PATFONT

K1 Visa Rejection....

78 posts in this topic

If you did not "hand write" a letter and sign it as to how you met, your intentions, and the aprox. time line, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

I wrote a "handwritten" letter, 4 pages describing all, and my now, wife, wrote a one page, YOU have no complaint to USCIS.,.,.,if you did not include these letters!

You do not mention if it is an rfem denial, or what it is, yes everybody at TSC, should be disturbed, about the wait times, but Vermont was worse!

Not true... I didnt 'Hand write' my letter and our letters were only a couple of paragraphs long. We got approved in 12 days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you did not "hand write" a letter and sign it as to how you met, your intentions, and the aprox. time line, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

I wrote a "handwritten" letter, 4 pages describing all, and my now, wife, wrote a one page, YOU have no complaint to USCIS.,.,.,if you did not include these letters!

You do not mention if it is an rfem denial, or what it is, yes everybody at TSC, should be disturbed, about the wait times, but Vermont was worse!

They do not have to be written by hand, or pages long. A simple statement that you intend to marry within 90 days of the K-1 visa entry is all that is needed. It can be typed or handwritten.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I went through TSC with no RFE, sounds like your lawyer is at fault. Make sure your written statement saying you will marry within 90 days of K1 entry has the original signature on it, not a photocopy. Your fiancé needs to snail mail the letter to you, not fax or email.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Make sure you send in the intent to marry letters from BOTH of you or you risk another RFE.

And yes 6 months is just starting.

Yep...I filed for CR1/IR1 in December of 2011...still waiting...

For whatever it's worth, there's a quote that says, "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going -- Beverly Sills." Hang in there, it's a process we all went through, some are still going through, and some haven't even started yet. You'll get there. The journey matters, too, not just the destination.

Edited by M and C

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Your circumstances are different.

Your beneficiary is from Pakistan. Is he in AP hell?

Yes circumstances are different, however K-1 or CR1/IR1 both have long wait times at the Islamabad embassy.

My case has gone from AP (15 months) to Returned to NVC which resulted in a visit from Homeland Security at 9:30 am on a Saturday morning. The case is now on its way back to the embassy via NVC.

How can I give you a wedding Date Numnuts when I don't know when the K1's getting issued!!!..

That's usually a question they ask during the K1 visa interview, to which you have to have at least an estimated date. But yes, in the Letter of Intent to Marry from each of you. it should be stated "within 90 days upon entry to the US". You need not state an definite date in your letter of intent.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm confused. Wedding = legally getting married right ? If so, I plan to take her to the court and sign the paper as soon as possible when she arrives to the US. I don't plan to have a ceremony or anything (we both agree too). Just a small dinner with both families and that's it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Attention ALL K1 Visa applicants..The Texas Service center is LOADED with Morans.!!!!...I filed my K1 on 11/18/13..On 5/14/14, those Idiots kicked back my K1 for additional information..I just received their request letter..guess what they need..They want me to provide a time frame for them for when we're getting married.!!!!!!....Gee!! I don't know.!!!.. let's say 0-90 friggin days since that's that's the WHOLE IDEA of a K1 Visa.!!!!... I have had it.!!!!..now I have to send them a letter stating when & where we're getting married??? Really??? another 1-2 months DELAY now!!!!.. So, the reason for my post is this..You better make damnn sure you guys send in your application with copies of plane tickets, emails, proof you have met within past two years, any pictures need to have handwritten dates on them stating when they were taken... I did ALL that and they kick it back for a wedding date!!!..My atty is the next one to feel my wrath today.!!!..they want email from the both of you stating when & where your getting married..this has got to be the dumbest country going!!!! I pay SOOOO many taxes on my businesses & personal each year and what did I get for it?? Jethro down in Texas Service Center asking me when I'm getting married.!!!!...sorry guys, I'm going to my alternate plan from here on in..This is what we all get for trying to do the right thing.. THESE people are playing with peoples lives.!!!!..Why the HeLL do we have to wait 6-9 months to get a friggin K1 Visa in the first place!!!!!???..Hire more Damnn people!!!!!!..

Errata:

1. This ain't a K-1 visa, this is the I-129F petition.

2. the thing they are asking for is called a letter of intent to marry. Each human writes one and signs it. two humans, two letters and covered over at http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide in the checklist, item #5. Stuff isn't placed in the K-1 Guide as an idea - thousands of folk writing about what they did, how they did, got incorporated INTO the Guide. Plus, it's in the written instructions for the I-129F, over at http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf on page 5 o 9, item 7, subparagaph B.

I'm sorry yer having problems, but IMO you or your attorney caused them prior to actual submittal.

TSC issued an RFE, so you know the exact date that your petition was reviewed, so that's a plus.

Give em what they're asking for, and you'll be fine ! Or - since you mentioned you two already included these in the original I-129F submittal - it smells to me like a call INTO USCIS, talking with an ISO, can be useful. When you get an ISO, mention that the documents requested in the RFE are ALREADY in the casefile and the adjudicator missed it. Should take about 2 weeks for the adjudicator to review again, or 4 weeks for RFE intake .. Getting an ISO on the phone IS NOT a trivial thing.

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We both got an e-mail to say an RFE was on the way, and it updated on the website. But the website doesn't tell you what the RFE is for, and they won't tell you - the beneficiary - on the phone.

Regarding the original post. If they are asking for a wedding date/time frame, it seems a bit mean, as you probably haven't fixed a date. How can you, when you don't know when the visa will come?

However I guess all you can do is write them a statement outlining plans for your wedding. i.e where you plan to get married etc.

Our RFE wants more evidence of us having met....I already sent a load. All I can do is send it all again and more. We have to do what they ask.

Plus, as someone else pointed out, at least there is action on our files.

Thanks! This is all I wanted to know... he has access to e-mail and his cousins can tell me when the letter has arrived.... I didn't receive anything yet, I suppose it's still a little early to tell. I have been waiting 3 months now since NOA1.

*** I am the beneficiary ***

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2014-02-10

NOA1 : 2014-02-18

NOA2 USCIS Notification - Hardcopy : 2014-08-11 (174 days)

Case received by NVC: 2014-08-15

Case number assigned: 2014-08-27

Case left NVC to consulate: 2014-08-28

Received by consulate: 2014-09-08

Received Packet 3: 2014-09-12

Sent Packet 3: 2014-12-05

Received Packet 4: 2014-12-11

Medical: 2015-01-19

Interview Date: 2015-02-06 (APPROVED)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Errata:

1. This ain't a K-1 visa, this is the I-129F petition.

2. the thing they are asking for is called a letter of intent to marry. Each human writes one and signs it. two humans, two letters and covered over at http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide in the checklist, item #5. Stuff isn't placed in the K-1 Guide as an idea - thousands of folk writing about what they did, how they did, got incorporated INTO the Guide. Plus, it's in the written instructions for the I-129F, over at http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf on page 5 o 9, item 7, subparagaph B.

I'm sorry yer having problems, but IMO you or your attorney caused them prior to actual submittal.

TSC issued an RFE, so you know the exact date that your petition was reviewed, so that's a plus.

Give em what they're asking for, and you'll be fine ! Or - since you mentioned you two already included these in the original I-129F submittal - it smells to me like a call INTO USCIS, talking with an ISO, can be useful. When you get an ISO, mention that the documents requested in the RFE are ALREADY in the casefile and the adjudicator missed it. Should take about 2 weeks for the adjudicator to review again, or 4 weeks for RFE intake .. Getting an ISO on the phone IS NOT a trivial thing.

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

Our Letter of Intent wasn't handwritten. We typed it on the computer and printed it. Both of us read it and signed it afterwards. We also typed a two page letter explaining how we met, when we started dating and set a timeline of the days we met in person. We both signed that too, stating it to be true. We included pictures and airline tickets.

This should be sufficient. If he didn't write a proper letter of intent with both signatures (petitioner and beneficiary), then obviously he is going to get a RFE. They want to make sure both parties agree that they will get married within 90 days of the fiance's entry in the US.

*** I am the beneficiary ***

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2014-02-10

NOA1 : 2014-02-18

NOA2 USCIS Notification - Hardcopy : 2014-08-11 (174 days)

Case received by NVC: 2014-08-15

Case number assigned: 2014-08-27

Case left NVC to consulate: 2014-08-28

Received by consulate: 2014-09-08

Received Packet 3: 2014-09-12

Sent Packet 3: 2014-12-05

Received Packet 4: 2014-12-11

Medical: 2015-01-19

Interview Date: 2015-02-06 (APPROVED)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

KayDeeCee,

I merely stated what I did, "I did not say such an in-depth writing was necessary".,.,.,.,it was what I did! You are so quick to find something to "pick at" in a post, maybe you should lighten up a little bit!

My point was merely, yes, I wrote and signed a letter of intention, so did my wife, and signed and dated.,.,.,period, remarks from you were not necessary.

Different people do different things, but I am sure some type of "intent" letter is being looked for, with the application.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

lilsadie,

What is wrong with some people, they just look for something to "pick at!" I merely stated what "I" did, and my wife wrote one page.

I just wanted to make the point that people need to send in the letters of intent with the application, how each person chooses to do so is up to each individual!

Lighten up! And, your "not true" comment is being used, just for you to log on another comment on VJ.com..,.,.,as a letter of intent is required!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.