justinfelony

Married Abroad With Fake Birth Certificate

40 posts in this topic

One thing i don't get is how can one get a BC (by definition a state record of the event of birth) in a country they weren't born in. Didn't you know they're their own country and not part of the US?..

Americans get married abroad all the time. Here you just have to prove you're not married in the US to do it.

How? Because he got a fake one. He purposely got a fake document to defraud the marriage clerks.

He did so because it seems there are different rules for foreigners and locals, so instead following the rules and registering someplace as a foreigner that wants to marry, he just got a fake certificate and pretended to be Mexican.

Somehow he thought this was a good plan and a great start to a marriage.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Wow, my first double post error. :)

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

How? Because he got a fake one. He purposely got a fake document to defraud the marriage clerks.

He did so because it seems there are different rules for foreigners and locals, so instead following the rules and registering someplace as a foreigner that wants to marry, he just got a fake certificate and pretended to be Mexican.

Somehow he thought this was a good plan and a great start to a marriage.

Oh wow. A cunning plan, oh so cunning.

And the question is now how to hoodwink the US government to think he didn't? Right. Not sure why, but somehow i doubt that'd work.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Sounds like he was never legally married in the first place...

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

I DID NOT purposely want to DEFRAUD ANY FOREIGN GOVERNMENT. I was on vacation from my job and only had THREE WEEKS to spend with her. I wanted TO LIVE WITH HER during that time but SHE WOULDN’T UNLESS I GOT MARRIED. I TOOK my ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE and PASSPORT to the judge and he told me it had to be apostilled by my native state of birth. Seeing that this was going to take a lot of time, probably around several weeks’ time, and because MY STAY IN MEXICO WAS LIMITED :cry2: due to my JOB CONSTRAINTS, I decided to act quickly and take his second option, i.e., to register as a Mexican native. Being that her parents wanted their daughter to be married before she moved in with me, I married. Like I said before, my intention was never to defraud anyone, and I’m trying to make things right now. Here in the states if you’re an undocumented immigrant or whatever you can marry as long as you show a VALID FOREIGN ID card. There in Mexico it’s different: I had to have my birth certificate apostilled (certified) by my native state of birth in the US and SINCE I DIDN’T HAVE THE LUXURY OF WAITING indefinitely, unless I wanted to be unemployed, I took the alternative route in order TO LIVE WITH HER. It may seem childish and stupid in hindsight; but I did what I did and reacted quickly in order to obtain the goal. It’s as simple as that. PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES AND WE LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES OF THOSE MISTAKES. Seeing that were BOTH IN OUR TWENTIES :devil: and none of us have kids :oops: , I’d say we have a lot of options still to think of the future.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So you are saying you were thinking with your #######?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I do not think 3 weeks can be classified as "living" with someone... Basically you are saying you made a lifetime commitment with someone via marriage by lying about legal documents in order to spend 3 weeks in the same bed and under the same roof with a woman... Yes,I agree that the wrong head might have been in charge in that one.

And i might add, before you commit your mother to sighngmthat she will be financially liable for so done for 10 years, I would have a discussion with her. Does she even know you are married? Now you doubt her sincerity? Wowzers !

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

I DID NOT purposely want to DEFRAUD ANY FOREIGN GOVERNMENT. I was on vacation from my job and only had THREE WEEKS to spend with her. I wanted TO LIVE WITH HER during that time but SHE WOULDN’T UNLESS I GOT MARRIED. I TOOK my ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE and PASSPORT to the judge and he told me it had to be apostilled by my native state of birth. Seeing that this was going to take a lot of time, probably around several weeks’ time, and because MY STAY IN MEXICO WAS LIMITED :cry2: due to my JOB CONSTRAINTS, I decided to act quickly and take his second option, i.e., to register as a Mexican native. Being that her parents wanted their daughter to be married before she moved in with me, I married. Like I said before, my intention was never to defraud anyone, and I’m trying to make things right now. Here in the states if you’re an undocumented immigrant or whatever you can marry as long as you show a VALID FOREIGN ID card. There in Mexico it’s different: I had to have my birth certificate apostilled (certified) by my native state of birth in the US and SINCE I DIDN’T HAVE THE LUXURY OF WAITING indefinitely, unless I wanted to be unemployed, I took the alternative route in order TO LIVE WITH HER. It may seem childish and stupid in hindsight; but I did what I did and reacted quickly in order to obtain the goal. It’s as simple as that. PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES AND WE LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES OF THOSE MISTAKES. Seeing that were BOTH IN OUR TWENTIES :devil: and none of us have kids :oops: , I’d say we have a lot of options still to think of the future.

What you did is exactly what fraud means.

Edited by sweet cakes

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Wow, just wow. Seems you are going to be spending some time in Mexico getting this fake marriage straightened out. You can't file for a fiancé visa since you are "married" but you aren't really married since you lied to obtain the legal document.

Good to know I can go to Mexico anytime I want and become a Mexican citizen with just some fake paperwork.

Edited by belinda63

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

If you want to fix it, chances are you will need to have your Mexican marriage annulled, since it was performed based on false information. It is considered fraud because you willingly provided the authorities with a fake birth certificate.

My suggestion would be for you to get a lawyer in Mexico, have your marriage annulled and once that is done - and not before - file for a K-1 visa, so that your fiancee can enter the US to marry you, stay and get her green card.

Optionally, once your marriage is annulled you can get your US birth certificate in order as required by the authorities in Mexico and marry your fiancee there, legally, this time around and then file for her CR/IR visa, so she can enter the US on a I-551 visa (greencard) and establish residence.

Either option should get you straightened out with the civil laws in both countries and with the USCIS in the US.

Good luck!

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.