palu

Finally am forced to admit being scammed

249 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

There is something notably missing from this thread, which is the question of conditional permanent resident/removal of conditions.

If the green card was granted less than two years after marriage, then it is conditional. Two years after issuance the conditional permanent resident must prove that they had a good faith intention to enter into a bona fide marital relationship. If they fail to do so, the green card will expire and the resident will be subject to removal.

If the parties divorce, the CPR (conditional permanent resident) can file with a waiver based on the marriage ending, but must still prove good faith. Based on the facts as presented, this would be hard to do.

You can also report the facts to USCIS, but it may not matter that much until her conditional green card expires and she files her I-751 (removal of conditions). However they will very likely add the facts you report to her file.

The green card from the mailbox and just keep it in safe keeping :) Not taking it away . Tell her you will pay for her to return home and continue supporting her and then don't do it. Then return the green card to immigration as un deliverable.

Two wrongs don't make a right. I wouldn't advise anyone to lie or trick others, especially when that person himself claims to be a victim of fraud, meaning lying, dishonesty...

nope - i don't have an example, but the cited source exists - and it drones on about the green card production timetick...

that stamp not matter if the withdrawal is successful.

bah - i've got it twisted - see

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/500422-what-do-you-guys-thnk-of-this-uscis-respones/?view=findpost&p=7067975

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/500422-what-do-you-guys-thnk-of-this-uscis-respones/?view=findpost&p=7067975

but I still think it's possible to withdraw.

It's not. The visa was already issued and used. Revoking the green card is no longer an option, per your own link.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

I wonder if he would love her and marry her if she were 60 and he were in his 30s.

Of course. Love is but a number. There are plenty of cases here in which the petitioner is American and much younger than their third world beloved.*

*Lol.

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

You guys are playing with federal law. If she lives at that address she is supposed to get her mail there unless she notifies them to use a different address. Stop with the hiding the green card game. She has the one year stamp anyway.

She needs to go away as in out of your life. You can't have her deported, you can't "hide" her green card. File for divorce. She can worry about removing conditions on her green card when the divorce is final or if she even remembers to do so. Get her out of your life and move on. Beware of false domestic violence accusations as she can use these to file for her removal of conditions.

I agree.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Not an easy thing to admit, but with much embarrassment, I have to admit to being played... after so much work trying to get my wife into the US now I have to work at getting her away. Only three weeks here and her intentions are very clear.On second night she stated at 60 I should not have a desire for relations and stated she never had sexual feelings, ever.I asked why she had not previously mentioned this to me and that it was odd considering not one month before we agreed that she should be on the pill which she started before leaving for the US. The next day she said she didn't love me "but who knows, in a month I might". This from a female in her 30s. I offered to fly her home if she was so unhappy and she liked that idea because she thought I would continue to pay all of her living expenses as I had been doing since before we were married.No, that meant divorce. Not a good reaction from her. Now,we seldom talk and if so fight. She spends her days watching tv and smoking and talking to her new filipina friends. She moved into the spare bedroom on day 3 and has yet to unpack her suitcase.Next stop I guess is a lawyer to get me out of this mess as best I can and as fast as I can.And right now, all she will talk to me about is "when will the green card and ss card get here?".And I really did not see this coming. Love can be stupid as well as blind.

I would send an AR-11 change of address form to USCIS with the address in the Philippines where she came from ,and see how that works out for her.

Perjury. Good thinking.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Not an easy thing to admit, but with much embarrassment, I have to admit to being played... after so much work trying to get my wife into the US now I have to work at getting her away. Only three weeks here and her intentions are very clear.On second night she stated at 60 I should not have a desire for relations and stated she never had sexual feelings, ever.I asked why she had not previously mentioned this to me and that it was odd considering not one month before we agreed that she should be on the pill which she started before leaving for the US. The next day she said she didn't love me "but who knows, in a month I might". This from a female in her 30s. I offered to fly her home if she was so unhappy and she liked that idea because she thought I would continue to pay all of her living expenses as I had been doing since before we were married.No, that meant divorce. Not a good reaction from her. Now,we seldom talk and if so fight. She spends her days watching tv and smoking and talking to her new filipina friends. She moved into the spare bedroom on day 3 and has yet to unpack her suitcase.Next stop I guess is a lawyer to get me out of this mess as best I can and as fast as I can.And right now, all she will talk to me about is "when will the green card and ss card get here?".And I really did not see this coming. Love can be stupid as well as blind.

So sorry you are going through this hope you get help ASAP not a happy situation to be in

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Couldn't agree more.

Another USC spouse victim.

I wonder if he would love her and marry her if she were 60 and he were in his 30s.

The OP didn't come here asking to be judged, there are many relationships and marriages that last with a big age gap. If you have nothing to contribute to the conversation that will help, it's best not to say anything at all.

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I would send an AR-11 change of address form to USCIS with the address in the Philippines where she came from ,and see how that works out for her.

Do you think lying to the US government is going to help the situation? Why would you even joke about something like that?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Disagree with one post, I am 60 and my wife 31.,.,.,happily married over a year now, she is highly educated, a great job here, and I am very good to her, we do everything together, so.,,.you never know, but so far, it has been great!

As for the OP, I am reading so much of this from the Phils..,.,.,alarming, and I "am told" it is mostly gals from the city areas like Manila, the province gals, have higher morals.,,..,but no offense, some of the city gals are fine wives, also.

You need to file for divorce, ""YESSTERDAY""..,.,.no talking, no I will do it tomorrow, it should have already been done.,.,.,love to idea, send GC back, write a letter (not notarized) you will continue support, and "send her home! There is nothing in this world as bad as a "bad woman"

Nnnice! Alas, OP just mentioned the numbers + 3 weeks of their history

Disagree with one post, I am 60 and my wife 31.,.,.,happily married over a year now, she is highly educated, a great job here, and I am very good to her, we do everything together, so.,,.you never know, but so far, it has been great!

As for the OP, I am reading so much of this from the Phils..,.,.,alarming, and I "am told" it is mostly gals from the city areas like Manila, the province gals, have higher morals.,,..,but no offense, some of the city gals are fine wives, also.

You need to file for divorce, ""YESSTERDAY""..,.,.no talking, no I will do it tomorrow, it should have already been done.,.,.,love to idea, send GC back, write a letter (not notarized) you will continue support, and "send her home! There is nothing in this world as bad as a "bad woman"

Edited by SingleDad2usc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.