Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2014

6,606 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey thanks so much for this. I will be sure to do this as soon as I can. I wonder if I have the account information could I log into the portal and access that information myself?

Also, as bad as this might sound, although it says the payer is me and I have a transaction number on the NVC website, is it at all possible that the amount had been debited from some other bank account because one number had been inputted incorrectly?

Jay,

Tell your lawyer that you need the fee receipt for the payment, and double-check the ABA# and your account number. If they are correct, then call your bank and ask them if an ACH (Automated Clearing House) transaction was presented on the date your lawyer says it was paid (or day+1 or day+2) and rejected for some reason.

If your attorney cannot produce the fee receipt, then there is something really wrong.

Sukie

Hey thanks so much for this. I will be sure to do this as soon as I can. I wonder if I have the account information could I log into the portal and access that information myself?

Also, as bad as this might sound, although it says the payer is me and I have a transaction number on the NVC website, is it at all possible that the amount had been debited from some other bank account because one number had been inputted incorrectly?

Jay,

Tell your lawyer that you need the fee receipt for the payment, and double-check the ABA# and your account number. If they are correct, then call your bank and ask them if an ACH (Automated Clearing House) transaction was presented on the date your lawyer says it was paid (or day+1 or day+2) and rejected for some reason.

If your attorney cannot produce the fee receipt, then there is something really wrong.

Sukie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We are all too depressed to call, etrangais. I have gotten so upset when I have called 2 and 3 weeks ago - I've just given up. When someone indicates that they are looking at mail from May 8/9, maybe I'll call.

Sukie

Believe it or not Sukie, I am really sad that NVC is holding you accountable for their mistakes: you LoveMyTico Lycebelle and others.

It is just sad and stupid!

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

I wont be waiting until Monday. I am keeping a close eye on my file since they have no clue what is going on with it. Everyday something new pops up. I want to know as soon as I an if there is a problem. I am not one to sit and wait. I am actually on hold now. Only took me 2 times dialing to get through.. who knows how long I'll be on hold

fair enough, but all I'm saying is, if you do end up getting approved monday then it would show that they are following that day by day pattern which could help people in the future who do not call daily to at least for sure call on their date or afterwards asap. ie: LifeOnHold should definitely not wait and call today since they should be responding to her checklist today.

By the way I was excited yesterday after they picked up also on 2nd try but then waited for 46 minutes...... It's annoying too because I'd prefer no sound for the on hold message since you got to put attention to hear the person who picks up and cant do anything while calling. lol how many times have you people confused the "all operators are..." with a real person picking up only to realize its machine. it gets me everytime after being on hold past the 20 min mark.

PS: congrats to person who got their interview assigned. Good luck to all CC in getting an interview!

Edited by Snipe

Always double check your documents and forms. Not only do you get delayed by RFEs and Checklists, but the time it takes for them to review the new items you send could be used to approve more applications. Save yourself and others valuable time!

Current Status: NVC:
-Assigned and Received NVC Case Number, IIN, and BIN April 18, 2014. (100% sure case # was assigned today because I called twice and it wasn't assigned in the morning when they opened but in the afternoon it was)
*Could not provide email then as case was still being updated in their system
-On April 21, 2014 I was able to provide my email and beneficiary's.
-On April 28 I was able to fill out DS-261
-On April 29 I received and paid AOS Fee (at 1pm)
-On May 1 I received and paid IV Fee (at 1pm [became available]), also AOS Fee shows as PAID
-On May 5 IV Fee shows as PAID and DS-260 became available and was completed. Also, AOS Package Scanned by NVC

-On May 7 IV Package Scanned by NVC

-On May 28 AOS Accepted

-On June 2 IV Accepted/Case Complete

-On June 11 Interview Email Received

-On July 3 Interview at Moscow

Note: Medical Exam scheduled after interview letter received by calling the specific clinic, earliest appointment was 2 weeks ahead)

-Visa approved, came to us, got greencard, sadly things didnt go well and divorced. Last I hears she was still in the US and got a full greencard (I notified USCIS of divorce though)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Just called NVC - interview scheduled today for 7/22

Congratulations on your interview date. I guess they have started scheduling for July, on another note I thought is a first in first out situation, just wondering why you got end of July date or could be your embassy as a backlogged as NVC?

fair enough, but all I'm saying is, if you do end up getting approved monday then it would show that they are following that day by day pattern which could help people in the future who do not call daily to at least for sure call on their date or afterwards asap. ie: LifeOnHold should definitely not wait and call today since they should be responding to her checklist today.

By the way I was excited yesterday after they picked up also on 2nd try but then waited for 46 minutes...... It's annoying too because I'd prefer no sound for the on hold message since you got to put attention to hear the person who picks up and cant do anything while calling. lol how many times have you people confused the "all operators are..." with a real person picking up only to realize its machine. it gets me everytime after being on hold past the 20 min mark.

PS: congrats to person who got their interview assigned. Good luck to all CC in getting an interview!

so with all this confusion with the extra piece of mail supposedly in my file, I just spoke to Aileen, only took me 2 times to redial before it picked up and only 18 minutes on hold. That is one for the history books.

Anyway, she told me my file was moved to review on May 21st. So it could be any day now. ( says me) Aileen said wait 30 days. bla bla bla...

I received the corrected email response this afternoon with them telling me to disregard the previous email with somebody else's personal information ( ha ha) . Aileen said that was probably the reason for the mail received on the 23rd. She said call back next Wednesday, I said you'll have to excuse me but I feel the need to babysit my file since there are so many screwy things going on with it. She laughed and said "that's fine"

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post removed for innapropriate language, Post returned below after edit~~

I asked a simple question. Nowhere do you post that your lawyer is a personal friend so how was I supposed to know that? I paid my own fees even though I have a lawyer. What is the point of paying the lawyer to pay my fees when I can just pay them myself??? Same argument.. I was just wondering why you would give that control to your lawyer when you can do it yourself... plain and simple

And get over yourself and call your bank. Every bank processes debits differently. Some banks take a day others take a week. Call them and ask what their policies are. If you didn't know about VJ, you would just assume the fees were paid .. Its not a big deal... its part of this waiting game. Not everything is the fault of the NVC. I was trying to help you... I won't make that mistake again

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

if they tell you that you have mail waiting to be reviewed from May 7th, then that is scanned in. That is how they know its waiting. You are waiting for them to review it.

I have mail that was scanned in on May 7th waiting for review :/ Was told on Friday it was under review, then on Tuesday it hasn't been reviewed.

I think I should let go of hopes for a July interview :-( We're going to Prague in August so that should be fun with trying to work around an interview!!

I hope you get good news soon!

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

no no no CALL TODAY! Right now pick up the phone. NVC has been going very predictably and today they are on May 5th scanned dates. So you should be able to know if your checklist is approved. The same goes for anyone who had items scanned May 5th.

as for Lovetico, you probably wont get response till monday if they follow pattern.

by the way when I mean by dates I mean you have to call at the end of the day at least after 7pm eastern time so for example lovetico would have to call at the end of monday not in the morning.

I've been checking so far and it seems they have been following this pattern, so perhaps people can report back to see if I am somewhat right but so far I've been stalking tons of people's signature timelines and it seems right.

By the way just to confrim, when you get a checklist for IV documents "Your DS260 has been received and we are waiting for your documents..." Does it mean the AOS has been accepted or just that DS260 has been accepted. I understand it to be the AOS being accepted but can't remember. Regardless I know It is a false checklist but want to know which of those 2 things it means,

I usually call after 7pm anyways. When it says they are waiting for your DS260 in a checklist without asking for anything else specific it generally means your AOS has been accepted and it's a false checklist. Now they're waiting for your IV package. :)

Just called NVC - interview scheduled today for 7/22

They are scheduling July interviews already!?!??!

Dating- 7/29/2008
Engaged- 1/12/2012
Married in Portugal- 8/10/2013
USCIS:
NOA1- 8/15/2013
Transferred to CSC- 2/10/2014
NOA2- 2/19/2014

NVC:
NVC Received Case- 2/27/2014
NVC Case Number- 4/02/2014
AOS Fee Invoiced- 4/04/2014
AOS Fee Paid and AOS Sent- 4/07/2014
IV Fee Invoiced- 4/10/2014

IV Fee Paid- 4/12/2014

AOS Package in NVC System- 4/14/2014

IV Package Sent- 4/17/2014

DS- 260 Available & Completed- 4/18/2014

IV Package in NVC System- 4/24/2014

Checklist for I-864 - 4/29/2014

Checklist for I-864 SENT- 5/1/2014

Checklist for I-864 in NVC System- 5/5/2014

CASE COMPLETE- June 2, 2014 :dance::dancing:(L):luv:
CC Email- 6/9/2014

Interview Date Email- 6/11/ 2014

Medical Exam- 6/24/2014

INTERVIEW DATE- July 22, 2014 at 1PM in Paris, France

POE- August 5, 2014 Finally Home!!!

I am the Petitioner and my husband is the Beneficiary. We are apart, as he is in Portugal and I am in the U.S.

ROC

20 May 2016- I-751 mailed

24 May 2016- ROC received at VSC

6 June 2016- NOA received

10 June 2016- Biometrics Letter received (scheduled for June 22, 2016)

I have mail that was scanned in on May 7th waiting for review :/ Was told on Friday it was under review, then on Tuesday it hasn't been reviewed.

I think I should let go of hopes for a July interview :-( We're going to Prague in August so that should be fun with trying to work around an interview!!

I hope you get good news soon!

I was just told tonight that my file was "moved to the review dept." on May 21st. Whatever that means. Next time you call, try and dig a little more. Ask them if its just received or if its actually with someone. and if its with someone, ask them when that happened. Complain that its been over 3 weeks. Act confused.... HAHA

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I was just told tonight that my file was "moved to the review dept." on May 21st. Whatever that means. Next time you call, try and dig a little more. Ask them if its just received or if its actually with someone. and if its with someone, ask them when that happened. Complain that its been over 3 weeks. Act confused.... HAHA

I have a good feeling you'll get a CC by the end of this week!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa Event Date

USCIS:

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

02-09-2012: Marriage

15-03-2013: I-130 NOA1

06-11-2013: Transfer date to TSC

09-01-2014: NOA2 (I-130)

29-01-2014: Shipped to NVC (I-130)

NVC:

06-02-2014: NVC received case

13-03-2014: Case Number assigned

13-03-2014: IIN Number assigned. Email addresses given

17-03-2014: DS-261 Available and submitted to NVC

18-03-2014: AOS invoice available on portal; AOS paid. "IN PROCESS"

20-03-2014: AOS shows "PAID"

24-03-2014: AOS/I-864 packet express mailed to NVC

01-04-2014: AOS packet arrived at NVC

27-03-2014: IV invoice available on portal; IV invoice paid. "IN PROCESS"

31-03-2014: IV invoice shows "PAID"

01-04-2014: DS-260 submitted

26-04-2014: IV Packet express mailed to NVC

01-05-2014: IV Packet received by NVC

21-05-2014: Case Complete

07-08-2014: Interview Scheduled

02-07-2014: Medical Completed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys,

June via bulletin is out and F2A retrogressed to 01MAY12. This is bad news for green card holder but do you think it will bump up processing speed at NVC for IR1/C1 due to reducing load of F2A?

I myself applied as F2A but now I am citizen so thankfully it will not effect me. Also when does the june bulletin takes effect at NVC..in few days when june starts or later? Thanks.

N400
----------------------------------------------------------
Feb 20 - USCIS update notification.
Feb 20 - biometrics done
Jan 31 - Applied N400 online 

NVC

----------------------------------------------------------

April 18, 2014 NVC received case

May 15, 2014 Case # and IIN assigned

DS-261 not required as I had lawyer on file

May 21, AOS and IV fee available and paid.

May 23, AOS and IV Packet sent.

May 23, DS 260 filled online.

May 29, AOS/IV scanned

Jun 3, Recieved email that AOS/IV fees are paid and I need to send the papers which I have already done.

July 3, Received postal mail from NVC that my visa preference has upgraded to CR1

July 8, Case Complete

I-130

--------------------------------------------------------

Feb 25, 2013 Priority date

April 01, 2014 I-130 approved

April 04, /2014 I-130 Send to NVC

If you have not filled you signature with timeline info yet, please do it now! Go to your profile, press 'Edit' and signature field becomes available.

I usually call after 7pm anyways. When it says they are waiting for your DS260 in a checklist without asking for anything else specific it generally means your AOS has been accepted and it's a false checklist. Now they're waiting for your IV package. :)

They are scheduling July interviews already!?!??!

Thanks! That's what I thought but I was a bit nervous and couldn't remember or find the answer :P

I guess it makes sense that they are scheduling for July since tomorrow and friday are the last 2 business days of the month so maybe they got a head start because in some parts of the world it already is May 29 but that's pure guessing.

I think that people with scan dates of May 12 and earlier should get CC before the end of next week so hopefully we can snatch a July Interview

Always double check your documents and forms. Not only do you get delayed by RFEs and Checklists, but the time it takes for them to review the new items you send could be used to approve more applications. Save yourself and others valuable time!

Current Status: NVC:
-Assigned and Received NVC Case Number, IIN, and BIN April 18, 2014. (100% sure case # was assigned today because I called twice and it wasn't assigned in the morning when they opened but in the afternoon it was)
*Could not provide email then as case was still being updated in their system
-On April 21, 2014 I was able to provide my email and beneficiary's.
-On April 28 I was able to fill out DS-261
-On April 29 I received and paid AOS Fee (at 1pm)
-On May 1 I received and paid IV Fee (at 1pm [became available]), also AOS Fee shows as PAID
-On May 5 IV Fee shows as PAID and DS-260 became available and was completed. Also, AOS Package Scanned by NVC

-On May 7 IV Package Scanned by NVC

-On May 28 AOS Accepted

-On June 2 IV Accepted/Case Complete

-On June 11 Interview Email Received

-On July 3 Interview at Moscow

Note: Medical Exam scheduled after interview letter received by calling the specific clinic, earliest appointment was 2 weeks ahead)

-Visa approved, came to us, got greencard, sadly things didnt go well and divorced. Last I hears she was still in the US and got a full greencard (I notified USCIS of divorce though)

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

I don't blame you at all!!!!!! this process is the worst process ever! dealing with something that we don't have any kind of control or at least understanding of!

People outside of the US don't understand how hard it is to go through this!!!!

Every step in this process has a long wait associated with it from start to finish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Complete non-sense!!!!!!!!!!!

Every time I'm on the verge of pulling my hair out over all the waiting I make myself remember that each period of waiting is getting shorter. AND it's all better than wading through the black hole of USCIS and blindfolded !!!

Just an update, our IV supporting documents were delivered today and signed for by Mun M. I was just concerned that the destination service area and the delivery made was in Boston. I am not very good with geography but I swear I did not put Boston in the address.

Can someone enlighten me on this one please?

Thank you.

Edited by essysita

xmIGp8.png

I am the beneficiary.

NVC journey

March 2014

2014-03-10 - NVC Received

April 2014

2014-04-08 - Case number assigned

2014-04-16 - Got Invoice Identification Number (IIN)

- DS-261 submitted

2014-04-17 - AOS invoice available

2014-04-19 - AOS paid

2014-04-21 - IV invoice available

2014-04-25 - AOS invoice shows "PAID"

2014-04-28 - IV invoice paid

- AOS packet sent

May 2014

2014-05-01 - IV invoice shows "PAID"

2014-05-02 - DS-260 available

2014-05-06 - AOS packet received / scanned at NVC

2014-05-26 - IV packet sent

- DS-260 completed

2014-05-30 - Checklist for AOS (Found out by calling NVC)

June 2014

2014-06-02 - IV packet received / scanned at NVC

2014-06-06 - Email for AOS checklist received

2014-06-07 - Response to AOS checklist sent

2014-06-11 - AOS checklist response delivered at NVC

2014-06-16 - AOS checklist response received / scanned at NVC

July 2014

2014-07-10 - IV packet and DS-260 reviewed and accepted

2014-07-25 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!!

September 2014

2014-09-05 - Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.