palu

Finally am forced to admit being scammed

249 posts in this topic

Not an easy thing to admit, but with much embarrassment, I have to admit to being played... after so much work trying to get my wife into the US now I have to work at getting her away. Only three weeks here and her intentions are very clear.On second night she stated at 60 I should not have a desire for relations and stated she never had sexual feelings, ever.I asked why she had not previously mentioned this to me and that it was odd considering not one month before we agreed that she should be on the pill which she started before leaving for the US. The next day she said she didn't love me "but who knows, in a month I might". This from a female in her 30s. I offered to fly her home if she was so unhappy and she liked that idea because she thought I would continue to pay all of her living expenses as I had been doing since before we were married.No, that meant divorce. Not a good reaction from her. Now,we seldom talk and if so fight. She spends her days watching tv and smoking and talking to her new filipina friends. She moved into the spare bedroom on day 3 and has yet to unpack her suitcase.Next stop I guess is a lawyer to get me out of this mess as best I can and as fast as I can.And right now, all she will talk to me about is "when will the green card and ss card get here?".And I really did not see this coming. Love can be stupid as well as blind.

Don't let her have her green card. Divorce her and send her back to the Philippines. It's sad and embarrassing that there's really girls like that, so selfish and no conscience. I've known and witnessed so many filipina friends here no matter what their age gaps with their husbands they stayed with them and they are happily married. I'm sorry that you got the wrong one :(

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

gk90m4.png

He cannot keep her GC if its already approved. I would suggest a divorce ASAP and report her for fraud.

Like the above poster stated, You are not the first to experience such situation and definitly not the last.

AOS from F-1(Married to USC
06.08.12 - AOS mailed
09.18.12 - Interview.....Approved!!

ROC- Divorce Waiver
05/09/14- I-751 packet mailed to CSC
05/12/14- NOA1 Receipt date
07/01/14- Biometrics Appt

08/11/14- RFE received

09/08/14- RFE response received by USCIS

09/22/14- 10yrs GC Approved!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My condolences. Hypnos is right. You need to protect yourself ASAP. File the divorce petition immediately, if not sooner. And it's imperative you two not be in the same house. She could trip and fall then blind-side you with a DV charge, suddenly your situation could get a whole lot worse.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would buy her the ticket home, offer to continue paying for her lifestyle.

Once she has gone then do the divorce etc.

Plenty of similar threads to read up on in the mean time.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

He cannot keep her GC if its already approved. I would suggest a divorce ASAP and report her for fraud.

Like the above poster stated, You are not the first to experience such situation and definitly not the last.

Yea, I know that her GC is already approved and possibly on the way. I meant that she should not be the one to get it from the mailbox. I don't know if he will get in trouble if he will not give her the greencard. Because maybe once she get a hold of her greencard she might take off..

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

gk90m4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If she takes off that would be good, GC will be addressed to her.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Not an easy thing to admit, but with much embarrassment, I have to admit to being played... after so much work trying to get my wife into the US now I have to work at getting her away. Only three weeks here and her intentions are very clear.On second night she stated at 60 I should not have a desire for relations and stated she never had sexual feelings, ever.I asked why she had not previously mentioned this to me and that it was odd considering not one month before we agreed that she should be on the pill which she started before leaving for the US. The next day she said she didn't love me "but who knows, in a month I might". This from a female in her 30s. I offered to fly her home if she was so unhappy and she liked that idea because she thought I would continue to pay all of her living expenses as I had been doing since before we were married.No, that meant divorce. Not a good reaction from her. Now,we seldom talk and if so fight. She spends her days watching tv and smoking and talking to her new filipina friends. She moved into the spare bedroom on day 3 and has yet to unpack her suitcase.Next stop I guess is a lawyer to get me out of this mess as best I can and as fast as I can.And right now, all she will talk to me about is "when will the green card and ss card get here?".And I really did not see this coming. Love can be stupid as well as blind.

You need to protect yourself at the earliest as she has been talking to her Philippine friends. She might be exploring other options here.

Better to go through other stories about false domestic voilence accusations by spouse after reaching here.

Edited by flora01

ROC sent (DAY 00) -2/21/2014

ROC received at center (DAY 03) -2/24/2014

NOA received at home (DAY 07) -2/28/2014 (NOA dated 2/24/2014)

BIO received at home (DAY 12) -3/05/2014 (bio appt on 3/20/2014)

BIO appt (early bio) (DAY 12) -3/05/2014

Approval decision date (DAY 89) -5/21/2014

Approval letter received (DAY 91) -5/23/2014

Card received at home (DAY 102)-6/03/2014

I get the mail at the post office first and I did not pay the immigration fee until 2 weeks ago, that should slow it up somewhat. It is the ssn I worry about as no one will hire her without it. I also live in a stinky state for divorce but Monday morning I will be on the phone with an attorney. Thanks everyone for your support. I've had a lot of personal losses in my life over the years and going on with my life after this will not hurt too badly....no tears will be shed over her. I f worst comes I know she commuted immigration fraud on her bio form both in inclusion and omission. At least she isn't as smart as she thinks she is.

ion.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The green card from the mailbox and just keep it in safe keeping :) Not taking it away . Tell her you will pay for her to return home and continue supporting her and then don't do it. Then return the green card to immigration as un deliverable.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sound to me like you need to tell her that you've thought about it, and will continue to pay her living expenses if she goes back.

Then suddenly divorce/annulment.

I agree 100%

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I get the mail at the post office first and I did not pay the immigration fee until 2 weeks ago, that should slow it up somewhat. It is the ssn I worry about as no one will hire her without it. I also live in a stinky state for divorce but Monday morning I will be on the phone with an attorney. Thanks everyone for your support. I've had a lot of personal losses in my life over the years and going on with my life after this will not hurt too badly....no tears will be shed over her. I f worst comes I know she commuted immigration fraud on her bio form both in inclusion and omission. At least she isn't as smart as she thinks she is.

ion.

Tell the post office to reject mail with her name on it that's delivered to your address. That way it gets returned to wherever it's sent from, and you don't get in trouble for withholding it.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.