Me_Theo

My conditional green card never issued.Then,When Can I apply for US citizenship.

96 posts in this topic

ok all frineds THANK YOU SO MUCH . Everybody said their opinions. Let to see, What is real answer from someone had real experience like me,10 years green card without condinanal card green card for apply N-400 for to be US Citizens.
Thanks all of you, .
I understand all you guys , All of you Think i should stay 3 years after my green card date issued. Don't send more if you are thinking like that.
I need just someone had real this problem like me.When did he/she his N-400

You won't FIND anyone like that, because that will NOT happen.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/182744-cr-1-and-if1-classification-codes/

IF1 is Alien whose record of admission is created upon the conclusion of a valid marriage contract after entering as a fiancé or fiancée of a US citizen.

Doesn't matter what visa category you are, you still cannot file for Citizenship now. But hey, ultimately the decision is in your hand. You can go ahead and apply, and tell us how it goes.

ok all frineds THANK YOU SO MUCH . Everybody said their opinions. Let to see, What is real answer from someone had real experience like me,10 years green card without condinanal card green card for apply N-400 for to be US Citizens.

Thanks all of you, .

I understand all you guys , All of you Think i should stay 3 years after my green card date issued. Don't send more if you are thinking like that.

I need just someone had real this problem like me.When did he/she his N-400

What we're trying to tell you is that what happened to you before adjustment of status, i.e. before your green card was approved, does not matter.

It's not a question of opinion tongue.png

If your green card says you are a permanent resident since February 16th, 2014, then that is all that matters for purposes of naturalization.

Timeline:

2005-04-14: met online

2005-09-03: met in person

2007-02-26: filed for K-1

2007-03-19: K-1 approved

2007-06-11: K-1 in hand

2007-07-03: arrived in USA

2007-07-21: got married, yay!

2007-07-28: applied for green card

2008-02-19: conditional green card in hand

2010-01-05: applied for removal of conditions

2010-06-14: 10-year green card in hand

2013-11-19: applied for US citizenship

2014-02-10: became a US citizen

2014-02-22: applied for US passport

2014-03-14: received US passport

Your N-400 will be returned to you and all fees kept if you file now. It would be better to give all that money to a charity rather than throw it away so carelessly.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

The boy is me? rofl.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif or you rofl.gifrofl.gif . Oh just joking devil.gif

Who's on first? I don't know is on third.

The only thing that matters on the card is the date after "resident since". Three years later you are eligible for citizenship when you've been married to a USC. Application can be made 90 days before that date. There's truly nothing you can do about it, even if USCIS lost your application and then found it and issued the green card late. Be glad they found it, I've heard of cases where it was never found and the applicant had to reapply after going through hell for a couple years trying to get it resolved.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

The boy is me? rofl.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif or you rofl.gifrofl.gif . Oh just joking devil.gif

Maybe you should wait for 3 years to apply for Citizenship.

From your interaction here, I don't think you have demonstrate an understanding of the English language to pass the Citizenship test anyway.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Triage is fun ! Try some, Today !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Question

Do you think during 2 years and some months ( from sep/2011 untill i got my GC feb /2014) I was / am in USA , It was "legal permanent resident" or no.

If no , Then what you call it .(( it was out of law )) or what ?

Please just serious answer.

Edited by Me_Theo

Timeline

Maybe you should wait for 3 years to apply for Citizenship.

From your interaction here, I don't think you have demonstrate an understanding of the English language to pass the Citizenship test anyway.

Save and keep your Think for yourself, my dear.

Edited by Me_Theo

Question

Do you think during 2 years and some months ( from sep/2011 untill i got my GC feb /2014) I was / am in USA , It was "legal permanent resident" or no.

If no , Then what you call it .(( it was out of law )) or what ?

Please just serious answer.

Your status was pending. You were not a permanent resident, but you were also not out of law because you had filed to stay.

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Timeline

You were in the middle of the AOS process.

To be a Legal Permanent Resident you have to have a Green Card.

That is mean (middle of the AOS process) was out of law or by lawful (legal) ?

That is mean (middle of the AOS process) was out of law or by lawful (legal) ?

Your presence was lawful, but you were not, for that duration, a legal permanent resident.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.