suhell

Cr1 visa problem

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

Hello I was denied entry to the USA because of my past drug convictions and was told I can never immigrate,

Is there anyway I can atleast visit since I have a US born baby with my spouse.? This is tearing us apart knowing I cant

enter the USA I hope atleast someone can give me advice on what I can apply for to atleast visit maybe a non-immigrant visa?

I honestly have lost hope in getting a greencard I dont want to not ever be able to visit please anyone let me know what I can take on thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

If you were denied an immigrant visa because of drug convictions you will be denied a non-immigrant visa for the same reasons. Where are your wife and child now?

Timeline

My wife and child are in the US because she has 2 other children living there from a previous marriage and they are english speakers

and used the american education system so they wont be able to migrate in austria, she cant distant the children from the father in the US. Thats why my case is so difficult to understand, so there will never be a will or way for me?

Timeline

First I would seek a good immigration lawyer that deals with immigration waivers. Looks like a waiver is what you need to pursue.

Also I would recommend you to to this website immigrate2us.net. This website like Visajourney but it specializes in difficult cases and waivers. Laurel Scott a very good attorney that specializes in waivers is on there and she also does a Wednesday Q and A on her website you could ask (I am suggesting all free avenues to pursue before the money starts to have to be paid).

Don't give up hope yet?

Now you say you were denied entry on assume on a VWP? So a I-130 petition has never been submitted for you?

Thank you I will look into that website, I applied for i130 and then did consulate processing I was in the US when I got approved but

then I came back to austria to take on processing and they deinied me now I cant enter on VWP, I lost all hope because I spoke to a few attorneys

and they said Its not waivable my issue is bad, what do you suggest?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you I will look into that website, I applied for i130 and then did consulate processing I was in the US when I got approved but

then I came back to austria to take on processing and they deinied me now I cant enter on VWP, I lost all hope because I spoke to a few attorneys

How long ago was your denial? What was the reason for the denial?

What happened to your petition after denial?

Did it get sent back to USCIS to revoke or deny?

Some followup and information is necessary here.Now some lawyer's may say hopeless. I would contact Laurel Scott here is her website send her an email tell it to her.

http://www.scottimmigration.net/

Please come back keep us posted. This is how we all learn and help each other. DO NOT give up hope okay.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

if they told you there is no waiver for your situation, there is nothing to do. She either immigrates there, and you live apart. Where were you living together before this? This is a do it yourself sit, and the scope of your situation is beyond the scope of what anyone here can help you with. Like dwheels said, try immigrate2us.net. But it looks as though you have already consulted an attorney and have your answer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How many drug convictions do you have , how much drugs and what type of drugs were they and when were the conviction(s)

Some such as dealing you will never be able to come to the US and others after at least a decade of nearly perfect behavior and evidence of treatment you may be able to get a waiver.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I think you might be out of luck for visiting as well... Have you tried yet for a b2? How long in the past are we talking for these issues?

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

You will not be allowed to immigrate to the US if you have past drug convictions. You will

not be able to enter the country anymore if the reason why you were denied a VISA previously was DRUGS. Even if that happened years ago, your name will still be in the list. You can quote me with this.

No consular officer will grant you a VISA if he wants to remain a US consular officer. He will be immediately kicked out of the position if he will let you in.

If your situation is tearing your family apart, then your wife and kid should be the one to immigrate to the country where you are-- thats the advise you will get from them.

Sorry for being direct. I dont want you to have false hopes. Drug conviction and US VISA cant be in one page. DRUG appears red in their computer monitor.

Edited by MCGCB

Immigration lawyers might give you clarification on this. If you want to get one, ask him during your first session about your chances of getting a VISA. If its low, dont pursue. They will give you flowery words that youll end up paying so much. If you want direct and sure answers, go to the US embassy and ask them. You'll know what im talking about. My advise is based on my friend's horrible and expensive experience.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Doesn't sound good, but if you provide the full details of what your situation is someone might have an idea for you.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Drug dealing, drug consumption, which ones and how much.

How were you able to use the VWP, the questions are similar.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.