palu

Finally am forced to admit being scammed

249 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

#4 of who may not file for I-130 If both parties weren't present at the ceremony and marriage wasn't consumated. Well you might have been present but you stated you didn't consumate your marriage. I would think you should be asking your attorney for an annulment based on that fact. Anyone else have any ideas on this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Nit relevant from an immigration perspective, annulment is a frequent topic on these boards, how realistic it is another issue?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Nit relevant from an immigration perspective, annulment is a frequent topic on these boards, how realistic it is another issue?

Not sure what you are even saying "how realistic it is another issue?"

Timeline

Annulment is not as easy to accomplish as many would suggest.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Annulment is not as easy to accomplish as many would suggest.

An non consumated marriage should make that realistic since it is one of the most common reasons for annulment. Although it does depend on what state you live in.

Edited by destiny64

Timeline

Might be a he said she said scenario?

So you two have never had sex before marriage? Maybe she had different expectations as to the physical side of the marriage from what you had?

I highly support it.

'She is not physically attracted to him' may be just half part of the story.

Edited by flora01

ROC sent (DAY 00) -2/21/2014

ROC received at center (DAY 03) -2/24/2014

NOA received at home (DAY 07) -2/28/2014 (NOA dated 2/24/2014)

BIO received at home (DAY 12) -3/05/2014 (bio appt on 3/20/2014)

BIO appt (early bio) (DAY 12) -3/05/2014

Approval decision date (DAY 89) -5/21/2014

Approval letter received (DAY 91) -5/23/2014

Card received at home (DAY 102)-6/03/2014

Filed: Timeline

It seemed OP was only rejected beginning the 2nd day in US, not 1st. At least that's what she'll say...But also: didn't they marry in the Ph, and didn't they spend time together over there?

I also didn't understand OP's worry that wife might use her SSN card to gain employment. Why not? Is OP so keen on paying support instead?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Might be a he said she said, but if he can record her saying they never had sex before , she probably has no idea that our law works that way.

"Our laws" also work in other ways, like many states making it illegal to record someone without their knowledge. Folks shouldn't give advice like this without knowing the very specific details of where someone lives and what the laws in that particular state are. <_<

Filed: Timeline

"Our laws" also work in other ways, like many states making it illegal to record someone without their knowledge. Folks shouldn't give advice like this without knowing the very specific details of where someone lives and what the laws in that particular state are. <_<

And even when the recordings are legal, they are often not permitted as evidence in a court proceeding.

To update those who gave support, went to lawyer today and if she agrees could be a annulment in 30 days. I went home and quietly informed her of this and of course she started to fight. I did remind her that she had stated to me that she would only leave if divorced. I left the house telling her she had a decision to make.You know, there are people in this world who do not understand that a marriage is not a business, I did xwz and now you have to do abc. It is 2 people who in good faith do the best they can without the other person keeping score. I am just completely worn out after this last year.

As for those who want to focus on the sexual, well, you have to get your jollies somewhere else.

I might also add that this is a very hard thing to deal with. My head and my heart are not in the same place.Is she a scammer? Yes,but maybe not in a conscious level. Maybe incredibly selfish is closer to the truth.I do care but it is time to care about myself a little and face reality.

Timeline

Will she agree to an annulment? I assumed from what you have said the answer is no?

I am also confused about having that conservation, not sure what the point was, just gave her a heads up.

Will she agree to an annulment? I assumed from what you have said the answer is no?

I am also confused about having that conservation, not sure what the point was, just gave her a heads up.

I left the house with her having to make a decision by 2 pm tomorrow afternoon. We will see. If not, then things could turn ugly and protracted.I am pretty numb but from what I understand, if she agrees to an annulment of the marriage (on physical grounds)it can be done in 30 days. From what I had understood, annulments were not easy to come by in South Carolina. He claims fraud on her part.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.