-1 and omg we sooo want to be together asap, but LIGALLY. But lol noone knows what is on officers' mind , so mb our reason for us sounds good, but not for officials....idk

I am excited if they give me tourist visa, but as my fiance says- world doesnt end if it wont be approved . So yeah we will try)

hope dies last....

It is much better if you had your b2 visa before send the petition

but it is possible to have b2

good luck

Thank u , we just want our first Xmas together)

Timeline

It's a great idea. We are planning our holidays too. but not in USA. Here in Belarus. :goofy:

I wish you good luck to get your B-2 :dancing:

Spoiler

Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Warsaw, Poland
I-129F Sent : 09/12/2014
I-129F NOA1 : 09/18/2014
I-129F RFE : 11/19/2014
RFE Replay : 11/25/2014
I-129F NOA2 : 12/08/2014 (81 days from NOA1)
NVC Received : 12/16/2014
NVC Case Number: 12/17/2014
NVC Left :12/19/2014 (4 days in NVC)

Medical : 01/19/2015
Consulate Received : 12/24/2014 (5 days in transit to Consulate)
Interview Date : 01/27/2015
Interview Result : Approved
Visa on hands: 01/28/2015

USA Entry 02/07/2015

Marriage 03/20/2015

Removal of Conditions

09/12/17: I-751 mailed - Vermont Service Center

09/27/17: NOA1

12/26/18: RFE

Naturalization

02/23/19: N-400 Filed Online

02/23/19: NOA1

event.png

Timeline

It's a great idea. We are planning our holidays too. but not in USA. Here in Belarus. :goofy:

I wish you good luck to get your B-2 :dancing:

Thank u) good luck for yr couple too) enjoy views of Belarus))

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your reasons to go to the US are irrelevant. Stop thinking in terms of 'Is this a good reason to go to the US" but start thinking in terms of ties to your home country. Do you have a good paying job? Your own home/least/mortgage? Enrolled in school?

Those are the things the Consular Officer will be looking for, not reasons to go to the US

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Visiting for Christmas isn't "a good reason", you are in the middle of a k-1 you need proof that you will return to your country, not give them reasons for coming to the US. The burden of proof will be on you that you will return home beyond the shadow of a doubt, you needs ties such as a job, land or home ownership. The only thing the consulate cares about is the risk of you staying in the US and adjusting status, you already have immigrant intent so your chances are very low of getting a B2. You need to show very strong ties so don't hold your breath, just the reality of the situation. Good luck.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Your reasoning has zero to do with being granted a tourist visa. It always hinges on the same thing which is your ability to PROVE beyond doubt that you MUST return. That can be hard to do when you have a petition in place indicating your intent to immigrate. However all people holding any type of visa are considered intending immigrants.

Keep in mind that having a tourist visa doesn't mean you will be allowed entry into the USA which is done at the POE.

Spend your money bringing the other person to your country.

There is hope. My fiancee was approved for B2 this morning while K1 is pending.

If you can show solid proof that you will be coming back, they will approve it in my opinion.

I also went in great length to provide a strong sponsoring docs.

hello

Thank u

Anastasiya

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.